BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ewood Drinking....

So, normally when I get to matches I drive there and back but with the upcoming Semi myself and a couple of mates have decided to turn it into a full evening out. We did this a couple of years ago for a midweek match, we stayed at the Travelodge a couple of miles from Ewood, walked back after the game, changed then headed into town...I'm not going to lie...we were slightly underwhelmed with what we saw! We ended up in Liquid which was pretty much empty except for us, we tried to move on but the only option seemed to be a working mans club with what appeared to be a prostitute banging on the doors demanding to be let in.

As such, I thought I'd consult the locals as to where we should be going on a Tuesday night after the game. If, as I suspect there's pretty much nowhere bar/club wise then where should we be heading for a few pints pub-wise? Linked to this I suppose is where we should go BEFORE the game for decent banter that won't be ten deep at the bar!

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm sure there's a couple of experts on the subject out there...!

Its a free pie with every pint so ensure pre match you dont eat much ! I wonder if any of your lot can do the full range of pies/pasties with 5 pints !!!

On offer

steak and kidney

steak

meat and tattie

cheese and onion

meat and tattie pasty

Anyone managed the whole shiddddiinnnng

?

My suggestion would be:

Google 'The Hatters Hostel' in Manchester and base yourselves there (it's dirt cheap and a short train away from Blackburn). The hostel is a minute's walk from the city centre and it's numerous, numerous pubs, bars and clubs. Being a student city, there's bound to be plenty on until the early hours.

Its a free pie with every pint so ensure pre match you dont eat much ! I wonder if any of your lot can do the full range of pies/pasties with 5 pints !!!

On offer

steak and kidney

steak

meat and tattie

cheese and onion

meat and tattie pasty

Anyone managed the whole shiddddiinnnng

?

There is a reason why my cholesterol is through the roof.

On a Tuesday night in Blackburn your screwed. Your best bet is straight into the pubs after the game. If you're lucky you might get served till 12.30.

Make that any night Hasta, even Fridays and Saturdays are dead nowadays, such is the sad decline of the town centre nightlife.

My suggestion would be:

Google 'The Hatters Hostel' in Manchester and base yourselves there (it's dirt cheap and a short train away from Blackburn). The hostel is a minute's walk from the city centre and it's numerous, numerous pubs, bars and clubs. Being a student city, there's bound to be plenty on until the early hours.

Thought about that but if I'm getting the train somewhere I might as well just go back to Leeds, it feels like defeating the point. Surely there must be somewhere for a few drinks and a laugh after the game, even a pub serving 'til 1230!

Thought about that but if I'm getting the train somewhere I might as well just go back to Leeds, it feels like defeating the point. Surely there must be somewhere for a few drinks and a laugh after the game, even a pub serving 'til 1230!

I think the Walmesley in Rishton gets quite busy most match days. :rolleyes:

Blackburn is dead nowadays. I really feel for the kids of today. In my youth weekend started Thurs night and went through till Sunday night inclusive....... and there was still a good night to be had at the Beechwood disco on Monday nights.

Price of beer v price of drugs, breath test, cheap supermarket booze, crippling mortgages, sky telly, play stations, t'internet, teetotal muslim population...... it's all working against the traditional social agenda. Oh well, que sera sera.

• Backroom

Totally off topic but in relation to what Theno said about sky I managed to get £20 a month off my sky for 6 months today, just rang up and said I wasn't too happy and she said its an offer on at the minute.

May be worth a shot for anyone else.

It makes me cringe when out of towners visit Blackburn town centre!

I'm only 25, 'but when I was a lad' time! in all seriousness, when I first started going in town at 17, Blackburn was a decent night, Cav, Jumpin jacks, Jazzy Kex, Cubes, Club Tropicana were your clubs- dont get me wrong a lot of them were total s**** but thats not the point!

Loads of town centre pubs, I am not kidding when I say i used to speak to people from all over the North West who had come for the night.

Now it is a ghost town 7 nights a week, pubs closed left right and centre. if there are any other towns of 100000 people with a nightlife as bad as Blackburn i'd like to see it!

Such a shame

In fact, No. I'm not going to the Rovers then staying somewhere else becase it might be rubbish. I want to be with other Rovers fans celebrating a famous victory and being halfway to Wembley. Can someone just lay it on the line for me, which pub is best pre and post game?

In fact, No. I'm not going to the Rovers then staying somewhere else becase it might be rubbish. I want to be with other Rovers fans celebrating a famous victory and being halfway to Wembley. Can someone just lay it on the line for me, which pub is best pre and post game?

IMO Ewood Arms

If you want to celebrate half way to Wembley you could try Birmingham? ;-)

Ewood Arms sounds like a good shout, TBH.

Archived