BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Xmas Number One - Do Your Bit!

Well I hope the trendies are proud of themselves forcing that heap of crap to no.1. It doesn't concern me particularly as it's the show that I enjoy not the records, as I have said before I don't buy singles and cosider most of modern pop music to be rubbish anyway. I hope they enjoy listening to their puchases. Fat Chance! :xmas:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I hope the trendies are proud of themselves forcing that heap of crap to no.1. It doesn't concern me particularly as it's the show that I enjoy not the records, as I have said before I don't buy singles and cosider most of modern pop music to be rubbish anyway. I hope they enjoy listening to their puchases. Fat Chance! :xmas:

I think, Al, you are being disingenuous. Trendies? I think this is the people standing up to the enforced trend for once. Is the x-factor contestant a relative?

It concerns me just how much all of this bothers you.

C'mon Al. It could be worse, Jedward could have been Christmas number one!

If that doesn't console you, I doubt Joe will suffer much as a result of his failure, and I'm sure the next single written for him will be number one.

I'd be more worried about Louis Walsh. By the looks of it, he needs to slow down a bit...

article-0-07A0344E000005DC-582_468x439.jpg

Don't worry, they'll all forget about it in a month, but Sony BMG will be enjoying the profits for a while to come. Had my internship at the company and made some nice friends as well as having some family ties to the company and I know that there are some rather pleased people this Christmas.

You're making me even happier that it go to number one. It's exactly the kind of reaction I wanted from people who wanted the X Factor at number one. Cheers Al. :xmas:

Yes but to say the sentence 'The RHCP are a @#/? band' would show you to be nothing but ignorant.

Yes, I can accept 'I don't like their music' but as four musicians playing together their collective dynamic and tightness is phenomenal, and as a band of musicians they are great. Most people on here probably don't like classical music but you wouldn't find many saying the E.L.O. are a '@#/? band' would you?

You are so tedious. any more hairs you want to split.

if someone says band x are rubbish, then they would be referring to the music and not the musical ability of the band members. Give it a rest.

Why do people get so het up about music?

I think X factor is an absolute bag of pig swill, Simon Cowell has got to be one of the most contemptuous arrogant men currently breathing, and at times the whole thing is like a Victorian freak show. I'd like to flush it down the crapper, but it's here to stay, like that other televisual rubbish big Brother polluted our screens for a deacde.

Manufactured pop stars are nothing new, but this whole show is about the power of mass marketing and making a slimy little toad even richer. I don't mind if other people want to watch it, but it ain't my thing. Regardless of RATM, the whole enterprise has made Cowell a whole load of cash, and quite possibly his artist has shifted even more units than he would've done in getting to number 2, than he would've done if RATM hadn't been part of this campaign. Cowell saying he was "gutted" is absolute nonsense. I'm sure he'd be quite happy for this to be an annual thing so he can sell even more anodyne soppy syrupy sick-kmaking Michael Bolton lite krap.

Include me out, i haven't bought a single for years.

Well the 'trendies' (whatever that means) are probably delighted that a grass-roots movement has forced a brilliant, original counter-culture song to the top of the charts at the expense of Cowell's karaoke nightmare. Genuinely delighted I would imagine.

Lol :lol: I`ve never been called a trendy in my life, so you cannot mean me Al.

Rage Against The Machine reaching number1 this christmas :xmas: & beating that pile of crap Cowell has shovelled onto a cd printing press has regained a little bit of my faith in mankind. We`re not totally doomed.....yet.

Come on, they cannot even give the winner of this show an original song to sing.It`s a f###### cover-version! Who`s betting he`ll re-record "don`t stop believing" too? It`s nothing more than a Saturday tea-time tv Karaoke competition for the masses.

Lechuck...."You're making me even happier that it go to number one. It's exactly the kind of reaction I wanted from people who wanted the X Factor at number one. Cheers Al."

Exactly!!! :tu:

keep the faith brother!!! B)

Now you have reached the point when you have run out of arguments so you are attacking me personally. The point is you are well into the minority in your view, proven by the viewing figures.

Well I hope the trendies are proud of themselves forcing that heap of crap to no.1. I hope they enjoy listening to their puchases. Fat Chance! :xmas:

I think you'll find, Al, that your views are well into the minority, as proven by the sales figures ;)

Why do people get so het up about music?

I would have thought a football fan could see how one could pationately follow and care about something that, in the grand scheme of things, isn't important.

(Just trying to give you a better answer than the one Shilito gave you!)

This topic appears to have run it's course and I would like to thank the other posters for the hours of amusement and banter they have provided. I have enjoyed it guys! :P:xmas::lol:

Wow, I'm surprised Joe's career lasted THIS long. What's that, about 4 days since he missed out on the number one and already he's old news? I didn't think Andy Warhol meant it as literally as that!

:lol:

Yes, it was fun while it lasted Al.

Archived