BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Terry

Ricky

• Backroom

I know other people have complained on Evra's behalf, but unless he's personally complained before about a player being racist to him and it turned out to be false I don't see why it keeps getting brought up.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I hope any racism on the pitch is caught, in this case though I agree with something Wenger was saying is that often players are out there and there are nervy situations. Gee, if you use some 'expletives', I guess you could call such terms "sexist". It's a thin line but I think what is really wrong and should be punished is if true racist types of epithets are being thrown around.

In Terry's case, the police are involved in an investigation as well but yes, the FA or the Police, it should not take long to judge. But there are 2 authorities looking at these allegations.

Suarez I'm hearing bagged 4 goals vs. Chile in a qualifier Friday, I have not read the story myself. Evra has been involved in incidences before. Suarez said if nothing is found on him doing wrong, Evra should apologise.

If I was suspected of making racist remarks I'd have had the book thrown at me by now.

Evra was clearly upset after the Liverpool game, something went on.

If I was suspected of making racist remarks I'd have had the book thrown at me by now.

Evra was clearly upset after the Liverpool game, something went on.

I had a sneaking suspicion of what the word might be. Words like this shouldn't really be used on the pitch anyway at least in Inglaterra I would think. This article confirms my suspicion as to what that word "probably" was in Spanish.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/881648-luis-suarez-could-avoid-patrice-evra-racism-rap-due-to-spanish-slang

Spanish has the "ito" or "ita" ending to where you can add it on a word, it means little but if you add it on a word it often can mean something is dear or a term of affection.

Perrito - Little dog, doggie, Gatito - Little cat, little kitty one could call their pets. This article is indicating reports are this is the kind of term Suarez used in regards to skin colour.

One could maybe say that to a Brazilian or Columbian in South America but if a person wasn't from a country like that but from France or Ghana for example, that would not really be proper and I know, I know some Ghanaians we have kicked the ball around with. A person would need to be a Spanish speaker to really understand the meaning.

I'll stop there but actually, I do believe English some equivalent situations in words used but not in the same way.

In Spanish countries, people often refer to others by their skin colour frequently which is interesting, huello, white, etc. Kind of like when someone says a person is olive skinned.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived