BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Terry

Ricky

The England squad is full of scumbag individuals and vastly overrated players that are simply not good enough to play at national level.

Really ? Please name the players "simply not good enough to play at national (sic) level".

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given Terry has done what he has, on the whole the reaction is good:

- Capello did not steam in immediately but has acted with commendable ruthlessness after time for reflection and consultation. Until the appointment of Terry's successor he comes out of it strengthened.

- Considering the tribal macho instincts of your common or garden footballer, the players would not have been comfortable with having Terry leading them when he has been enjoying another player and supposed best mate's then other half.

- Let's be honest, Terry is no great shakes as a skipper anyway. England could just have got lucky here.

Well done Capello for doing the right thing. I doubt if a British manager would have had the balls to do the same.

Either of Gerrard, Lampard or Rooney would be a good captain.

That Capello obviously comes on here. :rolleyes: You should have taken note of this too Jim....

'31 January 2010 [/b]- 09:41 AM' timestamp='1264930892' post='875187']

As an England player he should continue, as an England captain his position is untenable imo.

;)

I don't know why you wrote the above Jim, fact is the Fa and any England manager could only have come up with the same decision. I've no doubt it was all sorted with Capello, the FA AND the sponsors days ago and thats why the meeting was short and sweet.

As for the next captain being selected from Gerrard (filmed instigating a bar room brawl), Lampard (Ellen Rives kicked him out for repeated infidelity) and Rooney (GMILF and give money to addict). Are you kidding?

Other alternatives are Rio (dodged drugs test), Ashley Cole ..not a captain and with a dodgy headline or two and a current driving ban.

Step forward please either David James or Gareth Barry.

That Capello obviously comes on here. rolleyes.gif You should have taken note of this too Jim....

wink.gif

I don't know why you wrote the above Jim, fact is the Fa and any England manager could only have come up with the same decision.

Not true. There are a few former managers including the previous incumbent who would not have taken that decision.

You're too far up your own derriere.

I've always thought Gerrard should get the captaincy. He's rarely in the headline, keeps his head down and leads by example. He also has experience of being captain at Liverpool.

He's definitely the logical, if slightly uninspiring, choice.

David Beckham is the one that could possibly lift the mood and do a good job.

Rooney is a risky option, I don't think we should risk ruining his good form by putting extra responsibility on him. Complete turd in front of the cameras as well.

Isn't Ferdinand vice captain? Surely can't be him with that injury record. I'm not going to rule him out though.

Outsider...David James? The only one in the team with more than two brain cells, would certainly be excellent from a PR point of view (interviews, press conferences etc) in the build up.

Not true. There are a few former managers including the previous incumbent who would not have taken that decision.

You're too far up your own derriere.

Wasn't his decision you dope. The FA only pretended it was. Their commercial team and the sponsors run the show. :rolleyes:

btw this is one of your preferred choices ....... Happy reading. :rolleyes:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=steven+gerrard+gangster&btnG=Search&meta=

It was his decision you cretin. Capello bows to no one, least of all the lilly-livered FA.

They all worship at the alter of the green eyed God. If the England sponsors say jump the FA and Capello ask how high and thats that. If you think anything else then you are more stupid than I thought......

....wait a second, you can't be, thats impossible. :P

Thought I heard on the radio that it's Rio Ferdinand taking over.

If thats true then the FA and Capello will be like lambs to the slaughter!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Rio+Ferdinand+scandal&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

All this googling speaks volumes for our 'heroes' doesn't it?

They all worship at the alter of the green eyed God. If the England sponsors say jump the FA and Capello ask how high and thats that.

Not true. Capello would walk away from the job tomorrow if he were dictated to by anyone. He doesn't need the England job.

I always had you down as thick but you really are a bonehead at times.

Sacking Terry as England captain was the right thing to do. You cannot have a leader who 'shafts' his team-mates (& their WAGs) <_<

....but i don`t agree with having Ferdinand as captain. A captain is supposed to stand up & be counted in awkward situations. Rio proved his character when he ran away & disappeared when they wanted a drug test. I`m sure he was involved in a 'spit-roast' scandal a few years back too? :huh:

I`m not sure who they could`ve made captain, cos most of them have had front page revelations aimed at them.

They`re a bit of a shower really. Would you want your daughter to bring one home? :huh:

Not true. Capello would walk away from the job tomorrow if he were dictated to by anyone. He doesn't need the England job.

True, Capello takes no sh*t, he has always been like that, as a player and a manager.

The writing was on the wall for Terry.

Capello will make decisions he believes are best for the team - no chance of him being dictated to by anyone.

Good grief! If he didn't need it he wouldn't bloody well be doing it would he! Unless of course he is some sort of masochist. £4m per year taking him up to retirement and you say he doesn't need it. :rolleyes:

Tell you what Jim, if you are clever then I'm bloody glad I'm thick! :P

I've always thought Gerrard should get the captaincy. He's rarely in the headlines, keeps his head down and leads by example. He also has experience of being captain at Liverpool.

Apart from when he's trying to deck the DJ's around Southport or getting the local scouse drug dealers off his back.

Wasn't his decision you dope. The FA only pretended it was. Their commercial team and the sponsors run the show. :rolleyes:

They do realise that his replacement may well be damaged goods as well?

So I guess they'll be on the blower to Fab telling him who to replace terry with as well?

They do realise that his replacement may well be damaged goods as well?

So I guess they'll be on the blower to Fab telling him who to replace terry with as well?

Don't be stupid Bryan.

Fabio will be on here reading what Gordon has had to say about the appointment.

Only then will a review of the decision to appoint Ferdinand be made.

• Backroom

Stripping Terry of the captaincy is fine, but having Rio as captain is a poor choice. Hardly a saint himself, and with a poor injury record as of late.

There's no point making Beckham captain, though. He's not a first teamer, and the captain has to be considered a definite starter in the first 11.

It's picking the best of a bad bunch, but Gerrard and Lampard are probably the only viable choices. Gareth Barry has a clean enough image, but will he start regularly?

I don't see the point in this. If Terry has committed such an unforgivable sin, take him out the squad entirely. If it's not bad and he's trusted enough to start the games, then he should be trusted enough as captain. How would shift improve the stability of the England team I have no idea. What happens when they discover some dirt on Rio?

Archived