BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Terry

Ricky

What bugs me is the gagging order, everyone has done wrong things in the past and had to learn to live with it and cope with the troubles that arise, what makes me so angry that he tried to protect his good name because of MONEY.

He wanted to protect sponsership deals, this guy is on close to 160,000 a week ffs and he needs to protect sponsership deals, do the right thing for once in your life.

I dont care what he did, I dont care that he is the loathsome creature some would make out but be a ###### man and admit you did wrong instead of trying to protect your public image.

If its any consolation people up north hated you before you stuck a tail on your best mates wife so no face lost up here, we hated you before and after.

And in my opinion footballers make terrible stories in papers whatever they do never surprises, they get paid to much and have no idea what to do with their brass (journos dream)

Dig a hole and throw Ashley Cole, Cheryl and John Terry suckling Lampards nipple in and get Simon Cowel to fill it in whilst wearing susan boyles clothes, now that would make a newspapaer worth buying.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I'm not English, but was Terry trying to protect only himself? As the saying goes - what you don't know can't hurt you. If this situation does lead to a new captain and/or instability in the back for England, then wouldn't have it been better for no one to have found out? What's more important - for the public to learn the dirt on a player, or for England to win the World Cup?

So who's gonna be up for the England captaincy then?

Wayne Rooney - Likes the 'older' women (ahem) allegedly

Steven Gerrard - Run over a kid and started a fight in a bar because the guy wouldn't give him a remote control

Frank Lampard - Played away allegedly

Ashley Cole - Ditto

Rio Ferdinand - I 'forgot' about the drugs test

No one else plays regularly or good enough to be considered.

Give it back to Becks! All is forgiven! (Although he's had his past indiscretions too).

My gut feeling is that as long as Terry keeps performing and not let all the media rubbish get into his head he'll remain the captain. Given his previous he's already shown that he doesn't give a flying F what others think really so I think he'll be alright. Not that I agree with it really.

Steven Gerrard - Run over a kid and started a fight in a bar because the guy wouldn't give him a remote control

Ashley Cole - Ditto

Only two of those would be certain starters in my England team. But a difficult decision for Capello to make. One of those 'certs' has had dodgy sexual insinuations levelled at him and the other prefers to pay older women for sex and still has a tendency to foot stamping tantrums. (... I dont often give the old git credit but all credit here to his manager for channelling his agression into the job in hand so well.)

btw You've forgotten Gareth Barry.

Didn't he also get done for peeing at the bar in a night club instead of using the toilet?

Always thought he was a k**b, and is exactly the reason why I can't stand the national side anymore, him Lampard, A Cole and J Cole, all tossers.

Why do you think it has been so easy to become a Socceroos supporter? Looking forward to the round of 16 at the world cup (if England finish top and Socceroos finish 2nd then we play each other!!)

Ashley Cole - Ditto

Give it back to Becks! All is forgiven! (Although he's had his past indiscretions too).

My gut feeling is that as long as Terry keeps performing and not let all the media rubbish get into his head he'll remain the captain. Given his previous he's already shown that he doesn't give a flying F what others think really so I think he'll be alright. Not that I agree with it really.

Having a weird Granny fetish isn't anywhere near as bad as beating someone up.

John Terry shouldn't be stripped of his captaincy, simply because adultery has absolutely nothing to do with football and his captaincy should be based on his values on the pitch and ability to motivate his team and keep them together. As long as the rest of the players keep Terry away from their girlfriends/wives it shouldn't be a problem ;)

The media is the scourge of the earth and these celebrity relationship are bogus and designed for the fickle. Their personal lives shouldn't even be exposed in the press. None of us know the relationships between these players, their girlfirends/wives etc. How many celebrity marriages actually last? Most end usually with the wife getting a large share of the money. Most start with the wife getting a lot of the money. It's all for show.

I hope I live to see the day when there's no bullshit in the papers and in magazines about celebrity relationships, marriages, breakups and the like. Seriously, I don't care and neither should anyone else. I'm concerned with my own private life and I'm not going to take celebrities as role models. I take people I know who have raised amazing families and have made amazing achievements as role models, not people I don't know and couldn't care less about past their professional careers.

Spot on.

according to a story in the danish media, capello along with the FA, wants terry to tell them the truth about the situation. Either he does that or he is fired as el capitan.

the funny thing is, that terry is the one being crucified, while the girl gets a free pass. Very astute of her, going to the press, so she quickly could show, how big a victim she really is. Perhaps terry was aware of this and therefore wanted the gag order.

Now I'm not English, but was Terry trying to protect only himself? As the saying goes - what you don't know can't hurt you. If this situation does lead to a new captain and/or instability in the back for England, then wouldn't have it been better for no one to have found out? What's more important - for the public to learn the dirt on a player, or for England to win the World Cup?

I think it is impossible to argue that the truth should not come out. That is the path to ruin as you need to be held accountable for your actions. If it was an admissable argument you would end up with no one being told anything about anything becasue it was for 'the publics own good' and how does a society work on that basis?

He has made his bed. With the money, responsibility and fame comes exposure.

Terry is a tosser. End of. Always has been always will. He should never have been captain anyway imo. Up until the incident in the bar, Gerrard would be my England Captain. Since THAT it's been Wayne Rooney. A lionheart if there ever was one. What about Dunny? ;)

Rooney the rubber fetish, granny banger..... emm good role model for the children of England. Well the Shameless ones.

I think it is impossible to argue that the truth should not come out. That is the path to ruin as you need to be held accountable for your actions. If it was an admissable argument you would end up with no one being told anything about anything becasue it was for 'the publics own good' and how does a society work on that basis?

He has made his bed. With the money, responsibility and fame comes exposure.

the truth should come out, TO THOSE IT CONCERNS. Terry should be held accountable, but not by the masses, but by his family and none other.

funny a player like rooney is mentioned as captain, didnt he also cheat on his girlfriend .?

Ignoring all of the moral issues for a second - and for the record I'm on the 'smoss' rather 'miker' side of the fence - what would the dressing room be like with Terry (stripped of the captaincy) and, let's say, Rooney as captain.

Would this be any happier a place than with Terry remaining as captain? Also, Capello's decision will come down to what is England's best team to win matches. For these reasons, I think he'll back Terry and let him keep the captaincy.

If Terry loses the captaincy, he needs to go on sabatical from the England team until September.

Capello needs to be pragmatic.

It's unbelievable how many of the more experienced players have been in some sort of trouble, it barely seems worth giving the armband to someone else?

Maybe Terry will stay on until the World Cup then he'll be binned.

It does make you wonder - when was the last "nice guy" england footballer? Garath Southgate? Stuart Pearce?

Ah, actually thinking about it Owen and David James are good sorts. But then hardly guaranteed staters. Rooney is not ideal but he is a better shout than Terry.

The longer this goes the more likely he is to stay captain.

Personally, Id give it to Rooney if it had to be changed. But he is the "best" leader on the pitch I would think. But maybe his credibility is lost in some players eyes. He would still be leading the side with or without the armband.

the truth should come out, TO THOSE IT CONCERNS. Terry should be held accountable, but not by the masses, but by his family and none other.

That's basically my point of view. It's a private matter, I actually feel ashamed I've even read these articles and am participating in the debate! Although there's definitely a debate to be had, I just don't think there should be a need for one, since it shouldn't concern us.

The best way to retain any credibility and keep the English team together is for Terry and Bridge to confront each other and lay it all out in the open. These guys are professionals, and people have gone on about players acting professional on this board before, and when it comes to personal matters, these should be put aside when on the pitch. Terry committing adultery simply has nothing to do with football in my eyes.

At the end of the day, Terry may be flawed, but when it comes to football he is respected by his peers.

Exactly why is it hard to find an excellent footballer with a solid character? I was looking through England's national team rooster and Beckham would seem to be decent sort, more or less. Why not him?

The Mirror has a list of past captains and I can't but help but think it's a sad state of affairs if we can't find men of similar character in today's game.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/John-Terry-affair-The-England-like-Bobby-Moore-Billy-Wright-captains-who-were-true-moral-leaders-article309057.html

Exactly why is it hard to find an excellent footballer with a solid character? I was looking through England's national team rooster and Beckham would seem to be decent sort, more or less. Why not him?

The Mirror has a list of past captains and I can't but help but think it's a sad state of affairs if we can't find men of similar character in today's game.

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle309057.html

Check this guy out?!

"

Max Woosnam (1922)

Probably the greatest sportsman who ever lived, as well as captaining Manchester City and England at football, Woosnam scored a century at Lords, won Olympic gold at tennis, captained the Davis Cup team and won the men’s doubles at Wimbledon. After he retired he played golf off scratch, and scored a 147 break at snooker.

And in one memorable game of table tennis, he beat his host Charlie Chaplin, despite using a butter knife as a bat.

And that’s just his sporting achievements. He fought alongside Siegfried Sassoon on the Western Front, and later became a director of ICI.

"

Rather impressive!

You'd certainly think twice.

doing another man´s wife isnt a crime and .

Take away the fact she's half naked and you certainly would not risk your marriage for that!!

My point had nothing to do with morals or taking the high ground. It was simplly that she is quite rough looking. So please take yourself off that perch of yours you love so much.

Most definately her face looks like a badgers ass. If I was earning 150 grand a week I'd aim much higher. But this is Terry the simple minded chav scum were talking about.

Am I the only one reading this thread who sees a double standard in posts such as these?? The underlying attitude towards women is very poor in my view.

The fact we live in a society that presents overpaid immature sports people and overindulged Z-list celebrities as role models worries me far more than John Terry's overactive gentialia. Those of us who are parents on this MB - do we really and honestly say to our kids "you need to be just like the England footie captain if you want to get on in life"? Do we not try to be a role model ourselves - treating our partners with respect, knowing right from wrong, not sleeping with the neighbours wife/husband/dog/camel (delete what isn't your fancy) etc. etc.?

The proposition that John Terry in some way should be looked up to by my or anybody else's children is truly bizarre. If they weren't put on a pedestal we wouldn't need to be disappointed by behaviour that is typical of many young men & women who perhaps have been brought up with reference points/role models that are highly questionable - Kerry Katona & John Terry rather than Mum & Dad, for example - and seem to believe that talent, application, practice, and a set of moral values come second to getting you t**ts out in public, burning money when others are dying of hunger and behaving like a big spoilt kid which is exactly what they are. Role models? PAH - don't make me laugh!!

Next to this implication of the values we hold as a society, John Terry and his record of behaviour is a mere bagatelle that barely warrants debate.

For the record, should he be England captain? Probably not as he showed he lacked big match temperament when he missed "that" penalty in the Champs League final against Man U, but what do I know about football - I've been a Rovers fan for 35 years!!

Exactly. All this role model stuff is complete and utter nonsense. The actions of these stars and celebrities don't even warrant discussion in our house.

John Terry has behaved in an appalling manner on many occassions. His affair has nothing to do with the rest of us though and the reporting is typical of the gutter journalism The Mirror and its like represent. Publishing these stories has nothing to do with moral outrage and everything to do with sales. Coming from a media sector that regularly uses photographs of women's crotches, on the front page, to sell papers it's all a bit rich.

Some very good points from Miker.

John Terry has behaved in an appalling manner on many occassions. His affair has nothing to do with the rest of us though and the reporting is typical of the gutter journalism The Mirror and its like represent. Publishing these stories has nothing to do with moral outrage and everything to do with sales. Coming from a media sector that regularly uses photographs of women's crotches, on the front page, to sell papers it's all a bit rich.

Nonsense.

John Terry's behaviour is an affront to basic decency and as he is captain of our national team the Mirror should be congratulated for bringing it to the public's attention.

It should also be remembered that Terry was voted Dad of the Year by some organisation or other, a prestigious title (apparently) awarded to dads who are regarded as "role models".

Terry deserves all the opprobrium he is receiving thanks to the good offices of the tabloid press and Capello should do the right thing and strip him of the captaincy. I think he will.

Am I the only one reading this thread who sees a double standard in posts such as these?? The underlying attitude towards women is very poor in my view.

:lol::lol:

Kinell! It's a football messageboard not bloody Relate.com for goodness sakes. Here you are Paul... here try this........ http://www.relate.org.uk/home/index.html

I'm sure it will have a messageboard facility or similar for you. ^_^

Oh and in answer to your question ..... yes probably!.

Archived