BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Terry

Ricky

The adversity he has faced for his last two matches seems to have served as a reallity check for him and (early days yet) made him a better, more focusedc and more determined player. Some individuals react well to adversity and some don't, it appears up to now that he is in the former category.

I've long advocated dropping both Lampard and Gerrard from the England squad as a method of kicking them out of their comfort zone and seeing how they react. If they react badly then ta ra and if they react well it will be good for them, their clubs and England. With the WC a few months Capello wont have the nerve to do that but he really should have done as soon as he was appointed.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've long advocated dropping both Lampard and Gerrard from the England squad as a method of kicking them out of their comfort zone and seeing how they react. If they react badly then ta ra and if they react well it will be good for them, their clubs and England. With the WC a few months Capello wont have the nerve to do that but he really should have done as soon as he was appointed.

Yeah, it's a shame that Capello didn't do this considering how badly we've done under him. Maybe this whole mess could have been avoided if one of the best managers in the world had followed your advice. Still - it's all easy to say in hindsight, eh?

Simply being the captain and having lied to every single one of the members of the squad just destroys the trust they had in him. Captain's lead by example. Who would follow a liar and a cheat? As a player, he is just another member of the squad.

Captains lead by example ON THE PITCH, otherwise what's the logic behind Rio Ferdinand's appointment? I doubt the majority of England players give a monkey's that Terry cheated with Wayne Bridge's lady.

Captains lead by example ON THE PITCH, otherwise what's the logic behind Rio Ferdinand's appointment? I doubt the majority of England players give a monkey's that Terry cheated with Wayne Bridge's lady.

If only that were true. A captains role never ends at the pitch edge. A captain has a big role off the pitch, in the dressing room and in training. A captain must be able to be trusted and listened to by his teammates otherwise what is the point of the captain? Terry was asked outright if he had done what he had done and he said no to his England teammates. When you mess with another man's woman (a teammates) and you are the captain and then you lie about it when asked, I think a lot of your fellow players are not going to be on your side.

• Backroom

I don't think many of the England squad would have cared if Terry had just come out and admitted it - most of them would probably have done the same given half the chance - but if (and I will say if, because I read it in a tabloid) Terry lied to them about it then that's a different story.

• 1 year later...

"I hear you're racist now Terry? What's Chelsea's position on this? I can't devote myself to this racism ting full time with the farm and that."

We'll see if he said such stuff in time, or whether it is a case of crying wolf.

Should we all be racist now Father?

So what has Terry actually been accused of saying/doing? Has he made a racial slur or something?

Allegedly said something racist to Anton Ferdinand. Rumours that he put a lampshade on his head and pretended to be Birmingham owner Carson Yeung getting sent down have proven to be unfounded.

Yeh just googled it to find a bit more out about it, with all the stuff going on at our club at the moment I've lost touch with what's happening at other clubs, found a youtube clip which claims to show what he's said but I'm no lip reader, I'm sure the experts can work out whether or not he said it, if proven to be true then I agree with Roberts, the FA need to stand up and prove that they really want to kick racism out of of football by banning him for a long time. If it's just a fine or a simple ban for a game or two then it doesn't really slam home the message of kicking racism out of football.

But anyway, your comments have reminded me how much fun Father Ted is so I think I'll go watch that and forget about Rovers for a short time, it's sad that Father Ted himself is no longer with us, I'd quite happily have taken him as manager.

L:stening to Roberts this morning, his opinion and the way he brought it accross suggexts that Terry is known for this sort of thing and it comes as no surprise. Terry is saying he repeated an accusation from Ferdinand word for word and that is what id caught on camera.

Judge, Jury = GUILTY, Sentance 5 year BAN.

Reality, nothing.

Roberts made the point that the Euro's & World Cup will see much racism...

Looks like he says "blind" to me. Terry is such an odious individual that people are desperate to pin something on him, though.

I agree it looks to me that Terry said ''blind ****''. However the footage I saw intimated he was shouting at the Ref.

I've come across hairy, shaved, juicy and dry but never blind.

The FA's stance on this is very strange - basically if Anton Ferdinand doesnt complain then they will not investigate.

Seeing as its being discussed openly in the media, do they not have a moral & ethical responsibility to investigate anyway? If they dont they will be accused of covering it up anyway.

I havent seen the video evidence, but would say that if proven guilty he should never play for England again.

L:stening to Roberts this morning, his opinion and the way he brought it accross suggexts that Terry is known for this sort of thing and it comes as no surprise. Terry is saying he repeated an accusation from Ferdinand word for word and that is what id caught on camera.

Judge, Jury = GUILTY, Sentance 5 year BAN.

Reality, nothing.

Roberts made the point that the Euro's & World Cup will see much racism...

Hell yeah, Eastern Europe is a hotbed for racist abuse in sport. Polish people are not often keen on Africans in many forms of work.

If I’m caught chanting racists songs or using racist comments in any football ground in the country I’m banned for 3yrs and have my passport taken away when England play. I’ll also probably lose my job and basically have my life turned upside down.

If Terry is found to be guilty of the same, the same should be afforded to him, he should be banned from playing football in this country and be sacked simple as that.

The football authorities have been hiding from this topic for years, look at the Evra stuff, they have no idea how to deal with it so try to hide it. I’m convinced Evra hasn’t made this stuff up, his body language spoken volumes IMO, so Suarez should be sacked and banned also if found guilty, but don’t reply on the football association to act anytime soon.

• Backroom

The football authorities have been hiding from this topic for years, look at the Evra stuff, they have no idea how to deal with it so try to hide it. I’m convinced Evra hasn’t made this stuff up, his body language spoken volumes IMO, so Suarez should be sacked and banned also if found guilty, but don’t reply on the football association to act anytime soon.

Yep, the way they've handled the Evra situation is absolutely disgraceful IMO. Further proof, as if needed, that the "kick it out" campaign is for the most part just lip service.

Evra has previous. He used the race card before and the FA found no proof.

What exactly do you want the FA to do about it? It's Suarez's word against Evra's, and if there's no witnesses or visual evidence, then Suarez is innocent till proven guilty.

Also, what if Evra was proven to be a liar? Should he be banned for slander?

Evra has previous. He used the race card before and the FA found no proof.

What exactly do you want the FA to do about it? It's Suarez's word against Evra's, and if there's no witnesses or visual evidence, then Suarez is innocent till proven guilty.

Also, what if Evra was proven to be a liar? Should he be banned for slander?

Yes. And extreme unsportsmanlike conduct.

Archived