BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 4 8 15 16 23 42

• Backroom

I enjoyed seeing Artz (in one piece) and Frogurt in the pilot for this series.

Still hoping Eko pops up somewhere but its doubtful.

Anyone hazard a guess as to why Shannon wasn't on the plane or do we think its just down to the actress not being around to film it

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone hazard a guess as to why Shannon wasn't on the plane or do we think its just down to the actress not being around to film it

It's down to the actress turning down the chance to return. I've forgotten where I read that, but I definitely did.

• Backroom

Decent tonight but not amazing. I liked alternate off Island Jack but island Jack annoys me so much as a character. Hurley is awesome though.

Jacks parents house at 23 degrees lends more weight to the fact that Shephard is actually in reference to Christian Shephard

Nice to see Adam and Eve again.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone still watching this?

Yep. Hoping it's not all going to turn out to be someone's dream like Dallas. ;)

If it does I will be claiming on my home insurance for a new television - as my current one will have something like my laptop embedded in it.

Yes, still watching.

I have to wonder if Ben's decision to go back to the Losties is the turning point for Bad Locke. It was good to see him off the island actually do the right thing for someone else for once.

Friday was a cracking episode. Still not sure exactly why Richard doesn't age but I did get the feeling that this is a very biblical storyline - as has been eluded to earlier. Was it Job in the Bible who was being pathetic about God not caring about him and his life not being worth living? That's what Richard reminded me of in that dynamite scene with Jack. The narrative part on this wiki link seems reminiscent. Also, is Jacob revealing himself to certain people after his death? Rather Jesus-like.

Or Garden of Eden anyone?

Deep.

Hurley: "If you change your mind I'll be about a mile away!" Priceless.

• Backroom

Just watched Fridays episode, damn Micahel Emmerson who plays Ben was on fire, that 'He's the only one that will have me' line and him standing neglected on the beach at the end were acted perfectly.

He's easily one of the best characters in TV history imo.

Yep. Hoping it's not all going to turn out to be someone's dream like Dallas. ;)

If it does I will be claiming on my home insurance for a new television - as my current one will have something like my laptop embedded in it.

Around season 3 the producers said that it wasn't all a dream, nor did everyone die in the crash and it's purgatory / everyone's personal hell.

.... Which I'm bloody thankful for.

Yes, still watching.

I have to wonder if Ben's decision to go back to the Losties is the turning point for Bad Locke. It was good to see him off the island actually do the right thing for someone else for once.

Friday was a cracking episode. Still not sure exactly why Richard doesn't age but I did get the feeling that this is a very biblical storyline - as has been eluded to earlier. Was it Job in the Bible who was being pathetic about God not caring about him and his life not being worth living? That's what Richard reminded me of in that dynamite scene with Jack. The narrative part on this wiki link seems reminiscent. Also, is Jacob revealing himself to certain people after his death? Rather Jesus-like.

Or Garden of Eden anyone?

Deep.

Hurley: "If you change your mind I'll be about a mile away!" Priceless.

They do seem to be laying on the biblical references really thick this season.

Just watched Fridays episode, damn Micahel Emmerson who plays Ben was on fire, that 'He's the only one that will have me' line and him standing neglected on the beach at the end were acted perfectly.

He's easily one of the best characters in TV history imo.

Ben is without doubt the single greatest character in Lost.

Belting episode last night ! Although I did spend the first half thinking "no, not THIS, this promised us THIS wasn't true" ... but thankfully it isn't/probably isn't/might not be.

(Intentionally kept vague for those who have Sky+d it.)

The question is, the last bit of what hurley said, did it really come from Angelina (or whatever Richard's missus was called), they seemed to make a very strong point of NOT showing her at this point, so it could be from Jacob, Hurley himself, Dave, MIB/Flocke, anyone .

Belting episode last night ! Although I did spend the first half thinking "no, not THIS, this promised us THIS wasn't true" ... but thankfully it isn't/probably isn't/might not be.

(Intentionally kept vague for those who have Sky+d it.)

The question is, the last bit of what hurley said, did it really come from Angelina (or whatever Richard's missus was called), they seemed to make a very strong point of NOT showing her at this point, so it could be from Jacob, Hurley himself, Dave, MIB/Flocke, anyone .

Agreed it was an excellent episode. Last night, only strengthened a theory I have towards Jacob and MIB. And there apparent demi-god status.

It was also a nice way to tie up Richards storyline and acts as pre-curser for what is to come for the character.

I agree it was a good episode. Not as good as the one a couple of weeks back. But I was impressed with Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert). He really gave some dept to Richard/Ricardo.

Hurley could yet be the linch-pin to this whole series...

Anybody else got the "Richard is just like Jesus" vibe when Jacob was first initiating him/giving him eternal life?

Question though: at the beginning of this season (or end of last), Jacob and MIB were on the beach and they saw what looked like the Black Rock close to the island and they said something like "he's coming". At that point it was a beautiful sunny day.

Yet, last night's episode showed the Black Rock arriving at night in a thunder storm.

Did it take that long to get ashore? Or was it just a continuity error?

Hurley could yet be the linch-pin to this whole series...

I agree, I think Hurley will be the new "messenger" (i.e. Richards Job)

Anybody else got the "Richard is just like Jesus" vibe when Jacob was first initiating him/giving him eternal life?

Dunked under the water three times and the granted eternal life ? Sold for a handful of coins (30 pieces of silver) and resisted Temptation. It wasn't 'Lost'on me ;)

• Backroom

Superb episode, Jacob is awesome but I still see him as Rita's husband from Dexter.

I hope we get a name for MIB soon.

Sad to think the series is coming to a close. I hope for a Lost: the school years spinoff with Artz, Locke and Linus though :lol:

Welcome back Desmond!

I was trying to remember where he went? It didn't look like the same Desmond who vanished from the flight that didn't crash! (if that's not a stupid statement).

So where has the mk1 Desmond been?

I was trying to remember that too. He looked barely conscious when he came out the submarine.

Why is Desmond "the package"?

because he's well endowed... :lol:

Seriously I definitley think it's got something to do with the time travelling thing again, if I remember correctly Desmond was the constant betweent the two different periods of times last time for Daniel Faraday. I'm guessing maybe he's the link between the losties on the island timeline and the losties in the normal timeline (he was on the plane and then apreared to disappear remember).

I also seem to recall a brief clip of Sun meeting with Widmore in London I think it was, this has got to have some significance somewhere surely.

Surely Sun let Widmore know what plane they where going on, so he could find the Island again?

As for the MIB, I guess he's some sort of fallen angel like Beelzebub, since its so religiously based. I am loving the way that the shows changed completely from always posing more questions week in week out, to finally giving answers. I do wonder how they will kill/trap MIB, perhaps Jackob will finish him off in a fight scene once he's figured out he's "The One"?

I just want to know if we have two separate timelines now (with the "what would have happened" flashbacks), or have the actions of the end of season 5 caused everything to change outside of the Island but not on the Island itself? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Does anyone know if there will be a annoying mid-season break?

Jackob will finish him off in a fight scene once he's figured out he's "The One"?

I'm still thinking Jacob might to be dead. Ben supplied the fatal stab wound, but he was still technically alive (if fatally wounded) when Flocke/Mib kicked him into the fire. I'd execting a "fooled ya ! I needed you to think I was dead" twist soon.

Does anyone know if there will be a annoying mid-season break?

Given the way the ratings systems and sweeps week works in the states, I'd be amazed if they wasn't. We sometimes don't see the gap in the UK because they intentionally start them late so we catch them up, but given we're only about 3 days behind lost in the US, I expect a break.

I'm still thinking Jacob might to be dead. Ben supplied the fatal stab wound, but he was still technically alive (if fatally wounded) when Flocke/Mib kicked him into the fire. I'd execting a "fooled ya ! I needed you to think I was dead" twist soon.

Given the way the ratings systems and sweeps week works in the states, I'd be amazed if they wasn't. We sometimes don't see the gap in the UK because they intentionally start them late so we catch them up, but given we're only about 3 days behind lost in the US, I expect a break.

Nope - usually in the US, a series (23 or so episodes) gets played from September through April/May. Lost and 24 have both been starting in January for the past couple of years so they can play the entire series without a break.

For some unknown reason, I keep getting the feeling that Jacob is the bad guy and the MiB is the good guy but the tv show is obviously making out that Jacob is the good guy. Maybe I'm just assuming that there will be a twist which will just smack everyone in the face at the end.

Archived