BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 4 8 15 16 23 42

Don't know if we have any "Losties" on here but the final season (6) charting the survivors of Oceanic flight 815, starts next Friday (5th Feb) at 9pm, with a special documentary type programme on the hour before it.

They are also showing the final episode from season 5 at 3.30pm - if anyone needs a reminder.

Forget about the time-travel scenarios, it's all got very deep now with two characters Jacob and Esau, separate to the main plot, who seem to be some kinds of demigods messing with time and space.

It all went a bit odd around about season 3 but I'm glad I stuck with it. I seem to remember there being a cataclysmic bomb going off at the end of season 5. Here's hoping all of those questions get answered - especially the significance of the numbers. But I doubt it somehow!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had absolutely no idea where the show was going after the first season. Once it became a hit they stretched it out so they could syndicate it. As a result it's become absolute garbage. The first season was actually very good, since then it's been in free fall.

They had absolutely no idea where the show was going after the first season. Once it became a hit they stretched it out so they could syndicate it. As a result it's become absolute garbage. The first season was actually very good, since then it's been in free fall.

My thoughts exactly. Turned it off halfway through series 2 and not watched it since.

Thanks for the Flash forward date; 18th March.

I never watched Lost. I watched the first three series of Heroes but it's become stale. I'm recording all the new episodes but I may delete the lot because of lack of time and inspiration to watch it.

My thoughts exactly. Turned it off halfway through series 2 and not watched it since.

I wouldn't bother trying now Mellster. But you've missed a good series.

Always amuses me when people say that something is rubbish or garbage when they haven't watched the whole thing.

It has certainly picked up in more recent seasons. You do need to keep up though, it's easy to get lost. :blush:

Always amuses me when people say that something is rubbish or garbage when they haven't watched the whole thing.

It has certainly picked up in more recent seasons. You do need to keep up though, it's easy to get lost. :blush:

Maybe I'll pick up where I left off then.....but i'll hold you responsible if it's still ######.

Why would someone need to watch all of a show to know if it's rubbish or not?

As for Flashforward. Don't get me started. I only made it to episode 3.

I see where you are coming from there Exiled but its not entirely true. Yes the broadcaster ABC thought they had a winner so they wanted to stretch it out where as the writers always knew where they wanted to take the show. Part way through season 3 (after there were some really bad episodes) they convinced ABC to set an end date so that the fans would know that there was going to be a conclusion to the series and that they knew exactly where it was going and wanted to take it. The latter part of season 3 and seasons 4 and 5 saw the show get back to its best (but that's just my opinion) and I for one can't wait for the conclusion to unfold. The writers have said that no plot lines will be left unanswered. I just hope they fulfill that promise!

• Backroom

Booooo no Mr Eko, great eps though

I hope the alternate reality doesn't end up being the real ending. Poor Locke seemed so helpless and upset.

I guess we're in parallel universe territory now...

Exactly what I said to my pal when watching. Mind blowing stuff and it was really hard to grasp what was going on.

So the island's kinda underwater in the alternate timezone?! And Juliet said that "it worked" :wacko: .

Can't wait to see how it plays out..is it Friday yet? Lol.

My guess is that Juliet was flashing between two different times (much like Desmond did), i.e. the current one with the Losties on the island and some other unknown one (one in the parallel universe or sometime in the future in the current one, hence why Miles confirmed she was saying "It Worked"). This would add up as when they were trying to rescue her she stopped calling for a period of time and they all wondered why.

The parallel universe concept does look to be the most likely explaination as to why they are off the island in one part of the show and on the island in another. I don't really like this concept to be fair I'm edging more towards once their plane lands the losties somehow all come together again and they find their way to the island again. Remember there's a four or three year gap between the timeline of the apparent parallel universes so that theory is still possible. As for the island under water (dodgy CGI! and all) really confused me the most, I can only guess that the island got moved again and this time it ended up underwate, i'm sure we'll find out in due course.

Good assessment grizfoot. I agree about Juliet moving between the two worlds and I think Desmond still is. I reckon he was lying to Jack when he said he didn't know him.

Anyone else think that Jacob could still turn out to be the bad one?

Good assessment grizfoot. I agree about Juliet moving between the two worlds and I think Desmond still is. I reckon he was lying to Jack when he said he didn't know him.

Anyone else think that Jacob could still turn out to be the bad one?

Anyone also notice how Desmond dissapeared from the plane when Jack retook his seat after helping Charlie? That would add even more weight to the moving between different times/worlds.

IMO Jisty, and I read this somewhere online so can't claim it, Jacob has now taken the form of Sayid. I think this will be confirmed in the near future and would make sense given his nemesis did this but with Locke.

Whether he's the bad one I haven't a clue.

RM: Regarding Jack I'm really not sure. Some are saying that it appears intentional, others that it's just a coincidence. He certainly seemed like he didn't recognise himself in the plane toilet.

Archived