BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke Vs Rovers

We do have a sports psychologist and have had for some time under Sam.

His name is Jamil Qureshi and he works with the Ryder Cup team at golf.

Just glad we are playing at home this year cos if we were playing away from home in the USA... then we would get a right spanking! :rolleyes:

ok,so that's him,Rothschilds and Grella robbing us then :lol:

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fans have been crying out for two strikers and that's what we got. He didn't name Andrews or Diouf in the starting XI, again what the fans wanted. Who would you have selected? It's all well and good saying he got it wrong, but why not name the team you would have picked.

I was there and it was awful I'm not denying that but the ref was a one sided @#/?. I'm not using this as an excuse because we had our chances, Di Santo's miss pfft I could have scored that ;)

You were at the game yet you didn't even realise Di Santo wasn't playing up front? How strange.

You were at the game yet you didn't even realise Di Santo wasn't playing up front? How strange.

Oh yeah, how strange that you haven't read what I wrote,

"The fans have been crying out for two strikers and that's what we got."

Di Santo is a striker and Kalinic is a striker, which means the fans got what they wanted - two strikers on. Whether they played up front together is another matter but that's not what I said, two strikers were on the field of play, right?

Awful. I and many other let Sam know what we thought of today as he walked down the tunnel.

Absolute garbage. They're crap but I'm worried out inept away performances could creep in at Scumley. We're that fragile.

Di Santo is a striker and Kalinic is a striker, which means the fans got what they wanted - two strikers on. Whether they played up front together is another matter but that's not what I said, two strikers were on the field of play, right?

Good try at a save, but you're clearly implying we played two up front (which is the ACTUAL criticism towards Sam) which didn't happen today.

oh no! not this nonsense again!

How many were playing *up front* today?

Good try at a save, but you're clearly implying we played two up front (which is the ACTUAL criticism towards Sam) which didn't happened today.

No I'm not, how am I implying that? The fans wanted two strikers, Kalinic is a striker, Di Santo a striker which = two strikers. All I'm saying is we had two strikers on, I'm not implying anything else.

oh no! not this nonsense again!

How many were playing *up front* today?

How many strikers were playing today?

No I'm not, how am I implying that? The fans wanted two strikers, Kalinic is a striker, Di Santo a striker which = two strikers. All I'm saying is we had two strikers on, I'm not implying anything else.

How many strikers were playing today?

Yes, but people expect STRIKERS to play as STRIKERS. Who cares if they're a striker by trade when they're shoved in midfield?

Yes, but people expect STRIKERS to play as STRIKERS. Who cares if they're a striker by trade when they're shoved in midfield?

Exactly. I don't know what he's talking about. Fans have been calling for 4-4-2, not two strikers regardless of what position they're playing.

Yeah, but I think when most Rovers fans were clamouring for two strikers to be played, it was for them to be played up front. That's why people have been chanting 4-4-2. that want two players playing *as* strikers. If di Santo had played as a second right back, that wouldn't have been as attacking as him joining Kalinic up front, yes?

If you can't see that I'll give up now.

I know that :) The fans did want two strikers and that's what we got, I've already said whether they played together is another matter.

Exactly. I don't know what he's talking about. Fans have been calling for 4-4-2, not two strikers regardless of what position they're playing.

At the Wigan game, the fans were singing we want two strikers on and I'm a women not a man ;)

I know that :) The fans did want two strikers and that's what we got, I've already said whether they played together is another matter.

At the Wigan game, the fans were singing we want two strikers on and I'm a women not a man ;)

Ridiculous. They want two strikers playing as strikers. That's why they chant 4-4-2. I don't think it's wrong to suggest fans wanting two strikers on the pitch to expect them to play in their own position.

Ridiculous. They want two strikers playing as strikers. That's why they chant 4-4-2. I don't think it's wrong to suggest fans wanting two strikers on the pitch to expect them to play in their own position.

I gathered that. Two strikers were on but like everyone has pointed out they played out of position.

I gathered that. Two strikers were on but like everyone has pointed out they played out of position.

So did the fans get what they wanted then? No.

Yet you said:

"The fans have been crying out for two strikers and that's what we got. He didn't name Andrews or Diouf in the starting XI, again what the fans wanted."

Which doesn't make any sense at all, because the fans *didn't* get what they wanted.

Went to the game and saw one of the most inept rovers performances I've ever seen. It's hard to state constructive criticism because so much was wrong. All over the pitch we weren't at the races, nor did any of our players play well.

Stoke seemed to start the brighter and put on the pressure early on with a few corners and throws - which rovers duely capitulated to early on. After that neither team played well. Rovers had a series of corners which were uncomfortable for stoke but didn't create much, as well as the only decent footballing move of the game, when di santo had a good chance with a header. The stoke got an undeserved second just before the break, not that we deserved anything with the way we were playing, but 2-0 was flattering as stoke didn't look all that dangerous.

I thought that was the knock out punch - 2-0 looked a mountain to climb and we were creating absolutely nothing. However, I consoled myself with the thought we play much better in the second half, and Stoke didn't look any great shakes. If we came out all guns blazing we could perhaps get something from the game.

We didn't. Second half started with the same aimless balls hoofed forward, giving away possession sloppily and a general lack of urgency. If we'd have still been playing we wouldn't have scored. Samba confirmed it with a needless second yellow - a bit harsh imo, a lot stupid already on a yellow. After that Stoke utterly dominated and looked rather dangerous. Thankfully it was only three in the end.

To be honest I'm struggling to recall a more uninspiring performance from rovers. Even wigan away last season - wigan played well. Rovers were dire and let a none too convincing stoke side walk away with three points.

The only positives were the pre-match pie - which was suprisingly good - and reid looked busy. Other than that a very depressing day.

The next 2 games are EXTREMELY important now.

We are completey useless and pathetic away from home and have plenty of tough home games to come.

4 points is vital from the next 2 games, coz I can't see us getting many more.

I can see 35 pts staying up this season, just as well because I don't think we'll get many more than that, unless we win the next 2.

That's why people are annoyed.

Just looking on Sky Sports Score Centre, Di Santo was supposedly playing wide right, what? I didn't see him on the wing, the only thing I saw him do was miss that sitter, he did bugger all else, Kalinic wasn't up front either, I duno where he disappeared to. I think the whole team looked a bit lost. It didn't seem like we had 5 in midfield, maybe Sam wanted to stretch play, instead gaps appeared in the centre. Now I know he was supposedly playing wide right, it reminds me of when Ince used to play Derbyshire there but in a way that worked, this clearly didn't.

Deffo another ROvers fan that did it, it went off in the concourse at half time, bottles flying everywhere too.

If there was no proper segregation, then stoke will get the blame. At the sametime if people behaved properly there would not be the need for any club to provide segregation for rival supporters.

Anyway the fan was not killed, but is in a serious condition. I know something if a bin flew around at the wigan game more than one person would have been hurt there. The concourse at wigan is a disgrace, especially at half time - do not know what it is like at stoke.

So did the fans get what they wanted then? No.

Yet you said:

"The fans have been crying out for two strikers and that's what we got. He didn't name Andrews or Diouf in the starting XI, again what the fans wanted."

Which doesn't make any sense at all, because the fans *didn't* get what they wanted.

I'm just repeating myself now, two strikers were on albeit playing out of position. The fans were singing against Wigan, we want two strikers on

If you take it quite literally you'll understand what I'm about. I was at the game and no fans were singing we want two strikers today because we had two strikers on. Funny how I didn't hear any 442 chants either, just boos when Di Santo was replaced by Andrews.

A lot of teams have moved from 442 these days. Though during games they do revert back to it. Anyway if the players do not like it and can see it is not working, whatever the formation, then they should adapt and change the formation themselves during the game. No formation is static.

A lot of teams have moved from 442 these days. Though during games they do revert back to it. Anyway if the players do not like it and can see it is not working, whatever the formation, then they should adapt and change the formation themselves during the game. No formation is static.

Good point PAFELL, Diouf stated on the Rovers website

"The gaffer has changed the way we play" "We now play 4-3-3 and when we don't have the ball we play 4-5-1."

Whatever that means ;)

Archived