BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke Vs Rovers

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players look clueless, tactics are pathetic and Sam has drilled any creativity we ever had out of the players.

This season doesnt worry me as there are so many bad teams but next season we will really be in the mire.

I can remember one match this season where we actually looked good and worthwile of our win and that was against Chelsea, hand on heart I dont think Sam is ever going to win here at rovers, players dont want to play like this, fans dont want to see it and a to make matters worse so many people didnt want him in the first place.

I think there will more than player comings and goings in the summer if not they wont be able to give season tickets away.

How did he die?

What happened? Who threw a bin and where from?

Players look clueless, tactics are pathetic and Sam has drilled any creativity we ever had out of the players.

This season doesnt worry me as there are so many bad teams but next season we will really be in the mire.

I can remember one match this season where we actually looked good and worthwile of our win and that was against Chelsea, hand on heart I dont think Sam is ever going to win here at rovers, players dont want to play like this, fans dont want to see it and a to make matters worse so many people didnt want him in the first place.

I think there will more than player comings and goings in the summer if not they wont be able to give season tickets away.

We did well at Bolton.....

:)

nightmare game to watch.

the bad:

emerton was soooooooooooo poor. how did he get into the team?

di santo - poor miss from like 5 yards, did nothing. 5million, not a chance

chimbonda - ugly hair, uglier game.

samba - silly with the tug back at fuller, should have know better since he's already on yellow. 1st yellow was undeserved though.

andrews - !@#$%&

givet - bad to worse

kalinic - no support at all from the midfield

the good:

robinson - a couple of brilliant saves

olsson - probably the only one who seems to try n get forward

reid - got a couple of minutes under his belt.

Well..that was just awful.

I see everyone's happy to blame Allardyce for the whole thing, and it's true that we do play some poor football, but how about giving a bit of blame to the players as well? I'm pretty sure the manager hasn't told them to lose every key challenge in the box and to miss free headers in front of goal.

The fact that hardly anyone tries to take the ball down and picking out a pass doesn't actually help either. Every kick upfield is a volleyed clearance, and how's that gonna hit anyone of our own? There are lots of times that defenders have all the time in the world to take it down before dispensing it. It can't be that they're told to kick it before having it under control every time.

It was nice to see Reid actually trying to play the ball a little when he came on. Too bad none of the others understood what he was doing.

Hopefully Reid can get a start next time.

Hope it doesn't get any worse than this. At least we don't have to play Stoke every week. Our players aren't strong enough to play a team based on physical appearance. At least they don't look it.

what is it with people on this bloody forum, this place was happier than its been a long time recently, then we have a bad game and the sam out retards are out in force again. thats whats pathetic!

okay ill admit it was a very poor performance but surely the time to get on his back is when we have had a run without any wins.

Two ways of looking at it dazmaz.

We had two flukey wins, and lots of people suddenly were filled with blind, misguided optimism and saying that Sam was the future of English football.

The realists amongst realised that the 2 wins were just a blip - normal service resumed today! :unsure:

Girlfriend is at the game, it's true apparently, they had the defibrillator on him, but to no avail she said :(

that really is sad news. seems Rovers away support really has gone up the sh!tter.

I dont get it? How come no one at the game was aware of it? The fans were happy and laughing (ours even) relatively speaking even when we were down 3-0.

They are aware of it, spoke to my mate who's there and they had to wait behind after the game too.

Girlfriend is at the game, it's true apparently, they had the defibrillator on him, but to no avail she said :(

Yeah, my mate texted - said a bin was being thrown around and hit him? Sounds from that like he was killed albeit accidentally by our own fans? I hope not - puts football into perspective ....

So did we create one decent chance other than Di Santo's header?

When you mention it...not really. Well, Samba had a header cleared off the line on one of the 6 corners we had in a row in the first half, but that's about it. Stoke didn't actually create much either until we were 10 men, so it was a particularly poor game..

Well..that was just awful.

I see everyone's happy to blame Allardyce for the whole thing, and it's true that we do play some poor football, but how about giving a bit of blame to the players as well? I'm pretty sure the manager hasn't told them to lose every key challenge in the box and to miss free headers in front of goal.

The fact that hardly anyone tries to take the ball down and picking out a pass doesn't actually help either. Every kick upfield is a volleyed clearance, and how's that gonna hit anyone of our own? There are lots of times that defenders have all the time in the world to take it down before dispensing it. It can't be that they're told to kick it before having it under control every time.

It was nice to see Reid actually trying to play the ball a little when he came on. Too bad none of the others understood what he was doing.

Hopefully Reid can get a start next time.

Hope it doesn't get any worse than this. At least we don't have to play Stoke every week. Our players aren't strong enough to play a team based on physical appearance. At least they don't look it.

I can understand what you are saying but its the managers job to get the best out of the players this is just another in the long line of performances this season where the players really and truly look clueless.

I dont understand how we can say all our players arent good enough because they are, they just need the right tactics and a bit of belief installed into them.

It wouldnt surpise me if Sam blames the sending off as turning point! the game was lost way before then.

And I really hope that the stories about the fan arent true that would be a shocking incident.

I can understand what you are saying but its the managers job to get the best out of the players this is just another in the long line of performances this season where the players really and truly look clueless.

I dont understand how we can say all our players arent good enough because they are, they just need the right tactics and a bit of belief installed into them.

It wouldnt surpise me if Sam blames the sending off as turning point! the game was lost way before then.

And I really hope that the stories about the fan arent true that would be a shocking incident.

I'd like to think they are professionals and that they have learnt to trap a ball before. It's just the combination of basic skill and mindset I'm wondering about. We all know they CAN do it and it shouldn't take a manager to make them do it.

He really shouldn't blame the sending off. There was no way we'd ever score twice today, even if Stoke had gone down to 10..or 9 men..

4-4-2! 4-4-2! 4-4-2! :unsure:

Stick to what got us to tenth please Sam, especially away from home.

Luck? Whatever it was, it had nothing to do with managerial acumen.

We started 1 up front today (Niko) .... with Di Santo playing god knows where, but not up-front. At least not until the second half.

• Backroom

4-4-2! 4-4-2! 4-4-2! :unsure:

Stick to what got us to tenth please Sam, especially away from home.

Oh yes, Samba. Useless as per the last ten games. Needs dropping for Nelsen and Givet.

It was the same formation only Dunn was pulling a Dunn and we sold Benni.

4-4-2 would have maybe got us something from the game instead of playing people in weird positions

Archived