BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke Vs Rovers

Guest Kamy100

That was just a pathetic performance from Rovers, from start to finish we were poor. Credit to Stoke who were better than us for the majority of the match and took their chances well.

I think that people need to get over Sam getting sacked. It is not going to happen, the club looked at the situation in January and decided to stick with Sam. Also it would be a huge risk to change a manager at this late stage of the season.

The positives are that we are still 7 points clear of the relegation zone, teams do have a game in hand over us but with Hull and Bolton at home our next 2 games we should be looking to get 6 points from these games, IF we can do that then we would be virtually safe, as I said earlier, think that 36/37 points will be enough this season.

The big worry that I have is that we are light upfront. Niko has potential and Di Santo/Roberts don't look like that they can score on a regular basis, this is the one thing that could come back and haunt Rovers at the end of the season.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No goals for the past two games is a big concern yet again. We really do just have to pray that either Dunn or Basturk can keep fit and have a blinder because where else is the creativity gonna come from?

I still can't get my head around playing Franco off the front man. He's a target man ffs. Shocking management from Sam.

Been out most of the day away from news, got back home, onto generic football news website - saw three words Stoke Comfortable Win

Now I just don't care anymore.

I don't know as much as Sam about football, but then neither do the board, so I guess they have to look at business affecting stuff like crowd numbers, protests etc.

Don't actually care what responses/flames I might get here but clearly Sam cannot manage a modern football club, his tactics might have worked at some point in the past 10 years, but everyone knows about it now so it's time to try something new, or a least something generic that may work better.

We might not get free-flowing silky football, but where the hell has the work ethic gone? That doesn’t even require skill, just a desire to do well for the team/fans/club/management? I may have complained about the "bully boy" tag, but I always used to smile if it helped us grab points against a top half side.

In my very humble opinion Sam has to go at the end of the season, and we need to get in someone who can mix up his tactics, but also manage to work with only a few quid and a couple of backroom staff.

My question to the rest of you is could we do a Newcastle? Or will we sink without a trace?

The decent results that "saved" Sam last time were just odd results, we've not managed to get on any sort of a run all season.

I love this club, but it's embarrassing telling people I'm a fan right now....

(even more so considering what happened at the game today)

oh well, at least a good number of our members here won't be too bothered with this result. I mean if we should never hope to achieve anything more than 17th place, we need to be losing games like this.

Doesn't matter that we have a much, much better squad than Stoke, we should all just be extremely thankful that we ever dared win a game this season. Because 70 years ago we were in Division 2.

Right?

WRONG!! 70 years ago was 1940 and we were in the Wartime League (Northern Div) having ended the last pre-war season in 1939 as CHAMPIONS of the 2nd Div and being promoted to the 1st Div. So by right we would have been in the 1st Div if there had been such a thing at that time.

• Backroom

Have only seen the result having just got in from work, but from the txts I was receiving from a mate at the game it sounded like we were embarrassing. All I can really say is a feel genuinely sorry for any loyal fan following us away from home right now, because the team and the manager deserve no support at all on the road.

We'll do well to survive in the division this year. Anything else is a bonus.

Very poor performance. People should not kid themselves because there are 13 games left. After the upcoming three league games of which Dingles away wont be a walk in the park, we have a nightmare run of fixtures. We need 7 points at least from the 3 games.

Been saying this for a while - next few games will decided whether we go down this season or not.

As for todays match - poor performance - first half we were (on the balance of play) unlucky to be 2-0 down at half time. Having said that - missing sitters isn't bad luck, it is just bad play.

As for the quality of play - Stoke sounded as poor as us today - two very poor teams that show how dire the standard is in the Premiership these days.

This season has been a real roller coaster - a few good performances littered with abysmal performances. Just when you think we have turned the corner - we get another result like this. Though getting beat by Stoke at their place is no disgrace these days - I just wonder why we can't get more results away from home.

Samba out for another match - oh dear. We can only hope that one of Grella, Dunn or Basturk can play for rest of season and show a bit of form.

As for all the comments on here - talk about knee jerk reactions. Actually this has swung both ways - we win a couple of matches and we are suddenly world beaters - lose a match and Sam is the worst manager we have ever had. In truth the reality is somewhere inbetween - people need to chill a little

Been saying this for a while - next few games will decided whether we go down this season or not.

As for todays match - poor performance - first half we were (on the balance of play) unlucky to be 2-0 down at half time. Having said that - missing sitters isn't bad luck, it is just bad play.

As for the quality of play - Stoke sounded as poor as us today - two very poor teams that show how dire the standard is in the Premiership these days.

This season has been a real roller coaster - a few good performances littered with abysmal performances. Just when you think we have turned the corner - we get another result like this. Though getting beat by Stoke at their place is no disgrace these days - I just wonder why we can't get more results away from home.

Samba out for another match - oh dear. We can only hope that one of Grella, Dunn or Basturk can play for rest of season and show a bit of form.

As for all the comments on here - talk about knee jerk reactions. Actually this has swung both ways - we win a couple of matches and we are suddenly world beaters - lose a match and Sam is the worst manager we have ever had. In truth the reality is somewhere inbetween - people need to chill a little

A well balanced post, think we'll get much better with Dunn/Grella in the side.

A well balanced post, think we'll get much better with Dunn/Grella in the side.

Easy to say, but it rarely ever happens! How many times this season have we had them two play together?

On a side note, Jason Wilcox made the point today on BBC Radio Lancs, that the language barrier for Kalinic and Di Santo, is one of the main reasons why they get bullied around by defenders. Apparently, several times today they were being held on to and no free kicks for them, rather against them. Wilcox said that due to them not knowing the language they cannot go up to the referee and point out what is going on so he can keep a closer eye on them. Hence, several decisions going against them.

Anyone agree?

I will have to reserve judgement until I see the game on footy first but in anyone's book getting beat so badly should never happen and I have to say if DiSanto can't score a header from 6 yards out he needs driving back to West London as we need goalscorers now not people running round like headless chickens

Easy to say, but it rarely ever happens! How many times this season have we had them two play together?

On a side note, Jason Wilcox made the point today on BBC Radio Lancs, that the language barrier for Kalinic and Di Santo, is one of the main reasons why they get bullied around by defenders. Apparently, several times today they were being held on to and no free kicks for them, rather against them. Wilcox said that due to them not knowing the language they cannot go up to the referee and point out what is going on so he can keep a closer eye on them. Hence, several decisions going against them.

Anyone agree?

Should you really need to point out that for the refree?

I mean, he have eyes to see with too.

They should have played roberts with Kalinic in this match,poor balls all the time for the guy.

Yes, but a little word in his ear, and the referee will keep an eye on things. It may not work wonders, but it will make a slight difference.

Well thats true, but how do they do in the european cups?

I mean, this says more about the refs really....

but we cant blame the refs here really, our football is way to poor.

The away form is absolutely pathetic.For a manager with a reputation for using a scientific approach to match preparation you'd think he'd hire a psychologist to get it into the players heads that it's the same game as the one we're quite good at on home soil.

We do have a sports psychologist and have had for some time under Sam.

His name is Jamil Qureshi and he works with the Ryder Cup team at golf.

Just glad we are playing at home this year cos if we were playing away from home in the USA... then we would get a right spanking! :rolleyes:

We do have a sports psychologist and have had for some time under Sam.

His name is Jamil Qureshi and he works with the Ryder Cup team at golf.

i think I've found the problem.

"Alright lads, go out there, be positive, punt it down the fairway as far as you can ..."

i think I've found the problem.

"Alright lads, go out there, be positive, punt it down the fairway as far as you can ..."

I played in a competition this morning at my golf club and have invented a new game plan after watching the Rovers this last 12 months.

It's called HOOFGOLF! :D

This was supposed to be the game were we turned the corner. Were we put up a fight and the fans realised that the players and allardyce were now taking us up the league rather than down

Instead we got what we've been seeing all season.

Poor formation, wrong player selections, disinterested players and useless tactics.

EVERY away game this season has been the same. Our players dont show any fight and give up as soon as the first goal goes in. All bar one of our away gams this season has seen as concede one and then go onto concede 2/3/4/5 even. Theres a brief rally for 10 minutes like always but apart from that we look rudderless and about as threatening as a spoon.

To borrow a phrase for the Tories (argh!!) We can't go on like this. Sort it out Sam, away games ARE winnable not games to be treated as a worthless kickabout were we fanny about with tactic to see what will happen

If we don't have better 16-17 year olds on the books than di santo or andrews then we really should save money and bin the youth system, never an easy game kind of expected to lose but that was just dire, kalinic is more miss than hit and di santo is all miss. We are'nt a good enough team to carry the pair of them, 1 up and pack the midfield for the rest of the season for me.

wrong player selections

The fans have been crying out for two strikers and that's what we got. He didn't name Andrews or Diouf in the starting XI, again what the fans wanted. Who would you have selected? It's all well and good saying he got it wrong, but why not name the team you would have picked.

I was there and it was awful I'm not denying that but the ref was a one sided @#/?. I'm not using this as an excuse because we had our chances, Di Santo's miss pfft I could have scored that ;)

• Backroom
Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce:

"The first goal is disappointing because we know how dangerous Stoke are from set-pieces.

"Then the ref misses a handball by Dean Whitehead on the line - that's a crucial decision that's gone against us.

"They've put the ball in the net twice and when we've had the opportunity to do that we haven't done it."

Haha.

Archived