BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2010/11

BigUts

I do kinda agree with Preston Blue, I believe the value of a season ticket has been driven down. I know this will apply to others, I work shifts and miss a good number of games but the season ticket has always worked out the best for me. This season the majority of the games I have been to have been the lower category games which have tended to be part of the cheap deals so with all these deals that have been offered this season I would have defo been better off buying as and when I could go.

So in my case as you point out Hughesy - "7 games = the price of a season ticket which works for 19 games!!" would not be correct. Now I am in no way slagging the club off if we can get 30-40 of the 1000 attending on the free tickets to return regularly next season it would be a great success all I am saying is as the club have offered so many cheap deals this season they will probably lose me as a season ticket holder and I will just buy tickets for the 9-11 games a season I can attend.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do kinda agree with Preston Blue, I believe the value of a season ticket has been driven down. I know this will apply to others, I work shifts and miss a good number of games but the season ticket has always worked out the best for me. This season the majority of the games I have been to have been the lower category games which have tended to be part of the cheap deals so with all these deals that have been offered this season I would have defo been better off buying as and when I could go.

So in my case as you point out Hughesy - "7 games = the price of a season ticket which works for 19 games!!" would not be correct. Now I am in no way slagging the club off if we can get 30-40 of the 1000 attending on the free tickets to return regularly next season it would be a great success all I am saying is as the club have offered so many cheap deals this season they will probably lose me as a season ticket holder and I will just buy tickets for the 9-11 games a season I can attend.

That may have worked this season but the chances are that if you expect to get to 9 games next season that you will save money with a season ticket.

This all depends if you can attend all of the bundle matches of course. Not knowing your shifts (and not being inclined to even look at working it out), it is also equally possible that of the 3 for £30 bundle you could only attend 2 for example.

If you only get to 10 or so matches then I would expect match day prices to be cheaper overall, although once you then start throwing in booking fees of £1 per match and the like the difference starts to decrease. At many clubs it may only work out a few quid cheaper for a season ticket than individual matches so only prooves worthwhile if 19 are attended. The very fact that you might not save money at 11 or 12 matches just shows what amazing value our season tickets provide.

I will be renewing my season ticket next year in the blackburn end 100% and how any1 can say there not worth it is beyond me! great value for money -Look at the prices of Accrington stanley, PNE, Burnley.

What will it take for the club to do to get every1 on their side - I encourage all the current plays there are doing to fill Ewood!

Something inside is tellin me to go to the Darwen in but I cant cross over this year! But their chants are 99% positive and encourage the team where as bburn end as bit of negative and not enough support sumtime but I really cant change my seat - CAN I?

I will be renewing my season ticket next year in the blackburn end 100% and how any1 can say there not worth it is beyond me! great value for money -Look at the prices of Accrington stanley, PNE, Burnley.

What will it take for the club to do to get every1 on their side - I encourage all the current plays there are doing to fill Ewood!

Something inside is tellin me to go to the Darwen in but I cant cross over this year! But their chants are 99% positive and encourage the team where as bburn end as bit of negative and not enough support sumtime but I really cant change my seat - CAN I?

Course you can - just sort it at the ticket office ;)

Now I am in no way slagging the club off if we can get 30-40 of the 1000 attending on the free tickets to return regularly next season it would be a great success all I am saying is as the club have offered so many cheap deals this season they will probably lose me as a season ticket holder and I will just buy tickets for the 9-11 games a season I can attend.

Personal choice I suppose - but I think your daft if you dont renew.

To me the best way for all is the direct debit option - £21 a month....for that you can attend any league home game, if your available. Or you could decide to go to the Burnley game one month, and it will cost you £35 out of your pocket their and then. Spread the cost and you wont even notice it!

Il not argue - but the season ticket price is riduculous and anyone that doesnt buy is just missing a good deal. Burnley, United, City, Liverpool at home all cost £35 per ticket - £140 in total! Now for an extra £60 you can attend any of the other 15 games too! :rolleyes:

Other than get you a personal limo, pick you up & drop you off & give you free entry - there is very little else the club can do.

Now just compare our prices to those below and anyone can see why it makes sense to get a season ticket at ewood.

09/10 - Bury - £320

09/10 - Blackpool - £382.50

09/10 - Crewe - £285

Rovers - £200 - PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL!!! :excl:

with Rovers now giving away match tickets the ST is again being devalued. They think it is a great initiative but such marketting ploys will have a long term negative impact.

With so many offers around, constant date changes for matches which make it difficult to attend why bother getting a ST? And don't even get me on to the quality of the product (the product being football...if you can call it that!).

Sorry but ST for 2010/11....why bother?

If you're prepared to hang around and just wait for the cheap seats (none as good a deal as the season ticket) that you're perogative.

I have pride in being a season ticket holder ever since I used to go to the Rovers with my Dad and stand on the Nuttall St Enclosure. I will always have a season ticket no matter what the price because Rovers is my club and I am proud of that.

I don't look at it as devalueing the season ticket, I see it as good marketing to try to entice new fans to the club and build our fan base.

Personal choice I suppose - but I think your daft if you dont renew.

To me the best way for all is the direct debit option - £21 a month....for that you can attend any league home game, if your available. Or you could decide to go to the Burnley game one month, and it will cost you £35 out of your pocket their and then. Spread the cost and you wont even notice it!

Il not argue - but the season ticket price is riduculous and anyone that doesnt buy is just missing a good deal. Burnley, United, City, Liverpool at home all cost £35 per ticket - £140 in total! Now for an extra £60 you can attend any of the other 15 games too! :rolleyes:

Other than get you a personal limo, pick you up & drop you off & give you free entry - there is very little else the club can do.

Now just compare our prices to those below and anyone can see why it makes sense to get a season ticket at ewood.

09/10 - Bury - £320

09/10 - Blackpool - £382.50

09/10 - Crewe - £285

Rovers - £200 - PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL!!! :excl:

I can't believe how good value our season tickets are, yes there will be some instances were they are not good value for the person buying one but for most assuming you would goto on average one game a month the Direct Debit option is a real winner.

If prices went up Id sacrifice my sky subscription to compensate and any games I really wanted to desprately to watch I would in a good pub.

with Rovers now giving away match tickets the ST is again being devalued. They think it is a great initiative but such marketting ploys will have a long term negative impact.

With so many offers around, constant date changes for matches which make it difficult to attend why bother getting a ST? And don't even get me on to the quality of the product (the product being football...if you can call it that!).

Sorry but ST for 2010/11....why bother?

I agree about constant date changes - but to an extent that is outside Rovers control. Personally I would rather us have an additional £500k in the kitty for more televised matches, and have to rearrange than not.

As for ST being devalued - what are they supposed to do ? Long term they have to get more punters through the door - in these depressed times the only way to do this is by give aways and "specials". Can't believe that anyone can knock the club for their pricing intiative. Even with the special offers - the ST is still the best value in the football league - let alone Premiership.

I'm amazed that people are complaining about the season ticket, and about the recent fixture changes. The fixture changes have also been a positive - the club have been getting more money. Anyone who thinks all of the seasons games will be Saturday 3pm is very naive!

Archived