BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Youth

I cannot remember so many players either on the fringe or breaking into the first team since the like of Dunn and Co. some 10 years ago.

My knowledge of the ressies is very limited, mostly what has been posted on here or the official board.

Hypothetical of course but if we had to field an U21 side who and where would you play them, say in a cup game against a mid Championship side.

I'm a few missing due to lack of knowledge.

--------------- Feilding

???? ---Hanley ----Jones ---- Gunning????

---------------- N'Zonzi

---------- Judge ------ Linganzi

----Hoilett ------------------- Olsson

----------------Kalinic

Sam is boxing very clever with our young lads at the moment. Getting ahead of the game in terms of the new home grown rule. Blooding these kids now and going out of his way to praise them, build their confidence and create something of an aura around our youth set up is superb management. We seem to now have a public image of a team where youth is rewarded. This is entirely down to Big Sam. Cannot praise him enough for this. I know he cannot take the full credit for the level of talent we now have, as most were on the books already. But he has made efforts to promote the system to a wider audience. This will only help in attracting more young talent and encouraging what we already have. I cannot think of a previous regime which has put such emphasis on this side of the club. Excellent work.

Ramm at full back - he's next to make the step up from our current youth!

So we now are looking like this, anyone with any other suggestions.

Would you swap Dorran for Hoilett?, Judge is the only creator as far as I know, is it likely Gunning can make the grade?.

----------------- Feilding

- Ramm ---Hanley ----Jones ---- Gunning????

---------------- N'Zonzi

----------------Kalinic

Would you swap Dorran for Hoilett?, Judge is the only creator as far as I know, is it likely Gunning can make the grade?.

---------------- N'Zonzi

----------------Kalinic

I think Doran went backwards and will have his work cut out next season. Only went on-loan for a month and needs longer. Gunning looked good before last season but the month on-loan at John Barnes' Tranmere can't have done much for his confidence. Not looking likely for him now that Jones and Hanley have come through.

Does anyone know how Josh Lowe has done in the second half of this season?

Forgot about Lowe, would you say he should replace Judge.

Bantam, most reports I've read say he drifts in and out of games a lot, probably more out than in.

Has lots of ability has Banton but doesnt use it well, makes poor decisions at times!!

Is there not a reasonable lad called billington??? Left back wise.

Perhaps Hollowsr could shed some light.

I could do :P

Billington hasn't played much this season to be honest, only really played last few matches. He got better with the more games he played as he was making mistakes early on. Very good going forward but was getting caught at the back at times with poor decisions or being generally caught out.

I hope he can get a good run of games at start of next season to see how he fairs, will be interesting with Hugo Fernandez having just joined who is meant to be a Left Back also.

Maybe Hollowsr could put his team down as he probably watches these lads more than the rest of us.

Either way it's looking quite a strong side, the futures bright, the futures the blue and white U21's. :lol:

Putting me under pressure now!

Is it U21's we want then? It won't be any different to what has already been said. If we had to put one out now my team would be:

-------Fielding

Jones A O'Connor Hanley

Ramm------------------------Olsson

-----------Lowe

----Linganzi NZonzi

--------Junior Doran

Just a quick one, Kalinic is 22 so that's why he isn't included, Olsson is 22 on Monday also. I haven't seen much of Linganzi but had some good reports. Haven't included Gunning or people out on loan as haven't seen them at all.

Very small strike force I know.

I could do :P

Billington hasn't played much this season to be honest, only really played last few matches. He got better with the more games he played as he was making mistakes early on. Very good going forward but was getting caught at the back at times with poor decisions or being generally caught out.

I hope he can get a good run of games at start of next season to see how he fairs, will be interesting with Hugo Fernandez having just joined who is meant to be a Left Back also.

Putting me under pressure now!

Is it U21's we want then?

I think thats the general opinion and thanks for the input!

---------------- N'Zonzi

----------------Kalinic

- Ramm ---Hanley ----Jones ---- Olsson

---------------- N'Zonzi

---- Doran ------------------- Hoilett

----------------Kalinic

:)

It's pretty amazing though, we wouldn't have put many of those names down 12 months ago as serious first players, but most are now. Judge and Fielding probably don't have a long term future with us, but they're still decent Championship standard players.

- Ramm ---Hanley ----Jones ---- Olsson

---------------- N'Zonzi

---- Doran ------------------- Hoilett

----------------Kalinic

:)

It's pretty amazing though, we wouldn't have put many of those names down 12 months ago as serious first players, but most are now. Judge and Fielding probably don't have a long term future with us, but they're still decent Championship standard players.

Four of them were not here if you count Hoilett, so that makes it even more of an achievement, IMO 12 months ago you would probably only have considered Dorran and Judge as even having a chance, how that has changed. When you consider that all have had first team experience, except Ramm and Feilding it all bodes well for the next couple of seasons, with, what seems to be more additions by the week.

I never thought Sam would take this route, fair play to him

Is this a question or have you forgotten their name?

Ok, we can't omit Olsson and Kalinic so they go in as they where 21 when the Topic started.

O'Connor is a surprise on me, could he really be pushing for a spot soon.

Watched Lowe in the preseason game at Ewood, not heard much of him since.

Is there not a junior goal keeper who is also very highly thought of too? Besides Fielding I mean.

Jake Kean by any chance.

Remember these are players who could play 10/11 season if needed.

Ok, we can't omit Olsson and Kalinic so they go in as they where 21 when the Topic started.

Jake Kean by any chance.

Yes it was a question. I played golf with Robbo last week and he was saying how highly he rated a young keeper who he thought might make the grade, but I cannot remember his name. It was not Bunn or Fielding as he gave reasons why not.

All these youngsters coming through with potential can only be good for Rovers.

Jake Kean by any chance.

O'Connor isn't close to making a first team appearance but he is one of the better ones in the academy in my view. Capped for Ireland at youth levels also, unlike Hanley and Jones as he isn't that tall and isn't an organiser of the defence but he does read the game well.

Yes it was a question. I played golf with Robbo last week and he was saying how highly he rated a young keeper who he thought might make the grade, but I cannot remember his name. It was not Bunn or Fielding as he gave reasons why not.

All these youngsters coming through with potential can only be good for Rovers.

I would presume Robbo was talking about Matt Urwin?

Ayoung lad called Howarth didnt appear too bad and he went on loan to Rochdale, started out well there then dropped off the pace a little, any news on him??

Interestingly, Gallagher and Alex Bruce were playing for Leicester in the play offs, Eddie Nolan is at Wednesday, the line is so narrow for these lads to make it at Prem level, maybe we havent gone down this route before!!

Archived