BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2011

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta say though, 3 minute halfs are not really enough to give you a good assesment of the game.

Agreed - the time is so frustrating!

I like some of the small details like when a ball bounces it isnt as simple to control or head it now, and also the stuff like shots that dip in the air.

Like the new/ well old Penalty system too, and its now not as easy to just run forever with the ball.

• Backroom

Sorry hughesy I forgot I swap the controls, it be r1 and square or whatever your long pass button is. It's a nice new tool to have I think.

I'm finding it pretty hard to score in the demo most my games end 0 0!

Yes, the demo alone is much more trickier than fifa 10. The ping pong passing has all but been eliminated, and the difference in speed on and off the ball is so much more noticeable.

Definitely going to make players change their game plans, but decent players shouldn't have a problem adjusting.

The passing is better in some ways and worse in others. There is more control but the reaction times are so slow, makes quick breaking moves almost impossible.

The player speeds are all wrong too. I had Messi a good 10 yards clear of the last man and before I'd gone 5 paces Terry was level with him.

Really don't like the penalty system, I prefer the old one much more. I've saved about 80% of penalties against me by standing my ground, they either put it next to the keeper or spoon it over.

Lots of things to be changed if it's to be an improvement, or even an equal, to Fifa 10.

Received it through the post today. Its hard, solid to take players on, passing powering is different but getting used to it now. We have all the same faces and player models so dont expect any good likenesses. Also we have black lettering on the home shirt which is shocking attention to detail its got to be said.

Asda are selling Fifa 11 at £29.97 Or 97p if you trade in Dead Rising 2, Halo reach or F1 2010.

Sainsburys are selling it £25.00 if you spend £30.00 pound on other in store goods.

Morrisons and Tesco are both selling it around the £25.00 mark but if you buy another top 10 game.It's £39.00 otherwise.

As for people getting it early, If you have pre-orderd online from the likes of shopto,play.com you usually get them a day or 2 early.

And it's aleady out in america, japan.

Archived