BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2011

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it work with a USB drive as my dvd burner seems to be goosed?

Unfortunately, no, you can stream stuff from PC / MP3 player / USB stick etc. but cannot copy it to the HD. Seems silly but there is good reason - that being to make it very hard for people to hack the console. And before anyone says it; yes I know it can be hacked but that involves taking it to bits which voids the warranty and it is beyond the capabalities of the average punter.

RDU - You talking about PS3 or xbox? You can certainly copy from USB to PS3 hard-drive. Thats how iv done all my chants.

I was talking about Xbox, didn't know you could copy files from USB -> HD on PS3, it must have been hacked to death more often than a co-ed in a Friday the 13th movie by now.

I was talking about Xbox, didn't know you could copy files from USB -> HD on PS3, it must have been hacked to death more often than a co-ed in a Friday the 13th movie by now.

Nope, its standard functionality on a ps3. That's how I copied all my previous saves onto a new ps3 when I moved to the states and had to buy a region 1 ps3 for bluray.

But great line btw :lol:

no PC users?

This is the first I've actually purchased a FIFA game in a long while (though have played the previous versions, which mostly sucked)...and I have to say this is a good one, there is a lot of improvement. Though I'm not that good at it.

I went for the goalkeeper, Christ it's boring.

Yeah, Im a keeper and was really looking forward to it, I think my highlight was getting a freekick on the half way line and launching the ball into the box with Robbo!

Playing as Port Vale in League 2 on Legendary... hoping to reach the Premier League.

Not bought anybody as I switched all of my budget to 100% wages. Brought in lots of free transfers on 5 year deals as I can afford to pay their wages. This also means I have lots of assests within the squad who I didnt pay for.

I've also brought in some great loan players at League 2 standard. Just knocked Blackpool out of the cup and I'm now occupying 3rd spot in the league.

Full list of transfers:

RB C. Ribeiro AGE 20 OVR 66 VALUE £600,000 (Season Long Loan)

ST Z. Hines AGE 21 OVR 71 VALUE £1,600,000 (Season Long Loan)

GK T. Krul AGE 22 OVR 68 VALUE £300,000 (Season Long Loan)

RM A. Doran AGE 19 OVR 67 VALUE £600,000 (Season Long Loan)

ST A. Cutolo AGE 27 OVR 60 VALUE £600,000 (Free Transfer)

CDM J. Hable AGE 21 OVR 60 VALUE £600,000 (Free Transfer)

GK C. Camilli AGE 25 OVR 60 VALUE £400,000 (Free Transfer)

LM M. Lignani AGE 20 OVR 63 VALUE £800,000 (Free Transfer)

ST R. Arma AGE 25 OVR 64 VALUE £900,000 (Free Transfer)

CB F. Lebran AGE 23 OVR 63 VALUE £600,000 (Free Transfer)

CB R. Alcibiade AGE 20 OVR 61 VALUE £600,000 (Free Transfer)

CM S. Suciu AGE 20 OVR 61 VALUE £900,000 (Free Transfer)

CF M. Larrondo AGE 22 OVR 71 VALUE £1,800,000 (Free Transfer)

CAM D. Mounard AGE 29 OVR 64 VALUE £400,000 (Free Transfer)

CM D. De Vezze AGE 30 OVR 67 VALUE £300,000 (Free Transfer)

CB G. Carrieri AGE 22 OVR 64 VALUE £600,000 (Free Transfer)

Im trying out career manager mode with rovers...

..........Robinson

Hutton..Samba Nelsen Givet

........Nzonzi MGP

Diouf Malbranque Mancini

............Niko

Subs: Bunn, Jones, Olsson, Emo, Kezman, Dunn, Lukaku

2 wins 3 draws 1 loss so far.

Im trying out career manager mode with rovers...

..........Robinson

Hutton..Samba Nelsen Givet

........Nzonzi MGP

Diouf Malbranque Mancini

............Niko

Subs: Bunn, Jones, Olsson, Emo, Kezman, Dunn, Lukaku

2 wins 3 draws 1 loss so far.

Same here - got rid of Andrews, Grella, Nelsen, Roberts and a few others. Managed to bring in Arteta (cost a bomb but he's class) and Tuncay so I've got midfielders coming out of my ears. Playing a 4-1-4-1 and working out quite well - Played 6, Won 2, Drawn 3, Lost 1

Robbo

Salgado Samba Jones Olsson

NZonzi

Diouf Arteta Dunn Pedersen

Niko

Subs: Brown, Tuncay, Emo, M Diouf, Chimbo, Givet, Linganzi

Haven't got the hang of the game yet though in truth. It doesn't seem to pass to the right player.

I'm also finding it hard to score but purely because I don't create enough chances.

It seems like the defenders just knock you off the ball as soon as you run at their defence. Even if you are up against a weak defender and you're a strong striker, it seems like the only way past them is to do a skill move but I can't do those! :lol:

Anyone got any tips on how to err....win!

Anyone got any tips on how to err....win!

My advice would be to stay patient, keep moving the ball around in midfield. From left to right etc whilst always on the look out for a forward pass into space. Also, don't be affraid to shoot in situation you normally wouldnt as you never know... the keeper might fumble it. I always have high pressure on so i can win the ball back quickly (press down on the d pad then left).

Also take advantage of any corners you get. I have two mahoosive centre halfs who are chipping in almost every other game. In fact i was losing 2-1 to Plymouth and one of them scored two headers from corners in the second half. Scored some lovely goals too. Keep at it. It's worth it in the end.

How the hell do I get those chants, one site wants me to pay, and that EA one has every league bar English?

They are on mega upload I believe.

Or if u can be bothered find the song on YouTube, paste the YouTube link into dirpy.com and that will extract the mp3 for you.

Archived