BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jabulani

Stuart

My German conspiracy jesting went out of the window (or over the by-line) when I snatched about fifteen minutes of Germany v Serbia.

There were four crosses (three German one Serbian) whilst I was watching.

Three went out for throw ins on the opposite side of the pitch and one passed at least fifty feet over the crossbar.

One side effect of this World Cup is the players who were at it will be consistently under hitting their passes, crosses and shots when they come back to playing real football in the Premier League.

The few long distance shots that hit the target in this World Cup all look like they are placed and hit with 75% power.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18 minutes into Paraguay v Slovakia and the first cross or pass of more than 30 yards gets somewhere close to its target.

World Cup footballers haven't become so rubbish in just four short years surely?

The key point in that Seedorf piece was when he said you must not hit the ball hard!!!

Brilliant Paraguay stepover but the ball has zero traction on the turf to slow it down and it just goes out of play. This is the anti-football football.

One thing about this ball is how there seems to be an acceleration of the ball at the last moment.

When its in flight and you judge the speed of the ball over distance once you've programmed in your on details to catch it you then find it seems to speed up at the last moment can fully sympathise with the goalkeepers. Sorenson of Denmark was caught out by this in Denmarks last game when he finger tipped the ball onto the post.

The responibility of designing and implementing footballs at major international tournaments should be taken away from Adidas indefinitely after this massive cock up.

The thing is, why didn't anyone think in the 6 months before the World Cup to decide that it was no good? I presume that is why they gave it to everyone that early. Rather too late bitching about it when the finals have already started.

Hmm: "don't hit it hard"- Clarence Seedorf.

A small detail affecting performance?

We are talking world class athletes where fractions matter to performance- the difference between winning and losing.

Adidas have disappeared up their own product laboratory on this one and produced an absolute shocker. The ball is undoubtedly massively adversely affecting this World Cup as an exciting spectacle and devaluing performance.

Hmm: "don't hit it hard"- Clarence Seedorf.

A small detail affecting performance?

We are talking world class athletes where fractions matter to performance- the difference between winning and losing.

Adidas have disappeared up their own product laboratory on this one and produced an absolute shocker. The ball is undoubtedly massively adversely affecting this World Cup as an exciting spectacle and devaluing performance.

World class athletes should be able to adjust to the conditions, and at the end of the day the ball, that ball, the Jabulani, is equal for all who play with it.

You should publish your findings Phil. I'm sure the sports scientists at Loughborough University who designed the ball will be delighted to read your report.

Publish findings, Universities designing balls!!!

Bloody rubbish, we should should tell Fifa, Adidas and the universities, this is a game of football and to stop buggering around with the balls, christ, what next, why do we constantly change things which are not for the better?

Both FIFA and UEFA arer ruining the game with their claptrap ideas, just as Brussels is damaging Europe with its idiotic Laws and regulations!!

My report would be simple, the ball doesnt run or travel true, that should be enough for them to give me an answer!

You should publish your findings Phil. I'm sure the sports scientists at Loughborough University who designed the ball will be delighted to read your report.

"sports scientists at Loughborough University".

Obviously the finest brains there then!

They've royally screwed up, virtually every player agrees...the only ones I've heard defending it are sponsored by Adidas.

Look at Lampard's free kick that hit the bar yesterday, he had to strike it with such a weird technique; he hardly puts much power into it.

One thing about this ball is how there seems to be an acceleration of the ball at the last moment.

When its in flight and you judge the speed of the ball over distance once you've programmed in your on details to catch it you then find it seems to speed up at the last moment can fully sympathise with the goalkeepers. Sorenson of Denmark was caught out by this in Denmarks last game when he finger tipped the ball onto the post.

Was John Terry caught out by the extra acceleration of the ball for Germany's first goal ?

Publish findings, Universities designing balls!!!

Bloody rubbish, we should should tell Fifa, Adidas and the universities, this is a game of football and to stop buggering around with the balls, christ, what next, why do we constantly change things which are not for the better?

Both FIFA and UEFA arer ruining the game with their claptrap ideas, just as Brussels is damaging Europe with its idiotic Laws and regulations!!

My report would be simple, the ball doesnt run or travel true, that should be enough for them to give me an answer!

I say just bring back the pig's bladder and play the World Cup on Shrove's Tuesday....

They get the bladder and blowe it great and thin, with many beanes and peason put within, It ratleth, shineth and soundeth clere and fayre, While it is throwen and caste up in the eyre, Eche one contendeth and hath a great delite, with foote and hande the bladder for to smite, if it fall to the ground they lifte it up again... Overcometh the winter with driving the foote-ball.

Archived