BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Fleetwood

Lots of ex Accrington Stanley Players now at Fleetwood.inc old favs Craney & Cav Barry & Miles I believe..Think Ex Rover Alan Wright may be there in some role..No wonder they are on the up.

My mate went to see Lancaster City vs Fleetwood over the weekend and he sent me a text message saying that Alan Wright was the best player on the pitch by an absolute mile.

Just seen the teams, Fleetwood:

Robinson

Nzonzi

Jones

Andrews :angry2:

Olsson

Hoilett

Roberts

But playing at Southport:

Givet

Dunn

Salgado

Chimbonda

Perdersen

Linganzi

Just seen the teams, Fleetwood:

Robinson

Nzonzi

Jones

Andrews :angry2:

Olsson

Hoilett

Roberts

But playing at Southport:

Givet

Dunn

Salgado

Chimbonda

Perdersen

Linganzi

Somebody will probably be able to do the link with today's LT in which Andrews talks about the togetherness of the squad which will help us do even better than last saseon.

Went to Fleetwood. Last year we learned pre-season Nzonzi was a very promising buy. At Fleetwood we learnt not very much. Andrews was abysmal, Roberts non existant. Robinson did not have a save to make. Ollson was fast but loose and Hoillet was Hoilett. All running with no passing and no sense.

The two interesting points in this laid back friendly was the formation 3-5-2 (or 5-3-2) and the youngsters. Blackman was poor, very poor contributing little and squandering chances with I'll judged choices. Jones was outstanding as was the next centre half to roll of the production line Hanley(?). Jackson Ramm at RB was solid as was the third young centre half.

The highlight of the game for me was, once again, the performance of our younger players. Jones, Hanley and Gunning were excellent as the back. Young Jackson Ramm gave another promising display on the right of midfield while Olsson provided pace and threat on the opposite wing. Hoilett, as graham has said, looks dangerous when running at the opposition but his choice of pass leaves much to be desired. Hopefully this will come with experience. Nick Blackman works hard but his finishing is erratic. Having watched him on a regular basis for the Reserves I really can't see him progressing to Premier League football.

Once again the Rovers employed a 3-5-2 system. Today it worked well as Ramm and Olsson have pace on the wings and the three defenders who played today covered each other extremely well. It was good to see the Rovers adopt a passing style of football and the long ball was kept to the minimum. For a pre-season game I found it very enjoyable but it will be interesting to see if we mix seniors with young reserves against Preston and Huddersfield. I suspect that those games will provide a more difficult test for the younger players.

Archived