BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your Current Starting 11 For The Season.

Team for me as it stands:-

-------------------Kalinic

----Olsson------Dunn------Diouf

----------Pedersen---Nzonzi

Givet---Samba---Jones----Salgado

-----------------Robinson

As it stands we are basically really hoping that Pedersen can play a deeper role very well which personally I am a little hopeful about. He has a decent range of passing and good technique and covers a lot of ground. I can't see how he will be worse than Grella or Andrews.

Other hugely important area is striker. From reports I quite fancy our chances of getting Jelavic. If he comes in it does raise questions about how we will play. It seems unlikely that Niko would be dropped? But would Sam have the balls to go to two up front. Than said we have had some success with 532 last season?

-----------Jelavic----Kalinic

--------------------Dunn

---------Pedersen---Nzonzi

Olsson--------------------------Emerton

-------Givet----Samba---Jones

------------------Robinson

I like that side. Olsson and Emerton are excellent wing backs who can get forward, the central defence has nice balance, Dunn can drift, we have two strikers on the pitch, Main issue is teams picking us off down the flanks if they knew we were playing this regularly. Good to have options though.

Really worried about us goals wise if Dunn gets injured, which to be honest is like asking if Carmen Miranda will pick out a hat slathered with fruit in the morning.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

----------- Robinson ----------

Salgado Samba© Jones Givet

----------- Nzonzi -----------

Emerton -------------- Olssen

-------- Dunn --- Pedersen ----

----------- Kalinic -----------

subs: Brown, Jacobsen, Nelsen, Grella, Diouf, Roberts, Hoilett

That would be my team based purely on who we have right now. Obviously it would be great to think we'll have got rid of Grella, Chimbonda, Zurab & (please God!) Andrews, and used those freed-up wages to bring in another striker & a midfielder, which would probably drop Kalinic & Pedersen or Nzonzi to the bench.

Frustratingly I really do feel we are only a couple of good signings away from being a really strong team, it's just bringing in those sort of players on our current funds. The days when a close season was bolstered by the signing of a quality player such as Bellamy, Bentley, Cole or Santa Cruz already seem a distant dream!

Maybe we could introduce a revolutionary new 2-7-2-0 formation to the footballing world with 2 keepers............

Robinson Brown

Emerton Jones Hanley Samba Nelsen Givet Chimbonda

Grella Andrews

Plenty of defensive solidity there.

£10.00 says even playing like that Chimbonda still couldn't block crosses.

Robbo

Salgado Nelsen Jones Givet

N'zonzi Grella

Roberts Samba

Kalinic Hoillet

With 4 strikers the balls not coming back.

-------------Robinson---------------------

------Jones----Samba----Givet-------------

Salgado-----------------------------Olsson

---------------N'Zonzi--------------------

---------Dunn----------Pedersen-----------

--------Kalinic------Mystery Striker------

Subs- Brown, Nelsen, Chimbonda, Hanley, Andrews, Grella, Holliet, Diouf, Emerton, Roberts, Rigters.

3-5-2 will see us relegated.

In your opinion. You might want to tell that to Allardyce who's started virtually every pre-season game like that.

At home against the weaker or equivalent teams I hope we do employ 3-5-2 tbh.

As it stands we are basically really hoping that Pedersen can play a deeper role very well which personally I am a little hopeful about. He has a decent range of passing and good technique and covers a lot of ground. I can't see how he will be worse than Grella or Andrews.

He's not a central midfielder and never will be - can't tackle, won't tackle.

At home against the weaker or equivalent teams I hope we do employ 3-5-2 tbh.

Our home form was pretty decent last season, personally I would not change too much in terms of formation/tactics (unless we are losing etc or need to change things around).

Robinson

Givet

Nelsen

Samba

Salgado

Pedersen

Dunn

NZonzi

Emerton

Kalinic

Roberts (because theres no-one else)

Kalinic never looked like scoring on his own up front, and Roberts just never looks like scoring, but in the absence of new blood, coupled with a slightly irrational hatred of Diouf, I think its the best goal scoring option.

Robbo

Jones Samba Nelsen Givet

Hoilett NZonzi Pedersen Olsonn

Roberts Kalinic

I think playing Jones at right back could work really well for the defence as it would give us a really strong back line with Samba and Nelsen also in there, Givet too. Which would allow the more creative players (Pedersen, Hoilett) to break forward and help the front line (god knows they need it). Only reason I left Dunn out is that he isn't reliable enough to include imo.

--------------Robbo-------------

Salgado--Samba©--Jones--Givet-

-------------NZonzi-------------

Diouf-------Gamst--------Olsson-

-------------Dunn---------------

------------Kalinic-------------

If we sign a decent striker then it all changes....

Robinson

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet

Diouf N'Zonzi Pedersen Olsson

Kalinic Roberts

That's probably first choice, maybe Jones at right back if Salgado isn't cutting it. Dunn could be an option in for either Kalinic or Roberts and play off the striker, but I cant see him playing in a 2 man central midfield. Cant understand leaving Diouf out and I rate him, solid player for a team like us.

I think 3-5-2 is an absolute horror formation, the back 3 never seem comfortable and nobody seems to know where they are supposed to be. I think providing we bring in a striker or two, we have some great options for a 4-4-2 formation. Gamst can play left, Diouf at a push up front or left, Hoilett up front or wide right, etc.

Jones at right-back? The guy hasn't even had a full PL season in his best position and people want to shuffle him around? Notwithstanding the four right-backs we already have at the club.

Robinson

Anyone but Andrews----Anyone but Andrews----Anyone but Andrews----Anyone but Andrews

Anyone but Andrews----Anyone but Andrews----Anyone but Andrews----Anyone but Andrews----Anyone but Andrews

Kalinic

Jones at right-back? The guy hasn't even had a full PL season in his best position and people want to shuffle him around? Notwithstanding the four right-backs we already have at the club.

I was saying if Salgado wasn't on song. I think playing younger players in different positions actually makes them a better player. If he played right back it would give him more versatility, and more experience playing alongside Nelsen and Samba together.

I can't think of any defenders who have benefited from being played in different positions.

Jones doesn't have any qualities you need to be a modern full back. He'd look an incredibly limited player in that position.

We have Jacobsen on our books still, he's fresh from playing a decent World Cup, we have no need to gamble with our young talent.

Not saying it has to happen, but I don't think it would be a bad thing either. I'm sure Sam will nurture him in the right way, he's the expert right?

Anyway, I can see a lot of these line ups radically changing soon, with hopefully 2 new strikers and a new centre midfielder coming in.

4-4-2 *prays*

Archived