BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Mall Extention

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can make it has posh as you want but its still awash with scrotes and winos.as well shops not big enough to sell all the stuff there supposed to sell.

so were do yoo clasy peeple go then;

Never said I'm classy.your words not mine.are you denying that the mall has winoes and scrotes? I'm in town now and nearly got mowed down by skateboarders!

I'm surprised that a bloke of your standing and stature hasn't got a policy to deal with skateboarders. One quick flip of the foot and ooooooooooops. Sorry mate.

I went into Blackburn for the first time for a long time a couple of weeks ago and was fairly impressed. The big problem is that it is dominated by Primark. Having heard about that store I decided to have a look around and found the biggest load of tat I have ever seen in my life.

And that includes both the merchandise and the customers. Dreadful.

Just think, the new mall extension only cost £120m

How I know that? Well I used to work for the departmemt that funded it. There was another £90m for this tax year to do more removatios until the cuts

It's complete rubbish. Would probably last one wearing and fall apart in the washing machine. I suppose if you can stand the smell of tramp it might be OK. Perhaps I am a snob. In which case so be it.

One thing which makes the mall look shabby (already) is the flooring. It's that wax/plastic stuff which picks up scuff marks and dirt very quickly. I bet it's a beggar to clean. If they even clean it.

It smacks of a cheap finish designed to reduce cost but drags the image down.

Not sure, either, about the open pipes and what-not where the ceiling should be. That's going to be hard to keep clean.

Quite disappointed really, after all the talk of what a wonderful modern market it would be.

• Backroom

It's complete rubbish. Would probably last one wearing and fall apart in the washing machine. I suppose if you can stand the smell of tramp it might be OK. Perhaps I am a snob. In which case so be it.

I've had quite a few things and guess what none of them have fallen apart in the washing machine. The shop is perfectly fine for what it is.

Are they struggling, always seems like a shop for women going through the change, if that isn't traumatic enough to deal with up comes Dorothy Perkins. Maybe here in lies the problem.

As far as I am aware, the contract lease for the premises expired in September and due to a downturn in sales, through the economic crisis, they have decided not to renew the lease.

They also have a smaller section within BHS I am told, and this will continue to remain open.

As far as I am aware, the contract lease for the premises expired in September and due to a downturn in sales, through the economic crisis, they have decided not to renew the lease.

They also have a smaller section within BHS I am told, and this will continue to remain open.

BHS in Blackburn is definitely a surprise little store if you haven't been in for years.

They've certainly upped their game by following or going along the lines of the Debenhams model by having more individual retailers inside their Blackburn store.

So all wont be lost for the loyal customers of Dorothy Perkins by moving into BHS Blackburn.

Good !

ET is correct, you get what you pay for and sometimes cheap as chips is perfectly OK.

Al, 'smell of tramp', good grief. Where do you get your Farah's ? Greenwoods ?

Boundry Mill usually or M&S if I want something cheaper. Matalan isn't the best quality but it's a decade ahead of Primark. You get what you pay for in this world and Primark is the absolute pits. One below the charity shop.

Same question ewood spark as asked back in June.

Never said I'm classy.your words not mine.are you denying that the mall has winoes and scrotes? I'm in town now and nearly got mowed down by skateboarders!

Same question ewood spark as asked back in June.

Of course it does .... but you show me a town that doesn't.

I was in town on Saturday, and I reckon that is the busiest I have seen it in decades. The opening of the new market seems to have done the trick. Oh and guess what ... I had no incidents with 'skateboarders', 'Asian gangs', nuns on roller-skates or swarms of poggoing chavs ... strange that ... maybe some people just attract them ;) .

Have you actually bought anything from there to back that statement up? I've bought things from SuperDry (about £30+ for a t-shirt) that haven't lasted as long as some of my Primark stuff.

No way! Five minutes inside the store looking at the quality of the merchandise and worse still the quality of the customers was enough for one lifetime thank you very much. The absolute pits.

Archived