BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Mall Extention

The extension is a welcome improvement and all, but as parking is far too expensive, and Manchester is about half the price to park

Where can you park in Manchester centre for £1 for 2 hours on saturday?

I went into the market on saturday, much nicer market - im sure as it fills up over the next 3-4 weeks it will be a big improvement.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where can you park in Manchester centre for £1 for 2 hours on saturday? I CAN PARK FOR NOWT!! SOURCES ;):lol:

I went into the market on saturday, much nicer market - im sure as it fills up over the next 3-4 weeks it will be a big improvement.

The extension is a welcome improvement and all, but as parking is far too expensive, and Manchester is about half the price to park, and the Trafford Centre is free and both destinations aren't much further away for a lot of people in the area, that would be what I'd be looking at improving if I worked for the Mall!

Don't get this statement.

The mall car park is quite cheap never spend more than £2 on it, cheaper than any other town I've been to recently.

And If your that hard to pay £2 why would you then make a 60 mile round trip paying today's fuel prices.?

This lot do an excellent job with fruit, veg and cheese Tris. http://uktv.co.uk/fo...tlet/aid/621487

Yep, clocked your post back in January and have actually been there twice, when I've been working in Liverpool and driven back that way.

Unfortunately, shut both times. Hopefully third time lucky because I do actually 100% trust what you post about food!

• Backroom

I tend to park on Morrisons when going in town, only a quid and you get it back instore.

Plus it's easier from my way

Yep, clocked your post back in January and have actually been there twice, when I've been working in Liverpool and driven back that way.

Unfortunately, shut both times. Hopefully third time lucky because I do actually 100% trust what you post about food!

Wednesdays it's shut. I've been caught out once or twice with that too. Aggravating and the same with Spout Farm at Wheelton.

• Moderation Lead

It's £3 to park on Boddingtons/MEN for 24 hours in the centre of Manchester.....

It takes me about 20 minutes to get to Blackburn from where I live and just over 30 minutes to get to Manchester.

I based the parking costs on when I last went, as it was £7 all day on the main multi-storey.

Wednesdays it's shut. I've been caught out once or twice with that too. Aggravating and the same with Spout Farm at Wheelton.

Don't know about Paul's but Spout House has only ever opened Friday Saturday and Sunday.

Have you met Ben the lamb? He thinks he's a dog, abandoned found half dead in a puddle and then raised by the family.

Don't know about Paul's but Spout House has only ever opened Friday Saturday and Sunday.

Have you met Ben the lamb? He thinks he's a dog, abandoned found half dead in a puddle and then raised by the family.

A butchers pet lamb! Sounds like a dangerous occupation. :unsure:

Those fish stall on the new market are VERY expensive. One bloke when asked for his money said "Sorry?...You better put it back." He was asked for £13 for two pieces of fish! I checked the prices of a few items in Booths and Booths is cheaper!

• Backroom

Went on the new Market today it's decent but not great. Got a sandwhich from African hut and ate in the food court area, was quite nice.

Dorothy Perkins will be closing down in September. Good spot for a new shop to open. Next to River Island, Topman and Burtons.

Are they struggling, always seems like a shop for women going through the change, if that isn't traumatic enough to deal with up comes Dorothy Perkins. Maybe here in lies the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea what type of fish it was? Your post insinuates it was a piece of cod or something. ;) But I suspect it was sea bass or similar.

If you want a Manchester-style shopping experience, prepare to pay Manchester prices. It's no cheaper.

The fish was recognised as Brill...Turbot effectivly, i price checked turbot on booths..

It is a dear do, even for dear fish... especially when booths do it cheaper

You really all are a bunch of doom mongerers about Blackburn's town centre and shops. The range of shops aren't that bad! It's just your expectations have risen. This stuff about Blackburn being good once but not anymore... just cliche. Blackburn's never had as many high street shops as it has now.

but its not a case of doom mongering or spoiled though.Its about getting what you want.Yes there is an array of shops but there small and dont have a full choice of what they sell.Like you said the city next didnt have what the trafford centre had.Its just not about shops ,blackburn is on its arse,no good clubs(for the young ones :P) ,no decent town pubs (apart from napes),as for restraunts you would expect any decent centre to have good eating places in the town/city centres(yes theres a few more afternoon ones).Id rather shop at the trafford centre because theres no gangs about ie.chavs/asian/goths etc(cue race card again blah blah yawn ..not aimed at you tombro) that make it feel uneasy ,you can buy the clobber you want (if they have not got it go back in an hour and they will ship it in and theres food some good restraunts and whatever fast food you want.(there isnt even a kfc in the mall!).

and theres food some good restraunts and whatever fast food you want.(there isnt even a kfc in the mall!).

every single one of em hallal...... you'll have to study the small print on the doorside menu though, most of the declarations are well hidden as is to be expected from businesses who are ashamed and afraid to advertise the fact openly. :angry2: it's just taking the ######. I certainly won't ever eat there again.

Archived