BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Mall Extention

Pray tell me theno, what qualifies you to comment on the intellectual ability of others?

University of Life cock. ;)

btw "Pray tell" ?? Odd and for no good reason but a rather disquieting mental image of a cross between Noel Coward and Quentin Crisp just passed through my mind.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You telling people to grow up. Pure gold. Your posts are like those written by a five year old. Who's been dropped on the head repeatedly.

"Chavs" for most normal people describes both the white chavs and the Asian gangs, granted neither of which are a welcome presence.

If you asked most people their definiton of a 'Chav', it would be someone from a white working class/underclass background- and you know that tgm!

"Chavs" for most normal people describes both the white chavs and the Asian gangs, granted neither of which are a welcome presence.

Stick the word 'chav' in google and click on 'Images'. Have a check for the first page which shows an asian, let alone asian gang.

Think about it, the fact that you'll be busy for a good while is actually a complement to the asian community!

Went to Blackburn today visiting the parents. Yes the shiny extension to the precinct was nice and clean, added parking on an upper level, primark and costa coffee. Went for a spud pie at the bottom of the escalator towards ainsworth street, delicious. Walked into the Markets, good grief. Empty, tatty, depressing. Half of the stalls have gone,the whole area dirty and scruffy, night and day from the neon 500 yards away. Can anyone without the aid of drink of drugs compare this offer to the Trafford Centre ?

Went to Blackburn today visiting the parents. Yes the shiny extension to the precinct was nice and clean, added parking on an upper level, primark and costa coffee. Went for a spud pie at the bottom of the escalator towards ainsworth street, delicious. Walked into the Markets, good grief. Empty, tatty, depressing. Half of the stalls have gone,the whole area dirty and scruffy, night and day from the neon 500 yards away. Can anyone without the aid of drink of drugs compare this offer to the Trafford Centre ?

To be fair AS, the Market is closing shortly and it is moving underneath the Mall.

Can anyone without the aid of drink of drugs compare this offer to the Trafford Centre ?

To be fair one is a long established market with stalls, which is scheduled for closure, and the other a purpose retail environment, as few hundred yards from which you can find plenty of remnants of the areas industrial past. I'm sober and would say it's difficult to compare the two.

For me the Trafford Centre is one of the most unpleasant shopping experiences imaginable. Yes I do go very occassionaly but through need not choice, usually at some point Christmas / New Year when my good lady decides the kids need something, fortunately they have grown up now.

It's noisy, dirty, crammed with too many people, has a large number of shops selling utter tat, the food outlets are revolting - the sort of fast food puts you in hospital and I wouldn't normally touch, - the centre is lacking in any sort of style, comfort or other facility to make it attractive to me as a shopper. There is often a huge queue off the M60 to park, traffic congestion in that area makes it a part of the local motorway network I do my utmost to avoid at all times, always chosing the M6 rather than the M60 to access that side of Manchester.

The Trafford Centre holds absolutely no appeal for me though I do understand why it's attractive to large numbers of visitors. The Mall is definetely on my "must visit soon" list. I've heard so many comments I want to see for myself.

• 5 months later...

Anyone been down to the new market yet? People are claiming It will become ‘ the best in the north west’ and it’s the most modern in the country.

Also the old market & the exchange building are all being bid for by 5-6 companies….1 includes those that own the mall, who want to extend it out to double its current size.

Anyone been down to the new market yet? People are claiming It will become ‘ the best in the north west’ and it’s the most modern in the country.

Also the old market & the exchange building are all being bid for by 5-6 companies….1 includes those that own the mall, who want to extend it out to double its current size.

Went in yesterday and must say its very exciting for Blackburn. For me, due to the dramatic fall in standards of supermarket fruit and veg, this market offers the stallholders the perfect moment to capitalise and deliver to disgruntled supermarket customers like myself.

Bought some stuffed Olives with pimento having just come back from the canaries, must say they were absolutely top quality, long may that continue.

Looking forward to going in again.

walked throgh today,its okay thats about all? no idea what finishing touches need doing but it looks very unfinished.

I'm with you Abbey. Maybe it's been hyped up too much but it needs a lot more stalls to open. Only had a brief look though.

I think my expectations were raised too high though. I blame Venkys! :lol:

walked throgh today,its okay thats about all? no idea what finishing touches need doing but it looks very unfinished.

Went in today as well and was a bit disappointed.

I wanted some local farm butter (usually get it from Ossy Mills but they'd run out) - nothing like that in Blackburn market, just the same mass-produced stuff you can get in Sainsburys.

And as asparagus is right in season I thought there would be plenty of choice in the market ... but there were only two bunches in the entire place. One was imported from Spain.

Completely missing the trick for me. People who want to buy fresh, locally produced food won't find much in Blackburn market ... so they will stick to the farm shops which do provide that. And people who want to get away from supermarket veg won't find the answer in the market either.

Was in St Albans on Saturday and had a wander around the weekly street market there. At least half a dozen fruit and veg stalls pushing locally grown, in season produce. Lancashire is full of great food producers, so why is the brand new Blackburn market not showcasing it??

I wanted some local farm butter (usually get it from Ossy Mills but they'd run out) - nothing like that in Blackburn market, just the same mass-produced stuff you can get in Sainsburys.

And as asparagus is right in season I thought there would be plenty of choice in the market ... but there were only two bunches in the entire place. One was imported from Spain.

Completely missing the trick for me. People who want to buy fresh, locally produced food won't find much in Blackburn market ... so they will stick to the farm shops which do provide that. And people who want to get away from supermarket veg won't find the answer in the market either.

Was in St Albans on Saturday and had a wander around the weekly street market there. At least half a dozen fruit and veg stalls pushing locally grown, in season produce. Lancashire is full of great food producers, so why is the brand new Blackburn market not showcasing it??

This lot do an excellent job with fruit, veg and cheese Tris. http://uktv.co.uk/food/outlet/aid/621487

• Moderation Lead

The extension is a welcome improvement and all, but as parking is far too expensive, and Manchester is about half the price to park, and the Trafford Centre is free and both destinations aren't much further away for a lot of people in the area, that would be what I'd be looking at improving if I worked for the Mall!

Archived