BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Niall Mason

Signed by Madrid at the age of seven after attending their annual training camp. So impressed were they that they broke their rules to sign him.

Mason signs for Madrid and the story behind it all.

Last year a move back to England beckoned and the Gunners were strongly linked:

Mason to the gunners

He came back to England last year joining Moorlands school:

Niall and his dad on his return to England.

Described as a midfield general in the Zidane mould with vision but also a grounded head by the sounds of his responses. Their was a video interview done with the lad when he signed for Madrid during which all he did was tricks and juggling with the ball, alas it seems to have disappeared.

Welcome to the club lad good luck with your development.

And finally for our FM based fans:

mason.jpg

:lol: :lol:

I just assumed he would be older.

After seeing Ciaran Donnelly look like a world beater at 15 against Brazil and end up playing non-league, I've learnt not be hasty about building up young talent.

There are lots of those worldwide.....for everyone that makes it to the top, there are hundreds left by the wayside.

After seeing Ciaran Donnelly look like a world beater at 15 against Brazil and end up playing non-league, I've learnt not be hasty about building up young talent.

I'm not trying to build him up but it in my opinion deserves a little bit more than the one post it has received. Madrid where disappointed to see him go as they felt he had something about him. He had his pick of clubs after trialling with one or two and scoring 2 goals for City's youth team with 10 players around him he's never played with adds weight to the he has something about him comment. At a time where our academy has not really produced over the last 10-12 years and with a rumoured 6 foot, athletic policy, its nice to see we're still looking at the one thing that counts, skill.

Everyone on here says that the best young kids would never want to sign for Rovers, there's too much competition, we cannot compete and so on. And yet here we have a highly desired and potentially good young player picking us over the giants he could have joined. I think the academy deserve praise for making this happen and convincing the lad his future lies with Rovers.

You never know what will happen in football he could fall by the wayside, but since he's been hailed since he was 7 and its 6 years later and he's still being hailed and standing out, you have to think he has a good chance. So far so good young Niall, work hard, keep your head on the ground and remember the hard work is still to come.

Welcome to Rovers & good luck.

I'm not trying to build him up but it in my opinion deserves a little bit more than the one post it has received. Madrid where disappointed to see him go as they felt he had something about him. He had his pick of clubs after trialling with one or two and scoring 2 goals for City's youth team with 10 players around him he's never played with adds weight to the he has something about him comment. At a time where our academy has not really produced over the last 10-12 years and with a rumoured 6 foot, athletic policy, its nice to see we're still looking at the one thing that counts, skill.

Everyone on here says that the best young kids would never want to sign for Rovers, there's too much competition, we cannot compete and so on. And yet here we have a highly desired and potentially good young player picking us over the giants he could have joined. I think the academy deserve praise for making this happen and convincing the lad his future lies with Rovers.

You never know what will happen in football he could fall by the wayside, but since he's been hailed since he was 7 and its 6 years later and he's still being hailed and standing out, you have to think he has a good chance. So far so good young Niall, work hard, keep your head on the ground and remember the hard work is still to come.

Welcome to Rovers & good luck.

Didnt know he had signed for us, yes, this is exactly the kind of lad we should be looking at and he will have picked up lots of good habits in Madrid, wonder if Michel had any input there at all?

Good luck to the kid, time will tell and if he has the ability, hopefully he will be a first team player oof the future, well done Rovers!

• Moderation Lead

Didnt know he had signed for us, yes, this is exactly the kind of lad we should be looking at and he will have picked up lots of good habits in Madrid, wonder if Michel had any input there at all?

Good luck to the kid, time will tell and if he has the ability, hopefully he will be a first team player oof the future, well done Rovers!

I hope to god he continues his development and doesn't get a big ego and ruin his chances of a great and long career.

At the risk of sounding negative, we don't want to get too hyped up and call him the next 'insert class player name here' or put too much pressure on him- let him play his own game, encourage him and hope he listens and is willing to improve!

7 is far too young to be involved at a football club, especially one such as Real Madrid, it could have destroyed this kid's future. What warped aspirations for someone so impressionable and naive to have.

Thankfully it seems like he has pulled through and the young lad is at the best place in the world for youth development now. Welcome and good luck

And another thing, no one should hype OR downplay his chances, just see what happens and be supportive!

Maji, I'm somewhat disappointed in your post. You come across as someone who understands coaching yet are on here plugging a 13 year old. It's far too early to tell yet if he'll make it. I'm sure the kid can play but there is a lot of water to flow under the bridge before he even gets close.

Maji, I'm somewhat disappointed in your post. You come across as someone who understands coaching yet are on here plugging a 13 year old. It's far too early to tell yet if he'll make it. I'm sure the kid can play but there is a lot of water to flow under the bridge before he even gets close.

Take it from me, Maji knows about coaching,read again and this time digest what he said,he looked the busuiness at 7, continued to progress (remember Arsenal were looking at him too)) and came to Rovers scoring 2 on his debut!!

Maji didnt say he had made it, merely that the progression had continued and Rovers did well to get him - remember, Real wanted to keep him.

Don't be stupid. Starting at Real Madrid as a 7 year old? A dream come true for any kid. He will also have avoided the notoriously rubbish youth coaching here in England. He might have learnt how to retain a football.

Impressed he has ended up at Blackburn

I think the real point here is not that this fella will be great, it is the fact that we are signing exciting young talent of this age. The fact that the club are getting quality into the academy is great and I hope we can attract even more good youngsters, and that one or more turns out to be a great player.

Take it from me, Maji knows about coaching,read again and this time digest what he said,he looked the busuiness at 7, continued to progress (remember Arsenal were looking at him too)) and came to Rovers scoring 2 on his debut!!

Maji didnt say he had made it, merely that the progression had continued and Rovers did well to get him - remember, Real wanted to keep him.

I understand what you are saying; Rovers academy is starting to get a better quality of recruit. 13 is still too young though to be talking a kid up.

Too true...... Jerome Watt another.

Archived