BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Player Of Their Position

After watching some of the worlds best players in the world cup I am interested to know who people really rate, the position they play and why they rate them.

I have to say after seeing some transfers go through for the likes of Milner for that amount and the price of Drogba being rated at 20 mill, I would like to know which player floats your boat and why.

The player I would choose would be Drogba, this guy can finish, short and long range, he can head, can take free kicks and after watching him today get like 3 or 4 assists, I find the figure of 20 mill being very underpriced, best player in the world ? maybe , best striker in prem, without a doubt.

At the world cup he did next to nothing. Granted, he was injured, but still.

Casillas is the world's best goalkeeper. Other than that, I don't think there's a standout star in one position right now that's so much better than the rest...can't even say it for Messi or Ronaldo anymore.

Maicon is the best RB imo. He speed, size, strength, are immense attributes. Also, his ability on the ball technically as well as his willingness to make offensive runs and still make it back to cover all game make him world class. His superb instincts on defense make him the best in the world.

The player I would choose would be Drogba, this guy can finish, short and long range, he can head, can take free kicks and after watching him today get like 3 or 4 assists, I find the figure of 20 mill being very underpriced, best player in the world ? maybe , best striker in prem, without a doubt.

Of course he is only rated at 20 mill (though not heard that), he is 32!!! Phenomenal player though, best striker in the Prem hands down. If he was 26 and playing like this, he would be a 60 million plus player, no question.

Drogba has it all. Pace, power, good in the air, good at set-pieces. He's easily the best striker in the Premiership, but he doesn't get the Hollywood treatment compared to the likes of Rooney and Torres.

Drogba has it all. Pace, power, good in the air, good at set-pieces. He's easily the best striker in the Premiership, but he doesn't get the Hollywood treatment compared to the likes of Rooney and Torres.

The lad came so close to getting a hat-trick of hat-tricks yesterday, I'm not sure thats ever been done in prem history.

The question is not clear as to currently or over the last decade, for me qwithout question it simply has to be Zidane, holds a positon so well, everywhere he should be at a given time, can head, pass, good close control and can score goals, a perfect all round player and the head butt apart a wonderful career and record!!

Xavi, hands down. Best passer of the ball for both Spain and Barca and had an inspired world cup and last couple of seasons, works hard breaks up play and creates as well.

For me he's the best in the world at present and an unsung hero.

I prefer Iniesta. Whenever I see him play (except for one or two mistakes at the WC), he seems faultless. Always makes the right decision, and his passing and close control are exceptional. Just doesn't seem to give away possession.

I prefer Iniesta. Whenever I see him play (except for one or two mistakes at the WC), he seems faultless. Always makes the right decision, and his passing and close control are exceptional. Just doesn't seem to give away possession.

A lot of people do, but I've done a few analysis's of Barca and Xavi always finishes top of the pile. He doesn't get forward as much as Iniesta and I think because of this his work goes unnoticed.

I found this on the FIFA website and when you go through it he really stands out, its the same at Barca as well.

FIFA

When you get to the passing stats you'll se why for me he's above him, just.

A lot of people do, but I've done a few analysis's of Barca and Xavi always finishes top of the pile. He doesn't get forward as much as Iniesta and I think because of this his work goes unnoticed.

I found this on the FIFA website and when you go through it he really stands out, its the same at Barca as well.

FIFA

When you get to the passing stats you'll se why for me he's above him, just.

Sorry but I probably won't read those stats. Not everything can be judged on statistics in football, although I do usually pay attention to them. But although I don't watch the pair as often as you probably do, the key thing you say for me is that Xavi doesn't get as forward as Iniesta. Fair enough point on him not being noticed as a result, but this creates a bit of a bias in his stats. There is usually quite a bit more space in the middle of the park than the final third, as teams bunch more tightly to prevent breakthroughs near their goal. Therefore, passes and such breakthroughs are usually more difficult to accomplish in this area due to the congestion.

Sorry but I probably won't read those stats. Not everything can be judged on statistics in football, although I do usually pay attention to them. But although I don't watch the pair as often as you probably do, the key thing you say for me is that Xavi doesn't get as forward as Iniesta. Fair enough point on him not being noticed as a result, but this creates a bit of a bias in his stats. There is usually quite a bit more space in the middle of the park than the final third, as teams bunch more tightly to prevent breakthroughs near their goal. Therefore, passes and such breakthroughs are usually more difficult to accomplish in this area due to the congestion.

At the end of the day they are both great players, there's not much between them either way.

At the end of the day they are both great players, there's not much between them either way.

Barca's midfield and attack in general is just jaw-dropping...pity about that Ibrahimovic/Eto swap, sheer stupidity.

The question is not clear as to currently or over the last decade, for me qwithout question it simply has to be Zidane, holds a positon so well, everywhere he should be at a given time, can head, pass, good close control and can score goals, a perfect all round player and the head butt apart a wonderful career and record!!

Agree 100% used to love watching Zidane on a good day, he was so calm on the ball then he would just erupt into life, fantastic player.

I didnt realise that Drogba was so old, so surprising, I thought he was around 28. :blink:

Barca's midfield and attack in general is just jaw-dropping...pity about that Ibrahimovic/Eto swap, sheer stupidity.

Not really. Eto'o hasn't exactly set the world on fire at Inter and is surely on his way down, Ibrahimovic still has 2-3 years of magic left in him. He does need his conflicts to thrive, and has that frustrating way of looking sulky and lazy when things aren't going his way, but along with Drogba he is the centerforward that are closest to "unstoppable" playing today.

Not really. Eto'o hasn't exactly set the world on fire at Inter and is surely on his way down, Ibrahimovic still has 2-3 years of magic left in him. He does need his conflicts to thrive, and has that frustrating way of looking sulky and lazy when things aren't going his way, but along with Drogba he is the centerforward that are closest to "unstoppable" playing today.

There is only one year age difference. There hasn't been a colossal difference in goals, despite Ibrahimovic playing in the most creative team in the world. Ibrahimovic is inconsistent. Every time I see them, Eto is the more effective, efficient player. But most crucially, 46 million Euros changed hands. Barca ripped themselves off.

Archived