SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bluerovers

All you people taking the pish out of JohnB should be ashamed of yourselves. The man is trying to give is the best information he can, when he can.

Is that JohnD and MikeB's lovechild? Someone who has inside info on how great Goldberg is......

My missus has just got back from dinner at Stanley House and said that there were a few smiling faces in connection to Rovers. As a journo, she has a very enquiring mind and a way of teasing things out of people.

This might be putting 2+2 together and getting 5, however ..................................

Anyone think there is any credibility in this given the Walker connection or is MikeB a bullshitter as sum of you think.

Before I go to sleep, the stuff we hopefully post tomorrow will not have anything about any bid failing or even suceeding, will give an insight into where things are upto with regards to all the interested parties and a bit of information which will get you all talking!

Before I go to sleep, the stuff we hopefully post tomorrow will not have anything about any bid failing or even suceeding, will give an insight into where things are upto with regards to all the interested parties.

Kamy: doesn't seem we will be any closer to anything then ?

Its more a case of the board following the correct procedures & looking at every option - rather than just diving into the 1st one.

I'm not entirely sure that is the case Hughesy. If none of the BBC stuff had come out i think the trust would have sold to Syed by now. I think one or two feathers have been ruffled and they are looking for an excuse not to sell to him. Whether this means we sell to richer or poorer group / individual is yet to become clear. But i can't see the trust holding out, risking the loss of a sale in order to ensure we have the best possible owner in place. They want rid of us and unless this is an auction situation or Syed is offering less than the asking price i can't see that they would mull over bids soley for the club's future well being.

I'm not entirely sure that is the case Hughesy. If none of the BBC stuff had come out i think the trust would have sold to Syed by now.

And you know this how ?

I don't think people realise how much the trust has done for Rovers over the years. Yes, the last few years they haven't put any money in - but prior to that they wrote off millions in loans and share offers helping keep the club afloat. And no matter what people think - the books show that the Trust never pocketed money from transfer fees as many people like to infer.

Only the trust and their advisors (incl Kamy :D ) will know whether the BBC allegations came out of the blue or not - everything else is just yet more guess work.

Guys - I think this MB content ranges from the hilarious to the well thought out and informed reflecting the array of characters we have on board.

At times, there is probably too much pi$$ taking and a general lack of respect - a thick skin is sometimes needed!

None the less, I look forward to tomorrow's developments or otherwise and I'm now off to bed with a remaining half bottle of C.N.D.P. and my beautiful wife who, believe it or not, is of Indian extraction but not from the Syed line!

And you know this how ?

I don't think people realise how much the trust has done for Rovers over the years. Yes, the last few years they haven't put any money in - but prior to that they wrote off millions in loans and share offers helping keep the club afloat. And no matter what people think - the books show that the Trust never pocketed money from transfer fees as many people like to infer.

Only the trust and their advisors (incl Kamy :D ) will know whether the BBC allegations came out of the blue or not - everything else is just yet more guess work.

I don't know and i'm not claiming to. I think if you care to scroll back through the back end of the old thread you'll find i say as much. It wasn't a dig at the trust. Far from it. To my mind they have cared for us as you would expect. Rovers were forced upon them through inheritance and they have honored Jacks will. Albeit to a minimal level. I am not ungrateful for this at all. They have given us, as a loss making operation, every chance to survive. I have never expected investment from them because its not their passion. But i think they would have sold if no dirt had been dug up. They do want us off their hands. But they are far from negelctful.

my beautiful wife who, believe it or not, is of Indian extraction but not from the Syed line!

Well i'm sure its a 3rd bidder possibly Indians who are a lot further down the line than many think, may be in the process of DD, lets wait and see Tomorrow then.. thanks Kamy..

Is it her MikeB? This poster claims to be from Mombai....

Before I go to sleep, the stuff we hopefully post tomorrow will not have anything about any bid failing or even suceeding, will give an insight into where things are upto with regards to all the interested parties and a bit of information which will get you all talking!

Well lets's see. The mysterious third party has shown it's hand?.... Mr Ali isn't in the same league and can't live with them? A google search on the mysterious party shows 2,490,147 results? <_< ??

Just guessing...

Archived