BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is getting schizophrenic. There are several posters who have a tiny inside glimpse to a complicated and rapidly changing Rovers world and John D and TGM off in a parallel universe rotating round Adrian Goldberg.

... and because of that, Goldberg now has his own thread http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/23559-adrian-goldberg-5-lives-investigates/ please use that in preference to this one as it now has little bearing on the Takeover (other than making the thread hard to follow).

I have been saying for a long time now that the Trustees are in a far stronger position than they could ever have dreamed of and perhaps Syed might have to do something heading in that direction to deliver the knock out bid.

What is very clear, the world that existed when Syed signed the Heads of Agreement one day four weeks ago doesn't exist now. The period of due diligence is expiring and there is no sign of Syed and the Trust moving automatically to contracted sale.

This part I agree with, the Trust has been put in a much, much stronger position due to the presence of more than one interested party. We can only hope that they choose a bidder which will keep the club's (and Jack's) best interest in mind, rather than a bidder that offers the most money.

The truth is, there is no new verifiable info, just some wording on some minutes written by a fan (not a member of staff) that could be read in a number of ways.

Christ, if we have started relying on my secretarial skills to provide clarity and information then we really are in trouble :unsure:

Are you trying to say that the Trust will get him to commit to a legally binding contract that says he must invest £300m over 15 years? That was never part of the sale agreement, just because he's mentioned it in terms of his own business plan I don't see how the Trust would then be able to retrospectively tack that condition subsequent on the sale contract, assuming they had any desire to, and I don't see why Syed would then commit to it as the purchase price effectively increases by £300m. The Trust will sell to whoever is a 'fit and proper person' and can meet the sale price.

One uncertain thing in here is Jack's will. There has been a lot of debate as to whether the trust are in anyway tied by the terms of Jacks will - if they are it could complicate things - and mean any buyer has to put forward more than just words guaranteeing future investment in the club.

You take me right round baby right round,

Like a record bady. You take me right round.

Like a record bady. You take me right round.

Like a record bady. You take me right round.....................................................................

(Please note this isn't a personal dig at anyones post or opinion on the takeover. Its more a psychotic response to hearing the same circular arguments over and over and over again and my inability to stop visiting this thread. Pass me the revolver Smith!)

Not teasing guys, article is ready to go live. But because things are delicate at the moment it responsible thing to do is to make sure that it won't cause any problems. It is frustrating but for brfcs it is paramount that we work to the best interests of the club, if that means waiting to publish something then so be it.

Not teasing guys, article is ready to go live. But because things are delicate at the moment it responsible thing to do is to make sure that it won't cause any problems. It is frustrating but for brfcs it is paramount that we work to the best interests of the club, if that means waiting to publish something then so be it.

When you say "article ..... live" by who? or is that still confidential.

Kamy Kamy Kamy - There I was at worked, logged into BRFCS and seen you was the last poster on this thread - got all excited at the prospect of the news!!!!!! Dam you lol............

Completely understand where your coming from though - How long will it likely to be before we do here the info?

cheers,

Like a record bady. You take me right round.....................................................................

I think this thread's like heroin. You know you shouldn't, but it's always one more look. It's so moreish. Just one more....

When you say "article ..... live" by who? or is that still confidential.

Article written by me, need to make sure it does not cause problems before it is published on this site.

Are you trying to say that the Trust will get him to commit to a legally binding contract that says he must invest £300m over 15 years? That was never part of the sale agreement, just because he's mentioned it in terms of his own business plan I don't see how the Trust would then be able to retrospectively tack that condition subsequent on the sale contract, assuming they had any desire to, and I don't see why Syed would then commit to it as the purchase price effectively increases by £300m. The Trust will sell to whoever is a 'fit and proper person' and can meet the sale price.

Archived