BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

I personally think some postes are letting anxiety associated with the delay get to them. It's a sad fact that we, the fans, are not in the best position to make sound conclusive judgments as to whether Syed is the real deal or a chancer. The same hold true of Goldberg, in that his allegations raise questions but in themselves prove nothing. And it is not reasonable to request that a billionaire open up his financial history to the general public or any reporter who happens to inquire. I'm not a billionaire (or even millionaire, yet) and I wouldn't let anyone on this board near my checkbook and investment portfolio, let alone Goldberg.

The only entity with the information needed to form a sound judgment is the Trust. Considering that they are a business savvy group who have always done right by the Rovers, I'm willing to differ to the Trust's evaluation of the Syed situation. If they sell, that tells me the Trust has solid reasons to believe that Syed will do better for the Rovers than the Trust is willing to. And otherwise if the Trust declines to sell. While the Trust has wanted to sell for years, it has always acted prudently and I have no reason to suspect that they would make rash judgments now.

So let's take a breath and wait and see. Either way we'll win, as we support the greatest club in the world.

Amen :)

But it is far funnier to go on and on and on and on............

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bluerovers

BR

I have never mentioned "Abromovich", "Saints", or "Gary Glitter"

?????

Er,have you used all your medication?

Can't bothered to explain it all to you, if you just read the last 4 pages several times you'll probably get the gist of my posts...

The rest of your post is as many previous ones.

Goldberg has stated specific allegations twice. Syed admitted one. He has not specifically denied any of the others. So yes, for the moment Goldberg is in the driving seat. :D

Yes he has, he specifically denied not paying council tax and in fact divulged that he paid more than he needed (haven't I said that already?). Can I just confirm something, the winner of a debate in your world is the one that talks last, regardless of what they say? Hmm I prefer to go with the one who provides the best evidence (or in this case the one who doesn't provide the worst).

Guest bluerovers

I personally think some postes are letting anxiety associated with the delay get to them. It's a sad fact that we, the fans, are not in the best position to make sound conclusive judgments as to whether Syed is the real deal or a chancer. The same hold true of Goldberg, in that his allegations raise questions but in themselves prove nothing. And it is not reasonable to request that a billionaire open up his financial history to the general public or any reporter who happens to inquire. I'm not a billionaire (or even millionaire, yet) and I wouldn't let anyone on this board near my checkbook and investment portfolio, let alone Goldberg.

The only entity with the information needed to form a sound judgment is the Trust. Considering that they are a business savvy group who have always done right by the Rovers, I'm willing to differ to the Trust's evaluation of the Syed situation. If they sell, that tells me the Trust has solid reasons to believe that Syed will do better for the Rovers than the Trust is willing to. And otherwise if the Trust declines to sell. While the Trust has wanted to sell for years, it has always acted prudently and I have no reason to suspect that they would make rash judgments now.

So let's take a breath and wait and see. Either way we'll win, as we support the greatest club in the world.

That's basically how I feel, even though I'll now be accused of being "pro-Syed" I'm not, I'm just anti-bullsh*t and there's been a lot of that thrown by various posters here and the poor man's Matt Allwright, Adrian Goldberg.

Just another article confirming the LT's claims this morning.

Mind you, I thought the MoU exclusivity ran out yesterday. :unsure:

I would imagine it ran out at 11:59pm Monday.....

Goldberg has stated specific allegations twice. Syed admitted one. He has not specifically denied any of the others. So yes, for the moment Goldberg is in the driving seat. :D

Have you actually READ the press release? He's in about as much a driving seat as I am!

Guest bluerovers

Amen :)

But it is far funnier to go on and on and on and on............

Is that an admission you are just a WUM?

Have you actually READ the press release? He's in about as much a driving seat as I am!

Agreed, if Goldberg is in the driving seat, it's in a 1982 Skoda with no brakes rolling down a very steep hill into bullcrap creek

Guest bluerovers

Can we have a seperate thread for actual takeover news, and no discussion (like Wen Y Huns tansfer links thread)? 8 pages posted today, but no new information.

Not true, today we learnt that JohnD doesn't understand the concept of a metaphor and is potentially a troll...

Can we have a seperate thread for actual takeover news, and no discussion (like Wen Y Huns tansfer links thread)? 8 pages posted today, but no new information.

Look I an not being a prick but, was site not set out to be a discussion forum where people from all over the world can express views and opinions with one another?

If this is wrong and the actual function of this FORUM is a lurker news service could someone tell me and I will never post another opinion in here.

If not read the LET.

That's been suggested before and is a good idea Baz.

I'm sure, if you started such a topic [asking for links only] then the mods would pin it for everyone to read. We could all contribute to it.

Look I an not being a prick but, was site not set out to be a discussion forum where people from all over the world can express views and opinions with one another?

If this is wrong and the actual function of this FORUM is a lurker news service could someone tell me and I will never post another opinion in here.

If not read the LET.

Whoa, I'm sure Baz means for the original topic to run as it is, but to add a pinned topic for links and news items, so that people can give the other thread a miss completely if they want.

Guest bluerovers

Who, I'm sure Baz means for the original topic to run as it is, but to add a pinned topic for links and news items, so that people can give the other thread a miss completely if they want.

Can we also have a thread that consists solely of JohnD and Tony Gales Mic's posts for a bit of comic relief too?

Who, I'm sure Baz means for the original topic to run as it is, but to add a pinned topic for links and news items, so that people can give the other thread a miss completely if they want.

I wasn't referring to baz necessarily just generally and his was just the latest that was similar.

If not read the LET.

The clue was a seperate thread, I acknowledge and agree things should be discussed, I just think a seperate thread just detailing any new information regarding the takeover would help those occasional viewers, or those who dont have the time or inclination to read pages and pages of discussion just to find out nothing new has happened today (apart from the Troll part obviously :D ).

Alan75 - agreed, but not all new links are added to the news page.

I'll start a thread anyway and lets see how it goes.

Some smug journalist who none of us had ever heard of 4 weeks ago has accused some smug multi-billionaire* who none of us had ever heard of 4 weeks ago of some things that may or may not be relevant to a takeover that may or may not happen. Some people on here believe the multi-billionaire. Some believe the smug journalist**

Have I missed anything?

*to be confirmed (hopefully)

**the journo's mate by all accounts

:rover:

That's fine as long as people do discuss their opinions with one another.

The problems seem to start when people discuss their opinions of one another!

(a general observation by the way!)

The clue was a seperate thread, I acknowledge and agree things should be discussed, I just think a seperate thread just detailing any new information regarding the takeover would help those occasional viewers, or those who dont have the time or inclination to read pages and pages of discussion just to find out nothing new has happened today (apart from the Troll part obviously :D ).

Alan75 - agreed, but not all new links are added to the news page.

I'll start a thread anyway and lets see how it goes.

Baz. Ive added some links to the News section

But trust me, several of us are watching every news source, speaking to everyone we know and following up every tip we get. As soon as we have something news worthy, it'll be in the news section. For now, there is little news, what news there has been as been discussed to death, so this thread is rumours, guesses, misinformation, agriculture, Indian geography and the Lahore Eel Sect.

Have I missed something ? Baz's pinned thread says there are multiple groups in due diligence ? Is this confirmed ? link anyone ?

hmmm, Nicko we get along quite well, but surely you should know better than to be jumping the gun right now on Syed.

Syed isnt close to completion though....he isnt the only interested party.

The club hasnt completed their Due Diligence, he hasnt made an offer to minority shareholders & he hasnt started the premier league fit & proper test yet.

As of this morning thier was still no news on any planned visit & still no news to prepare for a visit on saturday....although that could change easy enough.

Don't ask me to tip a winner. Right now it is like watching old nags trying to win a two mile job at Wolverhampton in the off season.

Why old nags?

Archived