BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

It's well documented that Spurs had heard of him! :o:lol:

Whichever way this pans out we owe Goldberg a lot of gratitude.

Did YOU know about him though?

I don't see why we owe Goldberg anything. He's been nothing but disparaging to the club from the outset. He might have uncovered some rather dodgy facts but I bet he's had absolutely no impact on the process internally to Rovers. Some questions asked maybe but I'll bet there has been no change to the ongoing process other than that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did YOU know about him though?

I don't see why we owe Goldberg anything. He's been nothing but disparaging to the club from the outset. He might have uncovered some rather dodgy facts but I bet he's had absolutely no impact on the process internally to Rovers. Some questions asked maybe but I'll bet there has been no change to the ongoing process other than that.

Would you rather that the issues raised by 5 Live had remained undiscovered?

I can't remember Goldberg saying anything bad about the Rovers either.

Reading the piece in the LT yesterday, it didn't look as though the completion of the Syed Ali deal was particularly imminent with due dilligence not quite complete and the Trust still waiting to convince themselves of his suitability.

Really hope we don't end up being taken over by the Shah group, if they aren't willing to risk 250k undergoing due dilligence it shows:

a) They can't want the Club that badly

B) 250k must be such a significant amount to them they surely wouldn't have enough money behind them were they to complete the purchase and

c) If they really wanted the Club why didn't they undergo due dilligence before Ali Syed? Have they just remembered they left 25m down the back of the sofa or something?

Guys, I'm now getting positive vibes about Ali, after 3 days of indifference last week, from people I've been meeting since yesterday. As I've posted earlier, these tend to be smaller businessmen who all claim to be privy to either a tap on the shoulder or a whisper in the ear. To quote one from yesterday, who's track record on 'gossip' is pretty decent, "It's all over bar the shouting, game, set and match to Ali"

Sooner it's resolved, from a personal work angle, the better as it's adding at least an hour to my working day as everyone who follows Rovers wants to talk about it!

Guys, I'm now getting positive vibes about Ali, after 3 days of indifference last week, from people I've been meeting since yesterday. As I've posted earlier, these tend to be smaller businessmen who all claim to be privy to either a tap on the shoulder or a whisper in the ear. To quote one from yesterday, who's track record on 'gossip' is pretty decent, "It's all over bar the shouting, game, set and match to Ali"

Sooner it's resolved, from a personal work angle, the better as it's adding at least an hour to my working day as everyone who follows Rovers wants to talk about it!

On Goldberg. The question you should be asking is, WHY did decide to investigate? Would a tip from a disgruntled landlord really lead to to that much digging?

He had a new show to get off the ground and needed a topical target. Foreign owners are a popular target for vitriol at the moment.

Goldberg was entitled to investigate because there were enough question marks over Syed and his business activities that needed answering.

If neither Rothschilds nor the Trustees were aware of the issues raised by Goldberg then the BBC have done Rovers a big favour.

Good journalism.

Goldberg was entitled to investigate because there were enough question marks over Syed and his business activities that needed answering.

If neither Rothschilds nor the Trustees were aware of the issues raised by Goldberg then the BBC have done Rovers a big favour.

Good journalism.

sorry, but were the Chinese consortium not interested in buying Liverpool? Would that not have been, a bigger story for their programme 1st up? maybe find some sort of hidden agenda from those guys, as to why they want to buy Liverpool? Fact is, Goldberg had no other story lined up, so had no other choice, but to reveal what somebody had told him.

the fact that somebody tipped him off, is hardly good journalism. Whoever tipped him off, surely had some sort of issue besides a few thousand pounds in unpaid rent. I mean c'mon, if the landlord had said to me "hey, that Syed guy owes me money, here is the proof" i could easily have gone onto a national radio, and said i have dirt on that guy.

Good journalism.

Have you actually listened to the two shows? It's fronted by a man who sounds like the lovechild of Timmy Mallet and Adrian Chiles, and who owns and runs a website called "The Stirrer". I was expecting him to say at the end of Sunday nights statement... "How wacky is that Ali Syed?" Also last week he was removing any comments and questions that could have led to anything positive being written about Ali Syed on their Facebook page. That for me, is NOT good journalism. It's closing yourself off from an alternative viewpoint and I can only imagine it's to keep the Syed story sensational rather than impartial and informative. That's not just unfair on Syed, it's very unfair to us paying supporters.

Let's face it he was chasing after one side of the story from the offset. His mantra is clearly, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Beamo slamming Gerald Jackson's head in an oven door on the halfway line.

Can we have it the other way round, Gerald's a really nice fellow.

Beamo slamming Gerald Jackson's head in an oven door on the halfway line.

It was suggested by a fellow member of this site to throw Gerald to the lions for half time entertainment, now that’s better than the half time draw!

Archived