BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what we have seen I dont think the Aussies or Shah has the necessary funds to make much of a difference.

I do not think that the Australian people have spoken publicly yet. So how can you or anybody else, say they do not have the funds. We do not know who they are as yet. Unless it has been posted on here.

I wouldn't want to be negotiating with the Aussies if Stefan Dennis is the head of the consortium - I remember he ran Lassiters with an iron fist. He'd be difficult to rein in during negotiations that's for sure.

Mind you, he did nail both Alessi twins so he's not all bad.

Good journalism.

And in that fragmented sentence we see what is so woefully turgid about the British press.

Good journalism? Goldberg makes it sound like he unearthed Mr. Ali's tailor made snuff film and yet he fired numerous rounds and scored with one. He is yet to respond to the plethora of inaccurate points in any way and states he has proof squirreled away. If this sultan of spin, this catfish of journalism, had proof he would use it to defend himself in an open forum, not read a prepared response as an afterthought to a tedious story on online gambling. People like him live for ratings and breath the fecal matter fumes that he stirs. He would not sit on anything.

Guest bluerovers

dealx.jpg

And in that fragmented sentence we see what is so woefully turgid about the British press.

Good journalism? Goldberg makes it sound like he unearthed Mr. Ali's tailor made snuff film and yet he fired numerous rounds and scored with one. He is yet to respond to the plethora of inaccurate points in any way and states he has proof squirreled away. If this sultan of spin, this catfish of journalism, had proof he would use it to defend himself in an open forum, not read a prepared response as an afterthought to a tedious story on online gambling. People like him live for ratings and breath the fecal matter fumes that he stirs. He would not sit on anything.

I still don't buy Goldberg's "we have him on tape but can't play it" alibi. As far as I understand it, as long as something is in the public interest and not frabricated they can report and play anything they want to.

How is it that Sarah Ferguson/Ricky Hatton etc can be taped secretly and plastered all over the press without their permission but the BBC can't play a tape they have which Mr Syed gave to them volentarily? Doesn't make sense... Where's nicko, he probably knows more about Journalism laws than I do....

And you, I have a distinct feeling that you are not even a Rovers fan - showing up right after your pal Goldberg is being attacked.

Whats your agenda?

What's your problem sonny?

I've travelled more miles and seen more Rovers games home and away than you could imagine.

My "agenda" is simply to hope that BRFC will have a successful outcome to the takeoever, whoever that will be.

I have never seen such bo---cks on one forum before in my life! The vast majority of posts are pure conjecture and imagination. Mr Ali has reportedly said some contradictory things and appears to have some small financial problems against his name. I think it is reasonable that they are questioned and am saddened that the guy continually fails to respond.

As for Goldberg, never heard of him before and have just joined here after a few months lurking. It seemed a good place to share and discuss my passion for Rovers but it seems that most of the inmates don't have the intellectual capacity, still good for a laugh though.

Journalists in this country can get away with a lot, on the BBC less so, as it's publicly funded and they must report fairly with no bias.

But the fact remains that if his information is correct, and given his track record, there's no reason why he wouldn't release the information supporting his allegations.

Until he does I can't take the Goldberg report seriously.

i thought new thread, better news, better days. However, ill give it another 500 pages, before we are sold :lol:

New thread same pish!

How wonderfully ironic - criticise the thread for pointless posts, drivel and useless content by posting.... pointless drivel without any meritable content.

Impressive, yet troubling that you don't even realise it.

Seriously, we now have posters complaining the thread is unreadable because some of you are treating it like a chat room - can you not have your petty arguments, silly jokes and clicky love-in's by PM?. Just remember the VAST MAJORITY of board users are readers not posters, how about some consideration?

I've travelled more miles and seen more Rovers games home and away than you could imagine.

My "agenda" is simply to hope that BRFC will have a successful outcome to the takeoever, whoever that will be.

I have never seen such bo---cks on one forum before in my life! The vast majority of posts are pure conjecture and imagination. Mr Ali has reportedly said some contradictory things and appears to have some small financial problems against his name. I think it is reasonable that they are questioned and am saddened that the guy continually fails to respond.

As for Goldberg, never heard of him before and have just joined here after a few months lurking. It seemed a good place to share and discuss my passion for Rovers but it seems that most of the inmates don't have the intellectual capacity, still good for a laugh though.

how to make friends and influence people the easy way ..lol :brfc:

I still don't buy Goldberg's "we have him on tape but can't play it" alibi. As far as I understand it, as long as something is in the public interest and not frabricated they can report and play anything they want to.

How is it that Sarah Ferguson/Ricky Hatton etc can be taped secretly and plastered all over the press without their permission but the BBC can't play a tape they have which Mr Syed gave to them volentarily? Doesn't make sense... Where's nicko, he probably knows more about Journalism laws than I do....

It depends how you got the taped interview...and whether you really need it. The BBC are a bit more worried by morals than the tabloid press and this may be a case in point.

Have to say the BBC have done a good job on this.

Anyway, another day ticks by and Syed has not done the deal he wanted pushed through in a hurry a month ago...

If so good on you, Rovers needs all the fans it can get.

Again, I hope so too but your swallowing of a sensation journalists information and complete disregard to anything said otherwise is questionable. Blind faith in the press is one thing that has bothered me since I stepped foot in the sands of Iraq. They have an agenda and that is to make money, they will cover up things that do not fit their agenda and build trivial things into massive mountains that are at best the size of an ants penis.

Well you can bugger off or not read it if you think this is bollucks. You seem to have no problem swallowing Goldbergs conjecture and imaginative waffle. How has Mr. Ali failed to respond? It is Goldberg who is left with questions, the statement released stated that there were problems with the story and all that bottom feeder did was thump his chest and say how he sticks by his story.

Well attacking the intellectual capacity of the inmates is a good way to start. Hope you have a good laugh while you are here feed the monkeys and so on.

Lol! I chose my friends carefully and keep them for life through thick and thin. They are all good people and rebelmswar clearly doesn't fit the bill.

Yes I am a @#/? for not agreeing with you...

I see what type of friends you desire, and I for one am glad not to be one of those type. Meanwhile, I will sob into arm about the loss of a potential friend.

Well you seemed pretty confident on Sunday that Goldberg had proven his case beyond any doubt. Yet no news agency showed the slightest interest because the majority of it is heresay and conjecture, of which Goldberg has seemingly got some right and some wrong. None of the claims are significant enough to cause the bid any problems. The key is for the Trust to decide whether he has the financial backing and the capability of running the club.

You don't seem to keen on Mr Ali taking over, whether that is a right assumption or not it is the impression you have given so far.

Also Mr Ali has issued a statement through his PR company, so to say he has failed to respond is simply not true.

This is a great place to air your views but you will get shot down by those who disagree, don't take offence.

Well you seemed pretty confident on Sunday that Goldberg had proven his case beyond any doubt. Yet no news agency showed the slightest interest because the majority of it is heresay and conjecture, of which Goldberg has seemingly got some right and some wrong. None of the claims are significant enough to cause the bid any problems. The key is for the Trust to decide whether he has the financial backing and the capability of running the club.

You don't seem to keen on Mr Ali taking over, whether that is a right assumption or not it is the impression you have given so far.

Also Mr Ali has issued a statement through his PR company, so to say he has failed to respond is simply not true.

This is a great place to air your views but you will get shot down by those who disagree, don't take offence.

To be fair, if I came on here to express my opinion and got accused of being one of Goldberg's moles without any basis or justification I'd be a little narked off too.

Funny how nicko has said the BBC have done a good job on this but everyone on here is ignoring that as it's not what they want to hear..

To be fair, if I came on here to express my opinion and got accused of being one of Goldberg's moles without any basis or justification I'd be a little narked off too.

Funny how nicko has said the BBC have done a good job on this but everyone on here is ignoring that as it's not what they want to hear..

His posts on 5 Live's Facebook page make him seem very pro the Goldberg story, then he starts posting the same things on here. That was my justification.

Just wanted to call him on it, didnt mean to be brusque, I guess my tone is often misconstrued.

My bad, can we still be friends?

Archived