BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not suggesting that Mr Ali is shady in any way, Goldsberg is and he is still waiting for an answer...............

After a rant like that (and more since) surely there is a medication problem?

No he got the answer, you don't seem to like the answer but he has issued a statement in reply. Goldsberg has stateted he stands by his allegations but not made anymore so as it stands there is nothing more to answer. The rest of that dance will be done in private via the legal representatives and currently it's very premature to declare eitther party proved right. Stop getting your knickers in a twist and sit back and wait a few weeks and all will be resolved one way or another.

Hughesy how long do you think it will take for the club to do it's due diligence on Syed?. Also any idea what day Syed might turn up it did say this week.

I dont know if its just about that.

I think the board are keeping 'all' the options open to them to be honest - afterall there is no rush, well aslong as its before January.

No it's not.

Goldberg flags up some things that are definitely of note concerning Mr Syed, especially given what's happened with Premier League takeovers in recent years.

Yes he comes across a bit smug in his tone and doesnt exactly endear himself to us but it's still fair enough.

Syed takes an age to reply and when he does, it's a fairly non specific denial (apart from the CCJs which are impossible to deny as they can be proved very easily if needed). He also denies being from Bhongir despite being from a village 10 mins down the road and having told Goldberg that was where he came from.

Goldberg then says they have letters in their office proving Ali Syed was being chased for rent over quite a few years, that they have an interview which they haven't broadcast for moral reasons - Ali Syed didnt intend for it to be broadcast and his team have said they don't want it being broadcast.

Clearly however those claims can't be false as if it came to any legal proceedings and they were asked for evidence, if they didn't have it they'd be in serious trouble.

Goldberg has done a pretty good job on this, even our resident journalist has said so, yes he come across as pretty smug and yes Syed may yet turn out to be a perfectly decent owner. But it's good things like this are getting flagged up but instead he just gets a torrent of abuse and ridiculous claims he's making things about interviews up when anyone with half a brain could see there's no way he'd make interviews up, it'd be professional suicide. Sadly people with half a brain are lacking in this thread...

So you agree with John D--we should apologise to Goldberg for criticising him?

I am not suggesting that Mr Ali is shady in any way, Goldsberg is and he is still waiting for an answer...............

After a rant like that (and more since) surely there is a medication problem?

I think you are a troll who joined this Board in August specifically to wind up Rovers fans about the takeover. A mate of mine told me this and I see no reason to disbelieve him unless you can prove the contrary to my absolute satisfaction.

By the way, good win over Preston at the weekend. I'll bet Nelson was rocking?

Hughesy how long do you think it will take for the club to do it's due diligence on Syed?. Also any idea what day Syed might turn up it did say this week.

Hang on, did someone just ask Hughesey for his sage opinion on something only a Club insider would know? :blink:

That's worse than asking Philip - he doesn't know any more than the rest of us either but at least he makes it sound impressive!.

The purpose of the Goldberg programme was to ask "is this man suitable for owning a PL club" and compared to Abromovich's track record he looks like a Saint. You can say "well Roman has already bought the club so it doesn't matter" but that would be like saying "Gary Glitter got the adoptation papers through before we found out he was pedo so it don't matter" IMO.

Compared to the genuine colourful history of a number of PL owners, Goldberg's 'revelations' don't even rate on the barely interesting scale.

So Syed said they weren't true, Goldberg did no more than say he stood by it...why is Goldberg's position stronger than Ali's in that case? You are chossing to place the Goldberg allegations as more believable than Syed's dismissal of them when niether have hard evidence right now to back them up.

Syed's legal team took 4 days to reply to the original claims (of which there were many), Goldberg then took three days to respond to that and all he did was reiterate what he said so again with no new information, so again... how has Goldberg outdone Ali on timing?

And all this evidence Goldberg says he has (and I presume you believe), why not simply post it on his Facebook page like he did with the photos, you can blur out any sensitive contents.

You are basically saying that Bob is right in the following conversation...

Bob - Joe is homosexual

Joe - No I'm not

Bob - My mate said you were and I have no reason to disbelieve him

If there was ever a champion of missing the point entirely, you would win the contest. I'll try and break things down as simply as I can for you as you seem to have a problem understanding things...

1. Abramovich has numerous issues surrounding corruption in Russia. These have been well documented. There's also issues surrounding torture at the hands of Sheik Mansour. This is also true, and the fact these men own football clubs is something that turns the stomach of many a football fan.

However, that is a totally different issue to the reason why Goldberg is investigating Ali Syed.

2. Ali Syed claims to have a personal wealth of billions. Yes he is quite advanced through the process but you don't need to have a personal wealth of billions as previous owners have shown. You just need to have access to around £40 million in our case - whether it's your money, borrowed money etc - as Portsmouth and other cases showed it's possible for people like this to buy football clubs. The likes of Rothschilds etc would likely be doing business with whoever had owned Portsmouth too (well not the same people obviously, but people of their ilk).

That's why Goldberg is investigating Syed. Mansour and Abramovich may be nasty pieces of work but they're also established billionaires who were MAJOR players in their countries before they took over, whether the average man knew them in the street is irrevelant. Mansour practically owns UAE, Abramovich was best mates with Yeltsin, appeared on Forbes lists, was governor of a small part of Russia - their wealth was in no doubt.

Now can you not see the difference between those two men and Ali Syed, who may not have as many human rights abuses against his name but who claims to be in their league financially but has NOTHING LIKE the obvious claims to wealth that the other men have? Why are you even comparing them?!

3. Now let's go through the claims.

Goldberg and Syed's old landlord claims he skipped lots of rent and was chased for it. Syed denies this although admits he lived there (despite numerous blinkered members of this board still saying they don't think he even lived there). Goldberg then responds saying he has copies of numerous letters which were sent by bailiffs etc to Syed asking for the money*.

Goldberg brings up the CCJs. Syed admits this, although I'm sure he knows that unlike the rent issues which are a private contract issue, any denial of this could be easily proven otherwise. That's not to say he's definitely lying about the rent but there is a big difference between the two which can't be denied.

Goldberg goes digging round his home town - after all surely his home town would have knowledge of a billionaire around the area? It's hardly the wealthiest place in the world - a family worth billions over the last 150 years doing business in the area and owning lots of land would surely be well known for miles around?! Syed's team rebut this by saying he's from a different district and that's why they didn't get much. Not only do they neglect to mention it's a village 10 miles down the road, but Syed himself told 5 live he was from the area Goldberg looked. Goldberg asked Syed's team if he could broadcast the interview saying this, they for some reason declined, and so Goldberg didn't broadcast it*.

Goldberg brings up the multiple companies being closed in the UK and Canada for not filing any returns or having any activity. He acknowledges that whilst this does not necessarily suggest any wrongdoing, it is quite odd business practice. Which it surely is.

* - I've put this after two bits. Goldberg has bits of evidence here, one which seems to support the fact he was being chased for rent and one which seems to show Syed stating Bhongir was indeed where he was from. Whilst it may not be against the law to show these, as our professional journalist nicko has alluded to there's morals and journalistic ethics to consider. Places like the BBC will have a code that journalists will abide by. Broadcasting interviews that weren't meant for broadcast after being asked not to by the interviewee will likely go against such a code. Similarly, putting private letters on Facebook pages, even with the addresses blacked out would surely go against such a code too.

It is however VERY unlikely Goldberg would have made up the fact these letters and interviews exist, as they'd be left wide open to legal action and making up letters/interviews is an outright libellous offence, no contest. However if Syed's team were to dispute them and take legal action claiming he made those up, they would be perfectly permissible as evidence and no code would be broken as they'd be defending themselves.

So whilst there's no outright proof that Syed is a definite liar, there's multiple things he's said that simply don't add up. Even from his latest statement, Goldberg has evidence to the contrary. There's very good reasons why he can't produce them and equally very good reasons why it's highly unlikely he's lying about them.

3 days with my internet down and what do I come back to?.... Yep, TGM still playing the same Bloody record. Goldberg=fine upstanding individual who's every utterance shall be taken as gospel and preached throughout the land. Syed= one of the Devils little minions(or maybe even the "Big cheese" himself)who shall be slaughtered on sight.(or at the very least spanked on the botty and not allowed anywhere near our beloved Rovers) No offense mate, but give it a rest. We've got the message!

3 days with my internet down and what do I come back to?.... Yep, TGM still playing the same Bloody record. Goldberg=fine upstanding individual who's every utterance shall be taken as gospel and preached throughout the land. Syed= one of the Devils little minions(or maybe even the "Big cheese" himself)who shall be slaughtered on sight.(or at the very least spanked on the botty and not allowed anywhere near our beloved Rovers) No offense mate, but give it a rest. We've got the message!

Er..it's no more playing the same record as rebelmswar, bluerovers or anyone else who's taken an opposing view you dimwit.

The above is about as good a summation of my arguments as me summarising your post as saying you like to blow goats. Which may or may not be true, but it's not really what you posted now is it?

How about actually offering something to the discussion yourself, or does your single brain cell not allow that?

TGMC I may be drunk but the above post made sense. I would say though that I still think Goldberg is a prick and mikeb possibly his gay eunuch.

I agree that there are questions but perhaps my desire for sucess for the club blinkered my sight somewhat but I just dislike such journalism and feel that too many people jump on the bandwagon. The Salem witch trials wouldn't hve been much without screaming ninnies blindly following stuff that wasn't true.

Never had a problem with you, so screw it let's see what happens.

P.S. I didn't mean your verbal lashing of ottoman, the one before it.

TGMC I may be drunk but the above post made sense. I would say though that I still think Goldberg is a prick and mikeb possible his gay eunuch.

I agree that there are questions but perhaps my desire for sucess for the club blinkered my sight somewhat but I just dislike such jounism and feel that too many people jump on the bandwagon. The Salem witch trials wouldn't hve been much without screaming ninnies blindly following stuff that wasn't true.

Never had a problem with you, so screw it let's see what happens.

Not had a problem with you either, you've always presented your point of view well and actively participated in the discussion, even if I have disagreed with it on this particular topic...

Er..it's no more playing the same record as rebelmswar, bluerovers or anyone else who's taken an opposing view you dimwit.

The above is about as good a summation of my arguments as me summarising your post as saying you like to blow goats. Which may or may not be true, but it's not really what you posted now is it?

How about actually offering something to the discussion yourself, or does your single brain cell not allow that?

Ah methinks I've touched a nerve! :lol: I would have thought my withholding of comment would speak volumes in it's self( you see I like to be in possesion of the FACTS before ramming my two pennorth worth down others throats) or then I could have just been too busy blowing goats!

Ah methinks I've touched a nerve! :lol: I would have thought my withholding of comment would speak volumes in it's self( you see I like to be in possesion of the FACTS before ramming my two pennorth worth down others throats) or then I could have just been too busy blowing goats!

I'm as much in possession of the facts as almost everyone else posting in this thread...only their point of view matches the one you want to hear too doesn't it?

I forgot all your vintage contributions to this forum otto man, my bad...

Hey mods, can we have a function to either limit the number of posts one can post on this forum a day (maybe 10)? That would limit the number of irrelevant posts we read here everyday? Alternatively, maybe the mods can "suspend" posters for short periods if they continue to digress from the main topic.

I'm as much in possession of the facts as almost everyone else posting in this thread...only their point of view matches the one you want to hear too doesn't it?

I forgot all your vintage contributions to this forum otto man, my bad...

TGM...seriously no offence mate, but don't you have anything better to do? I thought I spent too much time here. But you seem to be on an all-out crusade. It takes too disturbingly large a chunk of my time just to read all this stuff, let alone partake in the inanity more than once a blue moon.

TGM...seriously no offence mate, but don't you have anything better to do? I thought I spent too much time here. But you seem to be on an all-out crusade. It takes too disturbingly large a chunk of my time just to read all this stuff, let alone partake in the inanity more than once a blue moon.

Number of posts in this thread:

rebelmswar 25

bluerovers 16

JohnD 14

Iceman 9

tony gale's mic 8

den 8

booth 7

Hughesy 5

I'm currently working as an A&E doctor, which means I'm mostly doing 3pm til 1am shifts for four months with bedtime usually at 4am.

So apart from helping save the lives of the general populace - no, I don't have much else better to do.

If discussing the 5 live findings as some of us are doing is inane, then discussing the discussions is beyond inane. And you must be one hell of an inane person to be doing that...

Archived