BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salgado interview

• Backroom

He was good but that was just about the worst defensive header I've ever seen, a perfect layoff for the Bolton player to hit the post

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was good but that was just about the worst defensive header I've ever seen, a perfect layoff for the Bolton player to hit the post

To be honest I think if he wouldnt have made that header the Bolton player would have had an easier finish than that and I think Salgado was at full stetch

• Backroom

Can't see what else he could have done there, he couldn't just leave it.

He's been playing long enough to know not to play a ball accross the 6 yard box.

The ball for olssons chance after the goal was sensational though

Salgado gives 110% - he is just like tugay i think!

No problem with that. I am sure I, like the vast majority of Rovers fans, are more than happy to have the two men spoken of in the same breath. 'Legend' is far more than what you do on the field and for me both deserve the title wholeheartedly. Salgado is an Ambassador for this club we love.

Salgado gives 110% - he is just like tugay i think!

Couldn't agree more sparkysrovers, great signing by Allardyce, a true professional and ambassador for the club.

It won't be long and he'll have legendary status, and one of those shirts the Rovers store to confirm it.

Salgado was a total legend at real for so many years, been good to have him around even if he does take the odd skinning, might be time to look for some new blood though for right back, not urgentbut probably our weakest defender now.

Salgado was a total legend at real for so many years, been good to have him around even if he does take the odd skinning, might be time to look for some new blood though for right back, not urgentbut probably our weakest defender now.

Certainly some merit in that Chris, pity we couldn't have landed him 2 or 3 season earlier.

Certainly some merit in that Chris, pity we couldn't have landed him 2 or 3 season earlier.

Toitally agree; but if we had, we wouldn't be singing, "He didn't cost a quid"! ;)

Salgado between the age age of 24 to 30 was probably the best right back in the world, pure class for spain and real particularly 2000 to 2005.

We did quite well getting him a 33, although not as good still a winner, I don't think he would have come at 30

Archived