BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 3

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with John, this is whole new territory for us after the years of stability and towards the end, stagnation of the Trust.era.

I''m fine with being seen as a 'pessimist' or whatever else, but after Portsmouth I'm easily spooked and make no apology for that.

However, if we are making a few signings of reasonable value and/or decent loans then I will be pretty happy on the 1st of Feb.

But, let's stop the sniping at posters that are concerned for the club.

Scudamore brought in a few extra rules during the summer in regards to preventing another Portsmouth happening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mattslater/2010/08/premier_league_bids_to_avoid_a.html

This bit is quite interesting,

First, any prospective new owner of a club will have to show proof of funds and explain their plan for the business. The much criticised "fit and proper person test" has become the "means and abilities test" the league previously shied away from.

Second, the would-be owner will have to do this in person, at the league's offices, within 10 days of a deal to buy the club being agreed in principle.

A face-to-face meeting, a few bank statements and a brief chat about how things might pan out? Sounds simple, doesn't it? But it would have prevented the Al Fahim and Ali Al Faraj interludes at Fratton Park.

[removed]

Just played FIFA 11 with Schalke 04 against Arsenal. Jermaine Jones was immense and scored a goal against Arsenal in Schalke's 2-0 win. He is ready for the prem!

He's got a sick Football Manager 11 profile as well.

He's got very impressive stats on basically every attributes needed for a defensive midfielder. Impressive mental abilities, physical and great at tackling.

His best attributes are:

Determination

Bravery

Tackling

Marking

Work rate

Concentration

Stamina

Balance

Acceleration

Teamwork

Everyone of those are close to 20, which is the maximum.

Description: "tenacious defensive midfielder"

Personality: "driven"

Perfect for rovers! .. if FM11 is correct :) And by the way, the game's rating of known players is quite spot.

we should be after robbie keane aswell ..birmingham are looking a very strong outfit - bentley , hleb and if they add keane - all players i would love to see at rovers

Bentley was good at crossing but he can't get the ball on to that midget's head.

6 Million for Keane's robbery.

He's got a sick Football Manager 11 profile as well.

He's got very impressive stats on basically every attributes needed for a defensive midfielder. Impressive mental abilities, physical and great at tackling.

His best attributes are:

Determination

Bravery

Tackling

Marking

Work rate

Concentration

Stamina

Balance

Acceleration

Teamwork

Everyone of those are close to 20, which is the maximum.

Description: "tenacious defensive midfielder"

Personality: "driven"

Perfect for rovers! .. if FM11 is correct :) And by the way, the game's rating of known players is quite spot.

If we are judging real life football with that of Football Manager (which is daft by the way), why was I never considered for the Blackburn job, having got them to finish 5th in my first season, and won the carling cup.

Ah I know why, Kentaro/SEM is not my agent.

If we are judging real life football with that of Football Manager (which is daft by the way), why was I never considered for the Blackburn job, having got them to finish 5th in my first season, and won the carling cup.

I'm not sure I agree with that. It's the most comprehensive scouting database available and it is highly respected, hence why Everton paid a lot of money to have access to it.

Obviously, a real manager should not use FM as a basis for singling out players that might be what the club needs.

But for us fans, FM can be a decent tool to see a player's attributes, wages, history etc.

Does it matter? Not really. But seeing as no one, barring a few, really knows much about him why not look him up on FM, youtube, FIFA etc? Those "tools" will never tell us exactly how he will perform in the premier league, but they will give us a few pointers.

I'm not sure I agree with that. It's the most comprehensive scouting database available and it is highly respected, hence why Everton paid a lot of money to have access to it.

Aye, £40 is pretty steep for Football Manager.

I remember when PC games were no more than £25.

Bet it killed Moyes having to shell out for a copy.

The Special One once admitted that he used FM to look at a player who had been suggested to him. It is a good measure of a players strengths and weaknesses. Also a lower league chairman rang the makers asking how they had got all these detais of his players' contract status and was told that one of the players had told all, so it is quite in depth and can be used by us fans to get excited over.

JJ is a good player.

Aye, £40 is pretty steep for Football Manager.

I remember when PC games were no more than £25.

Bet it killed Moyes having to shell out for a copy.

Q: "Why didn’t he buy the game and then use of the database search applications that are available?"

A: "The game wont have the most up to date data. SI will be amending the database all the time and it’s that data they are talking about."

http://www.vg247.com/2008/11/14/everton-fc-signs-si-games-fm-database/

Anyone who plays football manager will know Babacar is a striker we should definitely be looking at ;)

The Special One once admitted that he used FM to look at a player who had been suggested to him. It is a good measure of a players strengths and weaknesses. Also a lower league chairman rang the makers asking how they had got all these detais of his players' contract status and was told that one of the players had told all, so it is quite in depth and can be used by us fans to get excited over.

JJ is a good player.

Not sure which lower league side this was but I've spoken to a fair few players from lower leagues and in my experience they have all said their contract details are wrong. They're pretty close but they're not accurate. However I do agree that it is a good place to start if someone mentions a player you know little about.

I don't really think many people on here are in a position to speculate on how Jones is likely to fare in the Premiership.

It could literally go either way like all other foreign imports.

Past performances and reputation mean nothing when moving to a better league.

As a loan deal, I feel it could be a good bit of business for us. However, i'll reserve judgement until he's started a few games.

Archived