BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 3

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Larsson Has he been signed yet?

Bangkok its a case of IF with any signing. If we sign Adam, it will be IF he can continue to stand out amongst better players etc.

As for Larsson...Think the party line was something like'He's told his close pals' - worth noting his agent works with Venkys - wonder if he's a 'pal' ;)

Realistically?

RSC in for free

Jones in for free later today

Rochina from Barca more or less complete

Larsson set up for summer

Its ok saying 'in the pipeline' - but what Nicko says usually happens with Rovers. When was the last time we added 4 players of that ability in HALF a window?

NEVER!

Spot on Hughesy!

Bangkok its a case of IF with any signing. If we sign Adam, it will be IF he can continue to stand out amongst better players etc.

As for Larsson...Think the party line was something like'He's told his close pals' - worth noting his agent works with Venkys - wonder if he's a 'pal' ;)

Sure every transfer is a gamble but I think RSC is not right way forward. None of us would be surprised if he played to goals and then got injured for the rest of the season.

Theres a first then! :rolleyes:

Question for all - Charlie Adam @ £7.5m - leave or snap him up?

Snap him up immediately. If we can afford £2 million for five months work from Roque, an extra £5.5 for Adam seems a bargain. We are lacking real quality in the centre of midfield and Adam would provide that. If Venkys are serious about challenging for Europe etc. then fees of £7.5 million are not unreasonable. Whilst paying £1 or £2 million for players is a welcome infusion of cash, it's going to take considerably more than that if they want to become major contenders in this League.

Indeed, everything seems to be moving along nicely now. I think Roque coming in will be a massive boost to everyone who isn't naturally cynical.

Injury prone or not, we could easily lose any new signing to an injury in the first match due to the tempo of the EPL. Doesn't really matter who you sign or what you pay, there is always that risk.

Don't even argue.

If people aren't happy with "this" then there is something wrong with them.

In all seriousness, the only player that I know anything of is RSC. I assume that goes for you as well?

EDITED because I just realised that it might be taken the wrong way!

The problem with Roque is if he gets injured and say sent back to Citeh we have we used 2nd loan on a player we know is very injury prone.

Don't get me wrong if he does as well as he did in his first season for Rovers that would be great. But I can't see it happening.

I 100% agree that it's great that we are brining in new blood.

Rangers released Adam for just £500,00 so it's hard to see how his value has rocketed to £7.5m as has been suggested in such a short time..

Adam's a bit of a throwback to the Scottish players of auld in that he's very skilful and passes the ball well. However he does not have great pace and does get caught in possession at times through having too many touches. A good player, but not worth more than £5m in my opinion.

Funnily enough, Venky's said they had £5m to spare this window........

If RSC, Jones, Rochina and then Seb in the summer I am quite happy. I think we'll get one more this window aswell. These guys should be good for the squad so for me the Venkys has been good this window. No need to splash the cash too much in January anyway.

Know the £5 million has got a lot of coverage however Venky's emphasis has always been on leasing.

I would be content with things as long as we are not racking up loads of debt.....

I think they were talking about this window, not the future. This one is mostly about securing the squad and getting as high up as possible without going desperate.

The real spending should be done in the summer.

If RSC, Jones, Rochina and then Seb in the summer I am quite happy. I think we'll get one more this window aswell. These guys should be good for the squad so for me the Venkys has been good this window. No need to splash the cash too much in January anyway.

with all this quality coming in, we need to get rid of some of the wasters

really like the idea of Jones/adams(equivalent) CM partnership

I see Hughesy is getting carried away again. It is just conceivable that someone would pay £7.5m for Adam but it is not going to be Rovers. I'd hate to think what our accounts will look like if Venky's are willing to do something like that.

god i'm tired of your moaning.

The level pessimism on this board is like nothing I've ever seen anywhere else

Chin up guys - we are bringing people in - its progress over the old regime

Glass half full and all that…

It's only progress if the players we bring in actually contribute and move us up the table. If they don't it's time any money wasted. Charlie Adams at £7.5 million- I don't think so, lets let someone else try and get lucky with him.

Rangers released Adam for just £500,00 so it's hard to see how his value has rocketed to £7.5m as has been suggested in such a short time..

Adam's a bit of a throwback to the Scottish players of auld in that he's very skilful and passes the ball well. However he does not have great pace and does get caught in possession at times through having too many touches. A good player, but not worth more than £5m in my opinion.

Funnily enough, Venky's said they had £5m to spare this window........

It’s the January sales though Jim, so players prices are vastly inflated hoping to temp the desperate into dealing.

From what I hear he’s just the sort of player we need, but at more than 5m I’d be looking elsewhere.

Archived