BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 3

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome home Roque. I for one am happy that he is back for now and am sure he will assist with the development of Kalinic and Diouf 2. He is saying the right things about coming back and irrespective of what reason he went to City, he will hold Blackburn in a special place because of what we did for him. Just like Shearer really, and who would not have wanted him back from geordie land.

'Real Madrid and France striker Karim Benzema is willing to join Aston Villa on loan if the Spanish giants sign Manchester City's Emmanuel Adebayor.'

In the Mirror today.. This cannot be serious can it!? Get in on that Rovers!!

Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier.. 14 Pages since Nicko last night that I haven't checked through.

Thanks for that, I was beginning to think my scouting skills were not what they were. Anybody else think we can afford two Pedersen's in the team ? A very blind man on a very fast galloping horse can see our priority should have been 1) An attacking midfielder like Berkovic/Bohinen. 2) A defensive midfielder in the Batty/ Flitcroft mould. We're crying out for these players and have been for a while.

This Larssen guy is no better ( he's certainly no faster ) than what we've got and we've already got several players who can fulfil his role. I'm not bothered who his agent is, I'm bothered that he's not what we need. We've just recently started to play with pace down the flanks in Hoillet and Ollsen and what a difference a bit of pace makes. So now we sign a one paced chug a lug type player to play on the wing.

This Jones guy sounds like another player we've got who's name begins with G, let hope he's not a crock because we definitely need a player of his type. However he history makes Diouff sound like a choir boy though. He's got plenty of previous.

I don't enjoy being so negative but I don't like the way things are panning out at present.

You have to wonder about some people :wacko:

For years now the club has been hammered for signing nobody, a couple of proven premiership players and a champion’s league player look like signing and the idiots moan we don't need them.

Yes we need a creative midfield player, but so does most of the premiership! And the window isn’t closing yet, so put down the razor blades FFS

As Kamara would say UNBELIVEABLE

I dont disagree with you, but to come out with 'Everyone knows what Blackburn Rovers means to me' - Please......

I know it's not an excuse matey, but they are all advised by the same old PR and Media spiv's, they play this out because that's how they are coached / advised to and they all do it, I agree with your sentiment though, be nice if they were honest for a moment.

'Real Madrid and France striker Karim Benzema is willing to join Aston Villa on loan if the Spanish giants sign Manchester City's Emmanuel Adebayor.'

In the Mirror today.. This cannot be serious can it!? Get in on that Rovers!!

Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier.. 14 Pages since Nicko last night that I haven't checked through.

Tremendous player. I'd love him at Ewood Park. Looks like we'd rather have Santa Cruz though. Villa probably have an negotiating advantage with Houllier knowing Benzema.

I know it's not an excuse matey, but they are all advised by the same old PR and Media spiv's, they play this out because that's how they are coached / advised to and they all do it, I agree with your sentiment though, be nice if they were honest for a moment.

Couldnt agree more.

About Larsson, why is it so bad thing if he is a SEM/Kentaro client? It should be a good thing if we get good players by that connection. It´s a different story if they bring us s*it. And yes Hoilett may suffer but is it so terrible if we have two good players competing game time? It´s not nice if you have Grella or Andrews to choose and another one has to play. I hope Larsson will arrive.

confirmation of a possible past bid for Osvaldo ?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6662455,00.html

If anyoen is interested, I use this for all my Rovers news, it pulls in all the stories on Blackburn and their players from a search spider over the interweb, and then you get them all on the same page

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Blackburn+Rovers

cheers

If anyoen is interested, I use this for all my Rovers news, it pulls in all the stories on Blackburn and their players from a search spider over the interweb, and then you get them all on the same page

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Blackburn+Rovers

cheers

Aye but you get a LOT of crap. I'm being hypocritical though seen as I use it every five minutes.

I really really can't believe people are still complaining at this transfer window. Just because the club has been bought doesn't mean it is instantly going to become top 5 standard regardless of what the owners promised. I have said before that yes, their PR needs improving and they shouldn't be giving fans sensational stories to try and keep them happy because we are Blackburn Rovers.. Disappointment hits us harder than most. We have learned that to stay happy we usually have to lower our hopes and take anything above that as a bonus.

I love our club and I hope our owners can see what a loyal fanbase we have, people can complain but the reality is they're not going to leave so with that in mind what is the point in complaining over our signings!? We would have had nothing otherwise! Maybe Sam Allardyce would have signed us Bentley and possibly another big-ish name but all that would have happened would have been boring football with us slowly creeping up the table to settle for probably just below Europe again.. yeeeeyy fun!!

Under Steve Kean we should just wait and see, it's been too little time for judging and for all this ridiculous Kentaro/SEM crap. We have Santa Cruz back, whatever his attitude about leaving (who wouldn't have in his shoes big money and a club on the up) I'm sure he will be putting everything in to his performances for us and I hope we can sign him back permanently. 17.5 million or whatever it was was HUGE business for us and I don't think there should be any bitterness there.

On the Larsson link, again he's a decent player and we're getting him for free (if reports are correct) how can anybody complain at that!? There are some transfer targets dotted around that we may be missing out on but I can only think this is because we have others lined up. If we ended this window with a view to buy Santa Cruz and Larsson at the end of the season, with this Jones guy and Rochina and POSSIBLY Adam that is a huge window for Rovers. If people don't think that then they're just getting too big for their boots. Venky's have promised a minimum £5mil PER window not just this 1!! As long as we stay up and look to Summer and a higher finish next season I fail to see the negatives of the FIRST January of ownership.

Rant over...

I would like Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka as much as the next Rovers fan but that isn't going to happen so I'll settle for a good window as far as Rovers go and this in my opinion is much more positive than it would have been otherwise. Be grateful for what we have and let the squad build itself slowly, let it mould into a solid Europe qualification side. Then, if we establish ourselves as a top 6/7 Premiership side we can start to bid for brilliant players (not Messi Ronaldo etc I was exaggerating) but people will start to stand up and take notice.

PATIENCE

I bet the agents fee you are paying is massive to secure Larsson, not to mention his wages. Can't see why else he would choose rovers over Sunderland and Newcastle.

Maybe he fancies himself a nice white/blue kit, ----after all, not everyone looks good in stripes, be they black or red. Besides, your comment has the odd whiff of sour grapes, mb. :rover:

Archived