BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 3

Based on the world cup and champions league I don't think the Bundesliga can be labelled as inferior.

I believe bundesliga is as physical demanding as the premier league, which is good to know seeing as he is a defensive midfielder there.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot on. Someone believing all the Sky hype about the Premiership being the best league in the world again.

I don't subscribe to the opinion that the Premiership is the best league in the world, but nobody could argue that the it's not better than the Bundesliga?

Primera Liga is, in my opinion, the best league in the world, which will be demonstrated when Arsenal meet Barcelona next month.

in a business sense is adam's worth to the business 7mil will he make us 7 mil in league placing or cup runs? Will rocky make us 2 mil in loan fee's? possibly, its only 3 places three 1 - 0 wins with him scoring the only goal we would justify that!

I don't subscribe to the opinion that the Premiership is the best league in the world, but nobody could argue that the it's not better than the Bundesliga?

Primera Liga is, in my opinion, the best league in the world, which will be demonstrated when Arsenal meet Barcelona next month.

Depends on your perspective. In terms of attendances, ticket prices, league competitiveness, relative financial stability and a healthy relationship with the national team it's miles ahead.

Kean on transfers

He said: "It has surprised me how difficult it has been to even get a loan deal in.

"But it is ongoing. I don't know the timeframes because I thought everything would have happened a bit quicker but hopefully we will have some more additions soon."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/blackburn/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/01/14/SOCCER_Blackburn_Nightlead.html

I think a lot of players who have played in Bundesliga before coming to Premier have always adapted well from memory. Two classic examples are Van Der Vaart and De Jong.

Santa Cruz

:)

Owen Hargreaves, could there be an injury trend ?

In regards to quality of players, look no further than Primera Liga, In regards to entertainment value, PL wins hands down.

Kean on transfers

He said: "It has surprised me how difficult it has been to even get a loan deal in.

"But it is ongoing. I don't know the timeframes because I thought everything would have happened a bit quicker but hopefully we will have some more additions soon."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/blackburn/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/01/14/SOCCER_Blackburn_Nightlead.html

Soon, surely he should made more additions since that interview this morning, why is he saying soon when he cant stick to his promises, given us all false hope. Sack him immediately

I see Hughesy is getting carried away again. It is just conceivable that someone would pay £7.5m for Adam but it is not going to be Rovers. I'd hate to think what our accounts will look like if Venky's are willing to do something like that.

Compared to what? Trying to link ANYTHING to ANYTHING to make Venkys or your old mate Jerome look bad? Oh JJ's agents have offices in Brazil too - must be a link!! :rolleyes:

Sorry to p!ss on your parade but for the 1st time in about 5 years Rovers actually seem active in the transfer market, rather than just talking about it - and hoping we sell a player to make room for a Benjani. Sorry if you feel fans shouldnt be excited about seeing some progression! :blink::wacko:

sorry but that's nonsense mate. liverpool finished second in 2009. See the chart on the right on top 4 dominance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League#.22Big_Four.22_dominance

Since the 05/06 season, Barcelona and Real Madrid have dominated the top two, apart from the 07/08 season when Villareal came 2nd.

In the same time, Man United and Chelsea have dominated the top two, apart from the 08/09 season when Liverpool came 2nd.

I was refering to the top two and I don't see any differences in that respect!

I think a lot of players who have played in Bundesliga before coming to Premier have always adapted well from memory. Two classic examples are Van Der Vaart and De Jong.

Except Van Der Vaart came from La Liga. Tony Yeboah is a good example if you need a replacement :P

Since the 05/06 season, Barcelona and Real Madrid have dominated the top two, apart from the 07/08 season when Villareal came 2nd.

In the same time, Man United and Chelsea have dominated the top two, apart from the 08/09 season when Liverpool came 2nd.

I was refering to the top two and I don't see any differences in that respect!

fair do's. still disagree that the prem has been a two horse race as l'pool and arsenal have very much been in the mix over recent years. bar 07/08 the same is not so true of la liga.

any road, jones...

Archived