BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 3

I think they were talking about this window, not the future. This one is mostly about securing the squad and getting as high up as possible without going desperate.

The real spending should be done in the summer.

`well said get what we need now to secure a decent postion this season and in the summer really start flaunt the cash. januarys such a crazy time everyone panicing to get the players they want and paying over the odds.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with John, this is whole new territory for us after the years of stability and towards the end, stagnation of the Trust.era.

I''m fine with being seen as a 'pessimist' or whatever else, but after Portsmouth I'm easily spooked and make no apology for that.

However, if we are making a few signings of reasonable value and/or decent loans then I will be pretty happy on the 1st of Feb.

But, let's stop the sniping at posters that are concerned for the club.

Just read this on ClickLancashire :

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/blackburn-rovers-fc/128865-blackburn-rovers-boss-steve-kean-admits-interest-in-blackpool-fc-playmaker.html

This approach by Kean is a marked improvement on the "We are going to sign him & him & him...etc" from a couple of weeks ago.

Sounds to me like someone has had a quiet word in Venkys ear about the way to do football business.

-DL

RSC 2m

Jones 25kpw ?

Rochina 1m + 20k pw?

Getting pretty close to that 5m figure with agents fees ETC

Maybe Vaquez? will empty the piggy bank.

Now we'll see how deep their pockets are, or we need to start moving some squad players with value.

Jones' on £60k/w in Schalke according to reports. So it's £1,5M if we pay 100% and he'll sign for loan until end of season.

Gotta love this board. When the Ronnie saga was on it was "WTF? Why spend millions? Let's get in a few reliable performers at this level to add to the quality of the squad"

Now we are getting in a few reliable performers at this level to add to the quality of the squad, with some it's "WTF? Why haven't we spent millions?"

Just in from work,can someone please fill me in on today's events.

3 signings aswel as roque?

Obviously, Roque has signed for us, and is available for tomorrow's match against Chelsea.

We are strongly linked with Jarmaine Jones, a defensive midfielder playing in bundesliga.

We are still interested in Charlie Adam.

Not to mention the strong links to Ruben Rochina and Seb Larsson.

At west brom I said we were crying out for a box to box midfielder. I even said we needed that signing more than the attacking option of Adam. Jones looks like he could be that player. West brom were walking through our midfield at will with a pairing of Dunn and Gamst hardly renowned for their hard tackling.

This signing, if it happens, could be just what we need to kick on. I'm actually pretty excited about the upcoming games.

Wont actually get to a match until Wigan, but can't wait now.

No, he didn't get the chance to discuss those matters- we plumped for Ince.

I see Hughesy is getting carried away again. It is just conceivable that someone would pay £7.5m for Adam but it is not going to be Rovers. I'd hate to think what our accounts will look like if Venky's are willing to do something like that.

Agree totally with you about Charlie Adam, far too rich at £7.5m, I don't see anyone paying that either as he will also want a reasonable set of wages. If that is what Blackpool want then it will be a summer transfer, unless, of course, Adam throws an almighty paddy!

As an aside its their (Venkys) accounts, not ours.

Gotta love this board. When the Ronnie saga was on it was "WTF? Why spend millions? Let's get in a few reliable performers at this level to add to the quality of the squad"

Now we are getting in a few reliable performers at this level to add to the quality of the squad, with some it's "WTF? Why haven't we spent millions?"

Who's a reliable performer then? The bloke with one league season in eleven when he's scored more than 5 league goals, or the one with a shocking disciplinary record who missed all of last season through injury?

Very well said!

Rangers released Adam for just £500,00 so it's hard to see how his value has rocketed to £7.5m as has been suggested in such a short time..

Adam's a bit of a throwback to the Scottish players of auld in that he's very skilful and passes the ball well. However he does not have great pace and does get caught in possession at times through having too many touches. A good player, but not worth more than £5m in my opinion.

Funnily enough, Venky's said they had £5m to spare this window........

Seems to be the going rate for a decent midfielder who has proven he can cut it in the prem thought now.

How much did we sign Bents for? It cant of been more than a year later people were talking about him being worth 10m plus.

Agree with you on the description of Adam, he really is a throw back. In my opinion he is a rare kind of player nowadays and I would still be happy to get him for 7 million mainly because he offers something very different, he really is a classy player.

Who's a reliable performer then? The bloke with one league season in eleven when he's scored more than 5 league goals, or the one with a shocking disciplinary record who missed all of last season through injury?

Speaking of missing players, what happened to N'Zonzi, the "best holding midfield player since Patrick Vieira" according to some ?

Speaking of missing players, what happened to N'Zonzi, the "best holding midfield player since Patrick Vieira" according to some ?

Injured.

Although the philipinos are claiming he has been transported to the Planet Kentaro to be turned into a chicken.

Could be something in that one.

Lionel Messi? Too small.

Cristiano Ronaldo? Ego's too big, disappears during the big games.

Some of you lot, honestly.

Yeah, because that's an excellent comparison (!)

I'm not tearing my hair out at these signings, but I don't find them remotely exciting either.

Fact - neither RSC or Jermaine Jones are "reliable performers".

I would like to see Charlie Adam, that would be good and would excite me, but not for £7.5 million.

Yeah, because that's an excellent comparison (!)

I'm not tearing my hair out at these signings, but I don't find them remotely exciting either.

Fact - neither RSC or Jermaine Jones are "reliable performers".

I would like to see Charlie Adam, that would be good and would excite me, but not for £7.5 million.

After you with the razor blade. Try not to get blood all over the bathroom. :rolleyes:

Archived