BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not Dembele? If we get him and Barton, then with EHD we'll be bad boys. <_<

For those who can't detect sarcasm, I don't want Dembele, Barton or EHD. Not one of the three are old school hard men. Barton, for example, appears to beat up youngsters based on the historyd detailed above. Not what I would call "hard". In my opinion he is more of a pathetic bully, really. EHD isn't wicked, but he does suffer from lapses of judgment which otherwise undermines all the good that he does (and for those who don't know, EHD gives a LOT of money to charity). While the accusation of rape against Dembele isn't enough to torpedo him, that plus the allegations of drink driving and producing fake identification in total equal a big "avoid" in my book.

So far as I am concerned, we need to be cloning Nelson's character and injecting it into our squad.

80% of the footballers in Bulgaria get driving tickets, and the cops that book them are often drunk themselves. Not that that's an excuse if he really does regularly drink and drive, but there really has been no indication that that's the case. He has never caused trouble for Levski, besides rumor-mill allegations, and conducts himself as a professional. I very much doubt he'd come to Rovers and start making problems.

If this is true, I really think the Rovers should try to hijack this bid: http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1614/americans-abroad/2011/01/17/2310541/report-sunderland-readying-bid-for-usa-international-michael

Michael Bradley is an excellent midfielder and, I believe, popular with the USA soccer kids. He'd sell Rovers jerseys state side.

He was interesting Reading a month or so back.

I see Chelsea are interested in Alexis Sanchez and have been quoted €30m. Cracking player, wanted him as our Bentley replacement :/

Chelsea's bid rejected.Will be a good fight in the Summer.Manchester City & United,Chelsea,Barcelona,Real Madrid,Inter & Zenit all in the fight.

It will be interesting to see where Bale ends up too.

Apparently the Jones deal is tied up - nice move Rovers..................

http://www.footylatest.com/official-blackburn-sign-usa-international-midfielder/19128

Couple more in that will improve the team and this is the most optimistic i have felt about the Rovers for quite a few seasons - looking forward to Sunday`s match very much !

• Backroom

Apparently the Jones deal is tied up - nice move Rovers..................

http://www.footylatest.com/official-blackburn-sign-usa-international-midfielder/19128

Couple more in that will improve the team and this is the most optimistic i have felt about the Rovers for quite a few seasons - looking forward to Sunday`s match very much !

Don't read too much into that article.. they have Vince Grella as being American too! :blink:

Todays Metro reporting:-

"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes he can rectify his injury problems in defence by signing a midfielder. The frenchman wants Blackburn's Steven Nzonzi to play the holding role"

Guest linganzi

If kean returns from India with some money for Adam we can expect more hilarious backtracking from holloway. Mornings has changed, its down to money and the player

Excellent news in the LT.

Samba is added to Nelsen and Robinson as players Kean wants to tie into new contracts.

Does this mean he now likes the way the new owners work? I'm going to need helping out, I thought everyone wanted out now Sam had left? When does the crisis start?

Does this mean he now likes the way the new owners work? I'm going to need helping out, I thought everyone wanted out now Sam had left? When does the crisis start?

Or it's neither and they all just want more money.

LT Story today….

J Jones expected to be unveiled as a signing today after the deal was agreed yesterday. (Just seen – confirmed on official site now)

Kishanishvilli, Brown, Chimbonda & Rigters will all leave when their contracts expire, if not before.

Doran, Morris, Goulon all expected to go out on loan

Diouf available and his agent touting him around…

Samba, Salgado, Roberts (extra 12 mths) & Robbo (lifetime) all in talks over longer deals

If someone who's apparently been looking for a transfer for the last 12 months, and since his last new contract, gets yet another new contract, it's ridiculous. Surely it includes yet another raise - for what?

If someone who's apparently been looking for a transfer for the last 12 months, and since his last new contract, gets yet another new contract, it's ridiculous. Surely it includes yet another raise - for what?

For being one of our best players - would much rather he was awarded another pay rise than lose him to another club. He has performed well, when in your day job, you would expect a rise at the end of the year if you have worked your socks off ?

If he signs a new contract, doe sthat not give a statement that he has changed his mind about the club, and he is seeing positives around teh place, as well as the money rise he would get somewhere else.

I have no issue at all with him getting more money, not ridiculous at all Budha

To stop the mutiny obviously!

For being one of our best players - would much rather he was awarded another pay rise than lose him to another club. He has performed well, when in your day job, you would expect a rise at the end of the year if you have worked your socks off ?

If he signs a new contract, doe sthat not give a statement that he has changed his mind about the club, and he is seeing positives around teh place, as well as the money rise he would get somewhere else.

I have no issue at all with him getting more money, not ridiculous at all Budha

If you have worked your socks off, yes. If you have tried to maneuver a transfer since your last new contract (and raise), gone to the papers to bitch about new owners and sacking of the previous manager, no. If he signs a new contract, that just enhances the player power and Samba will be looking for a transfer in the summer.

Whilst I don’t really agree with a player getting ANOTHER new contract, not long after signing the last one….at least it shows that we intend to keep our best players for a change.....and makes a mockery of the theory that we want to sell Samba.

Archived