BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

I was just going through a few old photos of my time at La Masia and I stumbled across this photo.

You might recognise a few of the faces on the photo, but I'd like to point out that the fella on the bottom row 2nd from the right, (the one giving Messi a big gay hug) is our fella Victor Vasquez.

file:///C:/Users/Wasim/Desktop/Messi-Pique-Cesc-La-Masia-days.jpg

Hope that has come out right.

I have nothing more to add.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just looking through the photos of my time at La Masia. I have attached a photo with a few familiar faces on it. One you might not recognise is our friend Victor Vasquez. He is the on the bottom row 2nd from the right. The one who is giving Messi a great big gay hug. Hope that during that contact with "The Flea" some magic might have transferred across to VV.

Messi-Pique-Cesc-La-Masia-days.jpg

Whens Joey Barton signing.

Proven, reliable, and most of all a fighter, centre mid sorted. Instead of all this dilly dallying with johnny foreigners.

Still big Question marks over Steve Kean's ability.

Barton is a thug. Vile person. Diouf is one thing but Barton is another. One is a pain, the other is a criminal who in any other profession would have been fired years ago.

Questions over Kean? Well obviously. Clearly we still dont know much about it. So far its been encouraging. The style of football is better, the results are as solid as they were under Sam and Hoillet/Olsson look like they might really be able to step up. Disagree?

Barton is a thug. Vile person. Diouf is one thing but Barton is another. One is a pain, the other is a criminal who in any other profession would have been fired years ago.

Questions over Kean? Well obviously. Clearly we still dont know much about it. So far its been encouraging. The style of football is better, the results are as solid as they were under Sam and Hoillet/Olsson look like they might really be able to step up. Disagree?

Don't bite, there's no point. The same thing will be said tomorrow regardless of anything. Just ignore.

Despite your own personal revulsions of Joey Barton, adding him to Rovers midfield will ensure results as hes proven at this level.

Rovers are crying out for Joey Barton. Not only would he be a welcome replacement for the missing central midfield vacancy but also he'd be a good replacement for David Dunn if he chose to leave.

I think its been widely documented that VV was rated HIGHER than Fabregas or Messi at the age of 15-16. His progress was stalled by injuries, which have been recurring.

...and now he cant run.... great ! :wacko:

I was just looking through the photos of my time at La Masia. I have attached a photo with a few familiar faces on it. One you might not recognise is our friend Victor Vasquez. He is the on the bottom row 2nd from the right. The one who is giving Messi a great big gay hug. Hope that during that contact with "The Flea" some magic might have transferred across to VV.

Great photo!

Are you in the picture or behind the camera?

• Backroom

Not confident of either RR or VV after Kean's comments about it going backwards on Friday, hope I am wrong though would love to see either here, I just think Nicko's nightly update may be bad news on those fronts.

Let's face it they may not make it but signing players for Barca's reserves is a lot more exciting than MK Dons.

Not confident of either RR or VV after Kean's comments about it going backwards on Friday, hope I am wrong though would love to see either here, I just think Nicko's nightly update may be bad news on those fronts.

Let's face it they may not make it but signing players for Barca's reserves is a lot more exciting than MK Dons.

But the end result might well be the same. These lads are low key, backdoor signings and should not seen in anyway header signings for the club.

• Backroom

I agree with that but rightly or wrongly 2 lads signing from Barca will give the fans a bit of something to look forward to.

I'm not one for conspiracies or that sort of thing but if Nicko's article is true about Diouf, Chimbonda, Linganzi and Goulon being shipped out it does smell a bit of getting rid of some Allardyce signings and bringing in Kean's own. Not saying that's a bad thing but I would like to retain Linganzi.

I'd like them both! Vasquez and Rochina.

I think buying both would help them settle in the area, something the Hispanics seem to struggle with.

Hipsanics failing too settle? What like salgado, roque, Campo, Hierro, Ronaldo et al? I dont seem too remember too many hispanic players in the area who have been failures... the uk has a pretty good all round record(fedragas etc), some shocking failures but these tend too overshadow the fact that quiet a few have won great accolades over here and just as many brits fail too settle in new clubs, imo they are just more open about saying they want too go home if they have issues settling.

I reckon with Salgado here its perfect timing for us too have a few young spanish lads over.

Which reminds me.. anyone know how hernandez has done? (highly rated kid signed last summer)

I agree with that but rightly or wrongly 2 lads signing from Barca will give the fans a bit of something to look forward to.

I'm not one for conspiracies or that sort of thing but if Nicko's article is true about Diouf, Chimbonda, Linganzi and Goulon being shipped out it does smell a bit of getting rid of some Allardyce signings and bringing in Kean's own. Not saying that's a bad thing but I would like to retain Linganzi.

I agree, I'd be glasd to see the back of those but Linganzi is O.K.

But the end result might well be the same. These lads are low key, backdoor signings and should not seen in anyway header signings for the club.

When scouts who's job it is spot talent and potential say the Vazquez is the dogs ................. I think it is fair to say they are better than your run of the mill squad players we have been buying for a number of years.

As he previously stated in the post earlier, trying to oust Messi and the likes out of the Barca team is nigh on impossible.

As a feasible example who do you deem to be header signings?. Just interested on your thoughts

WOW - Class of 2002....you a youth team member too? Who are you if you dont mind us asking....?

So we have Pique, Cesc, Messi, Vazquez....who else? What a youth team that is!

You might even be able to sell it to a certain journo if we do sign them both ^_^

Its off google images mate....so struggle to get the copyright for it

Agree by signing both of them, will help then settle in more, plus Salgado can take them under his wing.

roque, keano and jensen all spanish speakers too. plus french speakers often have no problem with spanish and vice versa.. not a bad welcome.

i really hope we get these two.

When scouts who's job it is spot talent and potential say the Vazquez is the dogs ................. I think it is fair to say they are better than your run of the mill squad players we have been buying for a number of years.

As he previously stated in the post earlier, trying to oust Messi and the likes out of the Barca team is nigh on impossible.

As a feasible example who do you deem to be header signings?. Just interested on your thoughts

He wants Barton.

Unless I missed the irony

Atleast this shows certain posters on here exactly what the going rate of a top quality, proven goal scorer costs. Maybe we can leave the unrealistic world where people expect A. young, D. Bentley etc to have any form of interest in a move to Rovers.

but we can get excited about Beckham and Ronaldinho?

He wants Barton.

Unless I missed the irony

Right, can I just ask, for the people who would advocate Barton.

Do you have no ethical line? Surely the fact he is a complete tosser should mean you don't want him here. We aren't talking about a bit of a bad attitude here ala Diouf, we're talking full blown criminal thug. You wouldn't p!ss on him if he was on fire, just in case he got up and broke your face.

I would never pay £20m for a player that is not a England regular. He was crap at Spurs so Im just glad we dont pay silly money. Invest it on 3 really good players instead.

If we get Rochina, Jones and Vazquez its really good.

I think the Santa Cruz loan will pay off.

In Santa Cruz, Kalinic, Mame Biram Diouf, Benjani and Roberts we have enough strikers.

The midfeld is priority now!

Archived