BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diouf out and replaced by Larsson...surely that's a joke right?...Diouf has been one of our most consistant performer this season...there's way many more to get rid of before him, like...Dunn, Grella, Emerton....

A joke?

• A player 5 years younger
  • current international
  • better stats this season in a poorer team
  • doesn’t cause as much controversy
  • works hard at tracking back
  • will be asking for less than diouf at around £30k

FOR FREE …. :tu:

WHY is that a joke? :blink:

Larsson – Prem 10/11 – 1 goal, 4 assists, 25 shots in 20 games

All UK games – 2 goals, 5 assists

Source

Diouf - Prem 10/11 – 0 goals, 3 assists, 20 shots in 20 games

All UK games – 0 goals, 4 assists

Source

Some dead ball stats from 2008…

deadball.jpg

Source

I told Nicko a couple of days ago that something big was going to happen with Darren Bent.

Well for him to hand in a transfer request then there must have been some contact and indication of wages, etc.

I don't blame him for wanting to get out of the North East but it is just a bit surprising he is going to you, no offence. I would think he has proven himself as a top forward now, better than a goal every other start at Sunderland.

Yeah I am surprised he wants to join Villa, it all seemed rosey at Sunderland and far from it here. Big statement of support for Houllier from Lerner. To be fair though I look at our players and I still can't believe we lie where we lie, I am sure we can have a strong second half of the season.

Whilst I am happy with the signing if it were to happen though it's always scarey when you're forking out champs league fees when you're nowhere near a champs league team or with that revenue stream.

Yeah I am surprised he wants to join Villa, it all seemed rosey at Sunderland and far from it here. Big statement of support for Houllier from Lerner. To be fair though I look at our players and I still can't believe we lie where we lie, I am sure we can have a strong second half of the season.

Whilst I am happy with the signing if it were to happen though it's always scarey when you're forking out champs league fees when you're nowhere near a champs league team or with that revenue stream.

It´s thanks to Houllier why Villa lie where they lie, horrible manager.

It´s thanks to Houllier why Villa lie where they lie, horrible manager.

Probably something to do with our entire central midfield and strike force being unfit for most of the season as well one would think.

He started bad had a lot of rows with the players but they've mostly all reconciled those differences, Dunne is playing well again and we're playing ok now. I have no problem with how Houllier does things, and I had massive problems with how MON did things.

You know MON barely did a stitch of training with them in pre-season. He sold us up the river because we wouldn't let him buy people until he sold his crap signings who were in huge wages, he bottled it and ###### off 3 days before the season began and now his next career move looks like West Ham, he's a tosser, it's no wonder we were in turmoil with his lazy arrogant approach to being our manager over summer.

Wow, can only assume Villa are offering him mega bucks.

Didn't Martin O'Neil walk away due to lack of backing in the transfer market, even after all his top players been sold off? All of a sudden they have money to burn. Martin O'Neil will be fuming having seen Villa's transfer activity so far in January. I suppose Randy Lerner see's it as a worth while investment if his goals keep Villa up this season.

One ting is for sure, they have shown their cards now, if they want Samba that bad, they are going to have to show us the colour of their money, same would go for Adam at Blackpool as well.

Good signing though, hasn't really been at his best this year but still has 11 goals in 23 appearances to his name.

Villa need to keep hold of Young though. No point buying a gun, without having someone to supply the bullets.

haha Steve Bruce gets what he deserves. Wonder were they will be without his goals.

On the flip side this must mean that SAFC have money for Adam now.

Agree but Sunderland have Cattermole and Henderson centre mid, will certainly make things a lot more interesting though.

haha Steve Bruce gets what he deserves. Wonder were they will be without his goals.

On the flip side this must mean that SAFC have money for Adam now.

Gyan and Wellbeck seem to be doing ok (though i haven't looked closely at their stats).

£18 million for Bent? If i was Bruce I would snap their hands off, way too much money for him.

Now we know that Villa have the cash I expect we will put up our price for Samba.

why do people want to get rid of emerton - yeh we might be getting in larsson but emerton over diouf any day ..he is getting older but hes probably just as fit as the younger players ..he has fantastic energy and his ability to play in 4 positions is also a plus also ..

Spot on. A player like this is invaluable for any club let alone a club like Rovers who cannot afford to carry the biggest of squads.

The Daily mail has a story on this;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1347922/Darren-Bent-verge-24m-switch-Aston-Villa.html

Apparently, 18M rising to 24M with add-on's...

Amazed Sunderland are letting him go

Amazed that Bent wants to go to Villa

Amazed if no else comes in for him (although who could afford it?)

Every player has his price and that's a good price, IMO, for Bent.

Don't forget, they've signed the lad Gyan for at least £4m cheaper.

Looks good business to me.

Atleast this shows certain posters on here exactly what the going rate of a top quality, proven goal scorer costs. Maybe we can leave the unrealistic world where people expect A. young, D. Bentley etc to have any form of interest in a move to Rovers.

Archived