BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

Hopefully that will mean teams will try and out bid each other OR at least get him off our hands ASAP which releases valuable transfer funds/free up wages.

So let me get this straight get rid of diouf and then buy Jones have you seen this guys record hardly got on with his managers and his injury record isn't too clever either. Having said that he looks tough as rocks in midfield and certainly can pass the ball-what we've been missing. but if kean can't handle diouf i'd like to see him handle the jones as portrayed by some of the german media.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1347769/Steve-Kean-prepared-let-nasty-El-Hadji-Diouf-leave-Blackburn-cut-price-deal.html?

Steve Kean prepared to let 'nasty' El-Hadji Diouf leave Blackburn in cut-price deal

Barclays Premier League sides are already showing interest with Blackburn considering a cut-price sale. Agent Willie McKay said: 'El-Hadji is looking to make a fresh start. He is a good player and there is plenty of interest.'

Kean confirmed Blackburn are signing Jermain Jones on loan from Schalke and is ready to offer QPR and Wigan target Jason Roberts, 33, a new contract. QPR want Benni McCarthy on loan from West Ham .

So let me get this straight get rid of diouf and then buy Jones have you seen this guys record hardly got on with his managers and his injury record isn't too clever either. Having said that he looks tough as rocks in midfield and certainly can pass the ball-what we've been missing. but if kean can't handle diouf i'd like to see him handle the jones as portrayed by some of the german media.

Diouf is looking to leave. He has even got himself a new agent.

I don't think anyone at Rovers really wants to stop him.

We will see if there is any movement before the window shuts.

However it would not surprise me if he ends up going abroad.

Neil Warnock will be pleased... :lol:

There will be a few coming and going by the start of next season.

Sorry for lateness, could not see the keyboard for all of the cigar smoke after the Eddie Howe coup.

Diouf is looking to leave. He has even got himself a new agent.

I don't think anyone at Rovers really wants to stop him.

We will see if there is any movement before the window shuts.

However it would not surprise me if he ends up going abroad.

Neil Warnock will be pleased... :lol:

There will be a few coming and going by the start of next season.

Sorry for lateness, could not see the keyboard for all of the cigar smoke after the Eddie Howe coup.

Out with problem child diouf in with problem child jones-nice :)

That's because, outside of this message board, most people are aware that he makes a living by putting cheap cuts of meat on the fragile bones of rumour and innuendo.

Where have you been? I hope you've not been sulking.

How did that Venky's are skint campaign of yours work out...

Not so good? Shame.

Will this mean there's more chance of signing Seb Larsson now?

I am told Larsson is signing. Either summer or before the window shuts.

If Diouf left sooner I suspect it would be more likely the latter.

ANy news on Adam Nicko?

Adam is telling anyone at Blackpool who will listen that he wants to go.

However he is under contract, so the price is up to them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1347769/Steve-Kean-prepared-let-nasty-El-Hadji-Diouf-leave-Blackburn-cut-price-deal.html?

Agent Willie McKay said: 'El-Hadji is looking to make a fresh start. He is a good player and there is plenty of interest.'

Oh gawd, is he still on the premises stinking the place out?

(The agent, not the player.)

I don't really get this- we have RSC, MB Diouf, Kalinic, Benjani with Blackman out on loan and Rochino coming in yet JR is getting a new contract?

But at the end of the season we will only have Kalinic as things stand assuming the eventual intention is to sell Blackman on.

Would you not agree Roberts is a decent 3rd or 4th choice striker?

Would you not agree Roberts is a decent 3rd or 4th choice striker?

That all depends on where we want to be.....Top 6 type side, then no, struggling then maybe.

We need to aim higher than JR, no matter how many we have in summer. There is no rush on JR, so why not wait till summer & see where things with RSC, MB Diouf have gone + whatever else has become available through agent contacts.

I'll pass on that one, Rev. Roberts when he can be bothered can make a nuisance of himself and keep defenders occupied, he can run a bit and chip in the (very) odd goal. Roberts yesterday was an embarrassment. Unfortunately we seem to see more of the latter ...

Dunny is an Allardayce man. That's why Hughes re-signed him 3 years ago, because he was an Allardyce man :blink:

blink all you want cruz...

Dunn

“The majority of the players are absolutely gutted and feel very disappointed by the decision,” he said. “At this moment in time my view is that the decision is very disappointing.

“Who knows what will happen in the future? At this moment as a Blackburn Rovers fan it is a results business and I personally felt Sam Allardyce was the right man for the job of getting results.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8744591.David_Dunn__Blackburn_Rovers_fans_can_help_lift_us/

I'd be sorry to see Diouf leave if he does go. Always enjoyed watching him because he's one of the few players at Rovers who can retain possession of the ball under pressure. He may have lost pace but more than compensates for the intelligence of his play. He very rarely gives the ball away. He's what I'd call a proper footballer.

I'd go with that. His committment has helped make him a crowd favourite too.

The club will be better off without him but if we let him go and don't fill that gap I will be 1 confused fella. Letting him go on a free is just a gift to someone and no doubt it will be another mid table rival so I can see the benefit. Decent fee decent sale, free.. Watch him come back to haunt us

:blink:

You already are one confused fella now imo.

Our owners have so far not splashed the kind of cash that clubs like Leeds did though. Although we're probably paying a large part of Santa Cruz's wages it's a short term deal, not like the Seth Johnson story of signing for Leeds.

Are they? We sold RSC to ManC in 2009 for an alleged 17-18 million. Was that all paid in a lump sum? I suspect that it is paid over time, so ManC owes us still. How likely is it that checks are crossing in the mail, which results in no net outlay? It would take someone familiar with club finances, or an ace reporter like Nicko, to say for sure though.

Hearing Dunny himself is claiming he might be moving has anybody else heard the same or similar noises.

Selling him is only prudent. Time is not making him any more valuable.

on SSN has just said that EHD can leave rovers on a free transfer and one PL club is interest but are in the bottom 3.

Then we could sign Seb Larrson now rather than wait to the summer. would tie in to what nicko was saying

Both good news. EHD maybe a good footballer, and is not as bad as Barton, but I would prefer better role models at the Rovers.

Don't get me wrong. I admire steel and "bite". But when taking a man's legs, one would do well to avoid adding insult to injury.

I'm excited about Johnson, I really think that's the positions we've been struggling for since n'zonzi got injured. Hopefully we can shift keef and have grella put down.

I'd let Dunn go. If Vasquez is half as good as he looks he'll take dunn's place. I can't see how anybody can complain about our transfer operations so far.

We just need to sort the left back now and I'll be happy.

Agreed on all counts. I'm excited about the Barca B players. Young B players might mature to 'A' players, and I think the Rovers are an excellent club for a young ambitious footballer to make his reputation.

But the hard nosed box to box midfielder is Jermaine Jones, not Johnson. Close enough for communication's sake, though.

If you pay peanuts you'll get monkeys.

Bananas? I though elephants were paid peanuts.

I have heard Keith Andrews is wanted by Sheffield Wednesday, any truth in this? They have already spent some money already this month so they should be able to afford him!

Sell him ASAP.

Kean confirmed Blackburn are signing Jermain Jones on loan from Schalke and is ready to offer QPR and Wigan target Jason Roberts, 33, a new contract. QPR want Benni McCarthy on loan from West Ham.

Why Roberts? I don't get this. In my opinion, he is overpaid, aging and has an easily replaceable aptitude/skill set.

If we are clearing house, move on Roberts, Chimbonda, Grella, Andrews, Dunn and EHD. We can do better, cheaper and with players young enough to improve, if Venkys is willing to fund the transfers.

If we are clearing house, move on Roberts, Chimbonda, Grella, Andrews, Dunn and EHD. We can do better, cheaper and with players young enough to improve, if Venkys is willing to fund the transfers.

Agree, but would probably rather sell Emerton and keep EHD.

Agree, but would probably rather sell Emerton and keep EHD.

We probably could sell Emerton and not miss him. His tournament jaunt has not demonstrated that he is a critical figure in the club.

My objection to EHD is not his skills [though at this point I think he is fairly limited as a footballer and we can get a better player], it's his reputation. I don't know whether he's done half of what he's been accused of, but I would appreciate the drama being played out at someone else's club. Newcastle, for example. I think he'd fit right in.

Archived