BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

I'd be sorry to see Diouf leave if he does go. Always enjoyed watching him because he's one of the few players at Rovers who can retain possession of the ball under pressure. He may have lost pace but more than compensates for the intelligence of his play. He very rarely gives the ball away. He's what I'd call a proper footballer.

Yes. But he often stops play these days, which makes counter-attacks less effective.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest linganzi

The point about his experience is a good one. I'd rather have him playing for us than frustrating us,or winning bolton a dubious penalty

Yes. But he often stops play these days, which makes counter-attacks less effective.

Stops play or keeps possession ? Depends you look at it. We have so many "running" players at the club it's good to watch someone who enjoys having the ball at his feet and retaining the ball until it is the right time to pass to a team member. Roberts is the worst at retaining possesion of course, having lumps of concrete in his boots instead of feet.

I'm no longer allowed to post anything directly negative about the new owners, the manager, Kentaro or Jerome Anderson. Only positive spin can be applied from now on.

The same applies to you and everybody else who wishes to post on here so you'll have to get used to it.

btw 2 Don't blame the owners / admin of the board either!

Blimey!! :o Do you think Phillipl, Paul, JAL, Mecerman etc, etc, etc are aware of this?

other than falling down and getting free kicks, he does (Please don't use that word again) all else. add that to the fact that i have detested him since he spat at a fellow professional in Arjan de Zeeuw, back in 2004. disgusting doesn't come close....made it all worse when he signed for us.

This is categorically untrue.

Diouf was excellent for us when he first signed and has been a consistently good performer this season as well. He was a bit off for large swathes of last year, but other than that has always put in a good shift for us.

I was livid yesterday whilst watching SSN, with Jeff Stelling and the other pundits laying into Diouf, making out that he doesn't belong in football and then immediately running an interview with Joey 'The Sociopath' Barton like he's some sort of reformed character who everybody's been a bit harsh on.

Pretty sure that as unpleasant as swearing and spitting is, Diouf has never put a cigar out in someone's eye, punched a child or beaten up a fellow player to the point where that person may have suffered permanent visual damage.

I would hate to see Diouf forced out of Rovers as some sort of 'clean image' campaign when Joey Barton and Andy Carroll are still in the game. Just because they're possible England call-up candidates, the media doesn't give them such a hard time.

I used to hate EHD after his match winning penalty dive for notlob at Ewood......

I now believe him to be one of our most effective players........

My son has been told by someone who is employed to assist him most days that he claims to be unhappy at Rovers since BFS was sacked.......

I am sure he would love to rejoin his mates at t'breezeblock.......

Que sera sera an' all that...........

Glenn, you must admit that nicko rather does over egg the pudding on occasions. Coyle was one and similar with his sudden overwhelming support for Steve Kean. Where did that come from? :wacko: Sorry but I don't buy into divine inspiration, burning bushes and the face of God appearing in the clouds. Adams is as good as he is, Lionel Messi he is not.

What do Owen Coyle, Steve Kean, Charlie Adam and Nicko have in common, Gordon?

They're all Scottish.

With regards to the possible departure of EHD, I believe the reason is that the owners want get rid of another embarrassment to the club. They are intent on us playing good, clean, exciting football and want rid of any bad apples which may damage their image.

I'd be sorry to see Diouf leave if he does go. Always enjoyed watching him because he's one of the few players at Rovers who can retain possession of the ball under pressure. He may have lost pace but more than compensates for the intelligence of his play. He very rarely gives the ball away. He's what I'd call a proper footballer.

Yes, the best at ball retention in the squad by a mile!

Except when defending near his own penalty area and, having won possession, trying to play his way out instead of clearing his lines, thereby getting caught in possession.

I think this article explains a lot. A leopard never changes its spots, no matter how much Kean pleads with him. Sam seemed to get a good shift out of him, probably the only manager who has, not sure he fits in with Kean's plans, and I doubt he wants to have to deal with the problems he creates on a regular basis.

I think someone else summed him up well, he sort of player you would prefer to have on your team than play agaisnt, gets under the skin of the other team and their fans. Don't think he offers much more than that though, and with Hoilett, Ollson, MGP, Emo, and maybe Larsson and VV we will have lots of options out wide.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1347333/Change-nasty-Blackburn-boss-Kean-wants-Diouf-change-row-QPR.html

Succesful management in all walks of life, when moving into a different arena, is firstly about finding your feet and understanding and then making changes that are going to be progressive and add value.

This is what the new owners at Liverpool seem to be doing. Arguably, our new owners may have done too much too soon.

Keane needs to be aware of making too many changes at just past the half way stage in the season. Up to maybe six in and possibly up to the same number out out, if rumours are to be believed, is one hell of a change.

A dressing room needs to gel and the individuals need to understand one another. Sam put our slowish start last season down to this and that was after a pre season together. Steve Keane beware!

• Backroom

Thats the thing with him he may be frustrating but can eat up vital seconds towards the end of the game and keep possession for us.

Ideally he'd be no more than a squad man but effective to have in the squad.

And the individuals also need to be good footballers and stay fit most of the season. So, we need more players.

If we have Phil Jones, Grella, N'Zonzi, Andrews, Dunn injured, Emerton away, that leaves us with one centre midfielder and an addapted one (Pedersen). So we need at least 2 or 3 centre midfielders.

Our strikers are poor, we need a better alternative that Santa Cruz if he stays fit.

I would also say we need a left back, a young right back and we will need a centre defender if Samba leaves. So, 6 players in is not too much.

What do Owen Coyle, Steve Kean, Charlie Adam and Nicko have in common, Gordon?

They're all Scottish.

With regards to the possible departure of EHD, I believe the reason is that the owners want get rid of another embarrassment to the club. They are intent on us playing good, clean, exciting football and want rid of any bad apples which may damage their image.

Except when defending near his own penalty area and, having won possession, trying to play his way out instead of clearing his lines, thereby getting caught in possession.

Would suggest you look at the stats, maybe thats happened once, but no one in the side can retain the ball as well as he can, he's on his way cos he is a 'Sam Man'

McAllister today - seems like they haven't been knocked back, yet!

After the match, assistant coach Gary McAllister was asked about the bid made for Charlie Adam which has led to a row between the two clubs and Tangerines boss Ian Holloway admitting he has the "raving hump" about the saga.

He said: "Its a difficult one to comment on because I feel weve done everything very professionally.

"Weve gone right through the front door at Blackpool with an offer and thats where I want to leave it.

McAllister went on to admit that the Villa Park club are still very interested in Adam and have in fact made a bid for the highly rated Blackpool man.

"Weve made a bid and we are very keen. We need to wait for a response."

Would suggest you look at the stats, maybe thats happened once, but no one in the side can retain the ball as well as he can, he's on his way cos he is a 'Sam Man'

Oh come on Kelbo. We dont know for certain that EHD is on his way and we will never know for certain that if he does it's down to him being a "Sam man".

I havn't seen EHD in the flesh for a while but what I did see was good sometimes, not so good others and generally average. He's just about justified his transfer fee (not sure about wages.)

The manager may well have decided that he wants a change on our right hand side and would appear to be going for a younger, upgrade(in his opinion) in the form of Larsson.

Really no need for the negativity.

Regarding EHD like Steve Kean says you couldn't wish to meet a nicer guy off the pitch - nothing at all like the pantomine villain he turns into when he crosses the white line. And I don't think he did anything wrong in the QPR game - I was shouting a lot worse from the stand! :blush:

However as a player like several others I don't think he offers a lot other than collapsing theatrically under pressure to win us a free kick.

As for Dunny I'm mystified how a player can go from being so good last season to looking so knackered this season in so short a space of time. Having said that if you don't look after yourself properly as it's alleged he doesn't then I presume you're going to hit a brick wall sooner or later.

If we can get a fee for either I think we'd be foolish to turn it down.

So Kean allegedly doesn't like Diouf ergo he is now one of our best players and is being forced out by sinister hands.

Pathetic.

He's quite good at what he does but is on big wages (more than he is worth), was average to poor all last season, divides the fans and is a big fan of Sam and so is likely to be a negative influence.

Its a joke, not one of the SamLove brigade has posted anything that is based in reality. He has proven throughout his career he can only be managed by Sam. A bit of humility wouldn't go amiss.

Diouf has been OK this season but to be honest I would be delighted to see him go. He's a bad lot and we can well do without him. Besides, we'll get the chance to boo him again if he plays for someone else which is the proper way of things. I still remember the dive.

Oh come on Kelbo. We dont know for certain that EHD is on his way and we will never know for certain that if he does it's down to him being a "Sam man".

I havn't seen EHD in the flesh for a while but what I did see was good sometimes, not so good others and generally average. He's just about justified his transfer fee (not sure about wages.)

The manager may well have decided that he wants a change on our right hand side and would appear to be going for a younger, upgrade(in his opinion) in the form of Larsson.

Really no need for the negativity.

Merely defending him against people who say he has not given the team anything, he has and I dont like a player being slated when they are shown the door, they have played and contributed to out club, lets end it there and move on.

Maybe not cos he was a Sam man but they way its come, out it leaves things to be questioned.

The club will be better off without him but if we let him go and don't fill that gap I will be 1 confused fella. Letting him go on a free is just a gift to someone and no doubt it will be another mid table rival so I can see the benefit. Decent fee decent sale, free.. Watch him come back to haunt us

Archived