BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Hopefully Williams can tie up the deals for jones and Rochina tomorrow so they can have a full week training with the team before Sunday.

JAL let's hope so if we could get money for Dunny and bring in Adam it would be great.

Is VH Group not a private Ltd Company? I could be wrong.

See post 58 here. VH is the private company which owns the family's 53% in Venky's India as far as I am aware. It is between twice and four times the size of Venky's depending on which numbers you read but remember that in terms of valuing the worth of the Rao family, you can only take about half of Venky's (the half they own) into account.

Once again I am just shocked and appalled by people wanting Dunn to leave. I understand that if he does not overcome his problems he may not be in our starting 11 anymore, but we need someone like him around the club. Some people here believe that a player who actually cares for the club he plays for is at best some unneeded bonus that we can easily do without.

• Backroom

Once again I am just shocked and appalled by people wanting Dunn to leave. I understand that if he does not overcome his problems he may not be in our starting 11 anymore, but we need someone like him around the club.

I would care if I played for the club but if I wasn't good enough then I would be of no use, similar to Dunn more often than not this season.

He still offers us something but if we could get money for him and use it to bring in someone better we'd be daft not to.

I cant see it - hes just had a fantastic house built at Brockhall Village.

Maybe he's going to Blackpool??

Hes allegedly claimed further afield nearer to his girlfriends home ?

Afterall Dunny might well have been having a bit of fun with someone with all of this.

Philip stop trolling EVERY thread...take your debt, ownership, wealth crap to the bollywood owners thread. :angry:

It's hardly 'crap', I know negativity wouldn't be allowed on your watch Hughesy, but this is a place for discussion of all topics and all opinions.

on SSN has just said that EHD can leave rovers on a free transfer and one PL club is interest but are in the bottom 3.

interest news

That is interesting. I suppose Diouf has no place in the counter attacking style that Kean seems to be introducing.

I'll be surprised if there aren't a number of clubs after him though, until Kean's arrival he was our best outfield player this season.

I will happily leave you in dreamland trying desperately to believe the Daily Mail article told the truth.

Taking over another thread to talk about this crap AGAIN... Agenda, agenda, agenda over and over again... Please stop. You might be right, you might be wrong but the fact is you NEVER stop spouting this stuff.

Something puzzling me - not sure that I can see too much joined-up thinking in our approach this window.

Everyone knows we needed 2 very good central midfielders. Speculation is that our budget has been committed and that Kean is off to India in order to try and get funding for Adam. Should we not have got our central midfielders in first before signing strikers that we don't need (RSC and the Barca lad). As many have mentioned, we've already got Niko, M Diouf, Roberts (who Kean seemingly rates as talks have begun about a new contract), Benjani and Blackman (before allowing him to go back to Scotland)- these lads would get goals given a reasonable supply of chances from a decent midfield.

Surely, it can't have been any clearer than what we saw yesterday. Yes, Lowe is promising but he aint ready yet. RSC did okay holding-up the ball but there was little snap, crackle and pop there even acknowledging that it was his first run out for a while. IMO, seriously 2-0 flattered us.

As for development signings - surely we should firstly make sure our foundations are strong enough and I'd argue that our PL survival is still at risk

As for Keane flying-off to India again - the guy is going to be knackered very soon when all his energies should be focussed on preparation and results. We live in a high tech. age and options for meetings are many. What can be that critical that requires a face-to-face this week - we do have Executive Managers based @ Ewood!

That is interesting. I suppose Diouf has no place in the counter attacking style that Kean seems to be introducing.

I'll be surprised if there aren't a number of clubs after him though, until Kean's arrival he was our best outfield player this season.

I just do not understand this. EH DIouf has been one of our best players this season, especially early on, and can play in three positions and perform in a 442 or 4231. Losing him massively reduces the flexibility of the squad.

It seems likely to me that it will be a personality clash between him and Kean (Kean's quotes after the QPR game seemed to suggest he held EHD in contempt to a certain extent) or possibly the new owners not wanting the negative publicity that comes with Diouf.

Real shame. We cannot give our best players away. Lots of others who should be leaving before EH Diouf.

Something puzzling me - not sure that I can see too much joined-up thinking in our approach this window.

Everyone knows we needed 2 very good central midfielders. Speculation is that our budget has been committed and that Kean is off to India in order to try and get funding for Adam. Should we not have got our central midfielders in first before signing strikers that we don't need (RSC and the Barca lad). As many have mentioned, we've already got Niko, M Diouf, Roberts (who Kean seemingly rates as talks have begun about a new contract), Benjani and Blackman (before allowing him to go back to Scotland)- these lads would get goals given a reasonable supply of chances from a decent midfield.

I would disagree with this. A striker was an absolute top priority as none of our current bunch look that convincing and are not scoring anywhere near enough goals. It was easy to see RSC was miles ahead of our other strikers in quality when he came on (still playing too deep though.... gah!)

Also you have to use the principle that you sign quality when it is available even if you don't immediately need it. We have got some of our best players this way - Samba, RSC (first time round), Tugay etc. were bought when our frailties were in other areas. You don't turn good opportunities down. RSC was one of those. I suppose these two Barca lads are the same kettle of fish.

OK it is only the Daily Star but they report on Kean seeing Vazquez as the long term replacement for Dunn.

The article also carries some more strong words from Dave Whelan about Rovers' new ownership and urging them not to listen to that agent.

I am not surprised EHD is being eased out. Sam is the only Manager who has ever actually succeded in managing him and an unhappy EHD can destroy a dressing room. That said, EHD has been on great form this season and held things together when results were not going well early on.

Depends really. He's one of our highest earners - if the owners have promised money for transfers as long as the wage budget can sustain them then we could probably get a couple of good players in for Dioufs salary.

I'd still have liked to get a million or two for him, but I get the feeling there is more to this than meets the eye.

Also, I for one hope Dunn stays. Form is temporary and even if he never quite regains it at the very least he's good to have around the club, even in some kind of coaching or ambasadorial capacity. Its good to have people who are genuinely loyal in this day and age.

Surely, it can't have been any clearer than what we saw yesterday. Yes, Lowe is promising but he aint ready yet. RSC did okay holding-up the ball but there was little snap, crackle and pop there even acknowledging that it was his first run out for a while. IMO, seriously 2-0 flattered us.

As for development signings - surely we should firstly make sure our foundations are strong enough and I'd argue that our PL survival is still at risk

As for Keane flying-off to India again - the guy is going to be knackered very soon when all his energies should be focussed on preparation and results. We live in a high tech. age and options for meetings are many. What can be that critical that requires a face-to-face this week - we do have Executive Managers based @ Ewood!

I think the reason for his trip to India is to dot the I's, and cross the T's on his new long term contract. I think the Rao's prefer to do business face to face. No doubt Kean will want to discuss transfer funds also whilst he is there.

At the end of the day, its their business, it's in their interest to have reuglar meetings with the man they have put trust in to run the team. I agree it would make more sense to have a video conference, would save time, money, not to mention Kean's carbon footprint, however it looks like that just not how they do things.

It's pure speculation that the funds have been used up for this window, as we never actually knew what the budget was.

Agree CM was our priority, and we have brought in Jones, hopefully one more to come, maybe Adam, depending on how much Blackpool are going to demand, and hom much a fuss Adam kicks up.

Jensen, and the other staff will be more than capable of looking after training for a day or so, one would hope anyway.

As for EH Diouf, I said his days at the club were number, had an ok season so far, but he's always likely to cause trouble one way or another, add to that the emergence of Hoilett and Olsson and Larsson potentially coming, we are well covered out wide.

Archived