BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

Regarding EHD being a nice guy off the pitch.... I've met a guy who knew him failry well and the stories he told me don't fit with that comment.

he was nothing but class when the squad came to sydney hung around signing signatures after games, mingled with the fans before the games, threw his jersey into the crowd.....

when the team was warming up, he, righters and olsson would pull off tricks with the ball infront of us, was good value :D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding EHD being a nice guy off the pitch.... I've met a guy who knew him failry well and the stories he told me don't fit with that comment.

I have met him several times and has always been really friendly. I have also seen his several time with many other fans and always had a smile on his face.

Diouf does not score enough goals or create enough goals! However, his possession skills are awesome as is his work ethic! If we are replacing him then his replacement must put a good shift in whilst creating and scoring more goals!

Dunn is a very decent squad player even if his legs have gone! He is the only player we have that can unlock a defence and score the odd quality goal! Plus with him being local he is a must for round the club!

Diouf does not score enough goals or create enough goals! However, his possession skills are awesome as is his work ethic! If we are replacing him then his replacement must put a good shift in whilst creating and scoring more goals!

Dunn is a very decent squad player even if his legs have gone! He is the only player we have that can unlock a defence and score the odd quality goal! Plus with him being local he is a must for round the club!

Depends what you mean by his work ethic. He doesn't like to defend.

Sadly he has no pace any more, for whatever reason. He's half the player he used to be.

Stops play or keeps possession ? Depends you look at it. We have so many "running" players at the club it's good to watch someone who enjoys having the ball at his feet and retaining the ball until it is the right time to pass to a team member. Roberts is the worst at retaining possesion of course, having lumps of concrete in his boots instead of feet.

Problem is, he is having a habit of waiting too long. It seems to me that he is more interested in getting a corner or an offensive throw-in for us than to actually play the ball. Fair play to the lad, we are good at set-pieces...

But personally, I would rather have some good crosses in when we are generating momentum.

I guess Seb Larsson would do great in a position like that. Hopefully we will get him on a free this summer.

This is categorically untrue.

Diouf was excellent for us when he first signed and has been a consistently good performer this season as well. He was a bit off for large swathes of last year, but other than that has always put in a good shift for us.

I was livid yesterday whilst watching SSN, with Jeff Stelling and the other pundits laying into Diouf, making out that he doesn't belong in football and then immediately running an interview with Joey 'The Sociopath' Barton like he's some sort of reformed character who everybody's been a bit harsh on.

Pretty sure that as unpleasant as swearing and spitting is, Diouf has never put a cigar out in someone's eye, punched a child or beaten up a fellow player to the point where that person may have suffered permanent visual damage.

I would hate to see Diouf forced out of Rovers as some sort of 'clean image' campaign when Joey Barton and Andy Carroll are still in the game. Just because they're possible England call-up candidates, the media doesn't give them such a hard time.

diouf is an angel compared to the other two. carroll, is a young lad...he has plenty of time to learn the error of his ways. but diouf for his track record which consists of "spitting at celtic fans, spitting at an 11 year old middlesboro fan, telling a ball boy at everton to " (Please don't use that word again) off, white boy"...then having the audacity to say that he was the one who was being racially abused and having bananas thrown at him, when there was no evidence at all, to back up his claims. motoring offences in manchester and then the other week supposedly taunting young jamie mackie who was laying on the ground with a double leg break.......but, this is all categorically untrue!!

Sadly he has no pace any more, for whatever reason. He's half the player he used to be.

Whatever, we move on, just dont slate the lad, he was a Rovers player and helped keep us in the premiership, now we have new players, we back them.

Totally agree with this...

When having control of the ball he can create things, but if he is involved in tracking back he doesn't seem to take interest..

Seems like a real nice guy, i take alot of the things that have been said in the media with a pinch of salt...

Guest linganzi

diouf is an angel compared to the other two. carroll, is a young lad...he has plenty of time to learn the error of his ways. but diouf for his track record which consists of "spitting at celtic fans, spitting at an 11 year old middlesboro fan, telling a ball boy at everton to " (Please don't use that word again) off, white boy"...then having the audacity to say that he was the one who was being racially abused and having bananas thrown at him, when there was no evidence at all, to back up his claims. motoring offences in manchester and then the other week supposedly taunting young jamie mackie who was laying on the ground with a double leg break.......but, this is all categorically untrue!!

there is little evidence to support most of Diouf s crimes

i met diouf when i was in the players lounge after a game last season, and yes to be fair i only spoke to him for a few mins, but he was geniuenly a nice guy, what ever he does on the pitch is mostly an act, he does stuff for a reaction, and he has been one of the most consistent players we have had in the last year, so i would be a bit gutted to lose him, because i think he offers something that nobody else does, so thats why i think we should keep him!

I was refering to your comment that stated he does nothing for the team.

Neither was I defending his occasional behaviour on the pitch.

I don't see how you can defend Andy Carroll, someone who has twice had to admit assault charges, one of those against his girlfriend.

But of course, spitting is much worse...

I was refering to your comment that stated he does nothing for the team.

Neither was I defending his occasional behaviour on the pitch.

I don't see how you can defend Andy Carroll, someone who has twice had to admit assault charges, one of those against his girlfriend.

But of course, spitting is much worse...

I've no personal dramas with Dioufy. He's been ok value and I don't think he did much wrong at QPR (assuming he was unaware of Mackie's leg actually being broken at the time). However, if we can upgrade him this window without a significant outlay then that represents good business.

Dunn always struck me as a player who needs a run of games to get fit but he doesn't seem to be going anywhere at the minute. I wouldn't sell him because fresh arrivals might kick his backside into gear. That said, if the number of players ahead of him in the pecking order gets to 2-3 then it becomes hard to justify. I'd sooner sell Andrews & Grella though, that's for sure.

i met diouf when i was in the players lounge after a game last season, and yes to be fair i only spoke to him for a few mins, but he was geniuenly a nice guy, what ever he does on the pitch is mostly an act, he does stuff for a reaction, and he has been one of the most consistent players we have had in the last year, so i would be a bit gutted to lose him, because i think he offers something that nobody else does, so thats why i think we should keep him!

His "act" is something I have always found entertaining(the time he has been a blackburn rovers player that is). He is a colourful character. If he goes that would be something I would miss.

So Kean allegedly doesn't like Diouf ergo he is now one of our best players and is being forced out by sinister hands.

Pathetic.

He's quite good at what he does but is on big wages (more than he is worth), was average to poor all last season, divides the fans and is a big fan of Sam and so is likely to be a negative influence.

Its a joke, not one of the SamLove brigade has posted anything that is based in reality. He has proven throughout his career he can only be managed by Sam. A bit of humility wouldn't go amiss.

Obviously I am no longer in the SamLlove brigade!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1347769/Steve-Kean-prepared-let-nasty-El-Hadji-Diouf-leave-Blackburn-cut-price-deal.html?

Steve Kean prepared to let 'nasty' El-Hadji Diouf leave Blackburn in cut-price deal

Barclays Premier League sides are already showing interest with Blackburn considering a cut-price sale. Agent Willie McKay said: 'El-Hadji is looking to make a fresh start. He is a good player and there is plenty of interest.'

Kean confirmed Blackburn are signing Jermain Jones on loan from Schalke and is ready to offer QPR and Wigan target Jason Roberts, 33, a new contract. QPR want Benni McCarthy on loan from West Ham .

http://www.dailymail...rice-deal.html?

Steve Kean prepared to let 'nasty' El-Hadji Diouf leave Blackburn in cut-price deal

Barclays Premier League sides are already showing interest with Blackburn considering a cut-price sale. Agent Willie McKay said: 'El-Hadji is looking to make a fresh start. He is a good player and there is plenty of interest.'

Kean confirmed Blackburn are signing Jermain Jones on loan from Schalke and is ready to offer QPR and Wigan target Jason Roberts, 33, a new contract. QPR want Benni McCarthy on loan from West Ham .

Hopefully that will mean teams will try and out bid each other OR at least get him off our hands ASAP which releases valuable transfer funds/free up wages.

Archived