BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

We probably could sell Emerton and not miss him. His tournament jaunt has not demonstrated that he is a critical figure in the club.

My objection to EHD is not his skills [though at this point I think he is fairly limited as a footballer and we can get a better player], it's his reputation. I don't know whether he's done half of what he's been accused of, but I would appreciate the drama being played out at someone else's club. Newcastle, for example. I think he'd fit right in.

EHD is the kind of player you suffer because he plays for you and has actually put in a shift this season. Maybe we are still going for Barton in which case FA rules state only one nutter per club is allowed.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My objection to EHD is not his skills [though at this point I think he is fairly limited as a footballer and we can get a better player], it's his reputation. I don't know whether he's done half of what he's been accused of, but I would appreciate the drama being played out at someone else's club. Newcastle, for example. I think he'd fit right in.

I don't think him and Barton would be able to function in the same club! Two giant egos, not enough space.

I can understand Diouf being sold and won't be too upset, but he has done very well for the club since he's been here. He was one of our best players for the majority of 2010 and I don't like the idea of us getting rid at the earliest opportunity just because of his attitude or his loyalties, unless they're detrimental to the club.

I am a bit bemused by the pursuit of Seb Larsson. He is a decent enough player with a good delivery, strikes me very much as a right sided Pedersen, but there is little suggestion he will uproot trees. I can't see how swapping him in for DIouf out is going to make much of a difference to the team. I think Larsson will struggle to get in the team to be honest as it stands, the same as EHD has.

Jones on the other hand looks like he is exactly what we need, and the spanish lads both are exciting.

Nicko, Inter Milan director claimed yesterday that Muntari can leave.

Any team interested? Rovers in for him?

Muntari is a liability,gets angry far to quick,needs to grow up,or his career will go down the plug hole.Like Alan says guy thinks he is better than what he actually is.

Inter have offered him everywhere and anywhere the last year,but no takers.That tells it's own story.

I wonder if the journalists in Calciomercato.com also read this forum?

Hope not!!. :lol: Operates from a trading estate in Milan that site,No idea if they have Journalists as such,or they just employ people to copy papers,tv,news dispatches,that would be my guess.

Roberto, if you are here?

What kind of price range would Stephan Lichtsteiner and Mobo Diakite be in?

Really think that Lichtsteiner could fit in perfectly in English football.

I know Diakite doesnt play a lot, but what I have seen of him in the few games that he has played, has been very good.

What are your opinion on those two?

Lichtsteiner would cost around £10 million.Solid no thrills type right back.So agree with you when you say he would be perfect for English football.Was 1 of 3 Inter were looking to sign in the Summer had Maicon left to join Madrid.

Lazio hoped Diakite would have kicked on more by now,still lacks consistency in his game.But they have no plans to sell at the moment,he would cost around £3 million if he was for sale.

If you wanted a Lazio player Libor Kozak their young Czech striker looks very promising indeed.

Are they? We sold RSC to ManC in 2009 for an alleged 17-18 million. Was that all paid in a lump sum? I suspect that it is paid over time, so ManC owes us still. How likely is it that checks are crossing in the mail, which results in no net outlay? It would take someone familiar with club finances, or an ace reporter like Nicko, to say for sure though.

You're quite right. we don't know what he's being paid by us, but my point was just that even if we are paying most of it, it's not the potentially damaging deal that some of the Leeds ones were where the player was so overpaid that nobody else could afford to take them unless the parent club was prepared to go on paying part of their wages even after they were sold. whatever we pay him is a short term deal at the moment and if we were to buy tha salary would then be up to us to negotiate

If we lost out on a player because Steve Kean was en route to India wouldn't that be more of a case of everybody's hero John Williams dropping the ball?

How can you spend what you haven't been given pr!ck. Your constant running down of our Chairman is sickening.

I think Larsson will struggle to get in the team to be honest as it stands, the same as EHD has.

It depends which way the team is to develop. At the moment we are going for speed over substance in Olsson and Junior.

There is nothing wrong with that but the lack of a quality final ball will lead to RSC and Kal being increasingly frustrated. Larsson offers you a good solid game with the ability to put in a very good final ball. He could be as influencial as Bentley was.

I am told Larsson is signing. Either summer or before the window shuts.

If Diouf left sooner I suspect it would be more likely the latter.

Adam is telling anyone at Blackpool who will listen that he wants to go.

However he is under contract, so the price is up to them.

Nicko, just a quick off topic question, because you frequent this section more than the other topics.

Have you heard anything to back up the claims made on Skysports Sunday Supplement by certain childish sports 'writers' that suggested Steve Kean stabbed Sam in the back and took his job?

Nicko, just a quick off topic question, because you frequent this section more than the other topics.

Have you heard anything to back up the claims made on Skysports Sunday Supplement by certain childish sports 'writers' that suggested Steve Kean stabbed Sam in the back and took his job?

I believe the allegation was made by some portly chap who likes to think of himself as Sam's wine waiter.

Enough said really.

I don't think him and Barton would be able to function in the same club! Two giant egos, not enough space.

Barton's problems do not involve his ego imo.

It depends which way the team is to develop. At the moment we are going for speed over substance in Olsson and Junior.

There is nothing wrong with that but the lack of a quality final ball will lead to RSC and Kal being increasingly frustrated. Larsson offers you a good solid game with the ability to put in a very good final ball. He could be as influencial as Bentley was.

Heard he was MoM yesterday for Brum. Is that right anybody?

Larsson offers you a good solid game with the ability to put in a very good final ball. He could be as influencial as Bentley was.

I’ve just been speaking to a Birmingham season ticket holder who basically couldn’t say enough good things about Larrson. His delivery from both open play and dead ball situations is consistently good, and he’s really sad to see him go, but its been on the cards for a while.

Birmingham’s most consistent player over the past few seasons also.

You're leading the witness!

Very happy with the news that Diouf is leaving. Cant stand the guy. Disliked him when he joined and I'll dislike him as much when he leaves. He is a nasty piece of work. And my opinion has nothing to do with what that clown Warnock said after the QPR game either. Him calling Diouf a sewer rat was very much a case of kettle and black.

Diouff has done ok at times for us but for an attacking player he doesnt score enough goals and creates very little. He does get himself in good positions and more often than not his delivery is poor. If kean wants to play fast, attacking football then Diouf's lack of pace means he wont fit in. I wonder if he asked to leave or it is Kean that has instigated the move?

Unsure of Larrson to be honest. Never been too impressed when ive seen him. I cant see him going straught in in front of Hoillet to be honest either

Agree, but would probably rather sell Emerton and keep EHD.

I wouldn't.

Emerton is a real pro, who has given years of service to Rovers, is a versatile squad player and still has his legs.

Diouf is Big Sam's cabana boy.

Larrson is like Bentley without the ability to play in the whole behind the striker(s). I've watched him on a few occasions for the Brummies of late and his crossing is first class, he created so many chances against West Ham in the League Cup game that any decent header of a ball would have finished off. He would be a very shrewd signing in the window to couple with the return of RSC who is so good in the air.

I'd accept Diouf leaving if it meant getting Larrson in now. I will be a little sad to see him go though, he's a complete tit, but he's our tit :lol:

Very happy with the news that Diouf is leaving. Cant stand the guy. Disliked him when he joined and I'll dislike him as much when he leaves. He is a nasty piece of work. And my opinion has nothing to do with what that clown Warnock said after the QPR game either. Him calling Diouf a sewer rat was very much a case of kettle and black.

Diouff has done ok at times for us but for an attacking player he doesnt score enough goals and creates very little. He does get himself in good positions and more often than not his delivery is poor. If kean wants to play fast, attacking football then Diouf's lack of pace means he wont fit in. I wonder if he asked to leave or it is Kean that has instigated the move?

1. I didn't realise that you know him personally. Odd though cos most on here who have met him speak very highly of him. I guess you must have caught him on a bad day.

2. If we are to get rid of every one of our 'attacking players who don't score enough goals and contribute very little' then we'll be just left with MGP! And Brett Emerton should be dispensed with immediately. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't.

Emerton is a real pro, who has given years of service to Rovers, is a versatile squad player and still has his legs.

Diouf is Big Sam's cabana boy.

Now Salgado has made the right back spot his own Emerton is surplus to requirements.

Bert's on the edge at the momnet. He's got to be close to getting "too old" if I could use the phrase.

We should be looking to replace.

I can remember when Souness signed him. I thought GS would make him into a powerhouse midfielder. Instead he wasted him, made him neither one thing or the other. He was never a forward/winger, nor was he just a fullback. With his pace, he could have been a great box to box player, adding a few goals every season.

Shameful waste.

Archived