BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sorry if Diouf goes - he was part of the bitter cup we had to drink in order to stay up.

He's way to slow for the way we have been playing recently; his 4 goals from 62 appearances was frankly pathetic for an attacking midfielder, and the only thing he was good for was holding play up and getting free kicks.

New era

absolutely spot on the mark mate....i have said the same thing to my mates for 2 years now. other than falling down and getting free kicks, he does (Please don't use that word again) all else. add that to the fact that i have detested him since he spat at a fellow professional in Arjan de Zeeuw, back in 2004. disgusting doesn't come close....made it all worse when he signed for us.

I can imagine this. Like Dunny Diouffy's another Allardyce man and Kean's obviously intent on getting shot of em all and asap.

And from his point of view he certainly should. The last thing someone as inexperienced as Keane needs are people loyal to the old regime threatening his authority.

absolutely spot on the mark mate....i have said the same thing to my mates for 2 years now. other than falling down and getting free kicks, he does (Please don't use that word again) all else. add that to the fact that i have detested him since he spat at a fellow professional in Arjan de Zeeuw, back in 2004. disgusting doesn't come close....made it all worse when he signed for us.

And an 11 year old fan at Boro, and fans at Birmingham allegedly

I can imagine this. Like Dunny Diouffy's another Allardyce man and Kean's obviously intent on getting shot of em all and asap.

Dunny is an Allardayce man. That's why Hughes re-signed him 3 years ago, because he was an Allardyce man :blink:

When Sam was sacked, a few of the players went round to his house to chat things through with him - would not surprise me if those closest to Sam are shown the door now/in the summer.

Which few players would that be? Is that something you heard or read somewhere?

Possible six players in total to date.

RSC, J Jones, Adam, Larsson, Vazquez, Rochina.

Only Rochina U21 and Larsson home grown.

Current over 21 and not hone grown.

Chimbonda, M Diouf, E Diouf, Nelsen, Givet, Samba, Emerton, Salgado, Goulon, Benjani, N'Zonzi, Grella, Kalinic, MGP.

At least one is not getting in the squad if we sign them all before the summer.. ???????

Home grown:

Robbo Bunn Fielding Dunn Andrews Roberts Olsson

Brown may have to be retained to make up the eight.

Unless we name U21's again in the 25.

Think that is right.

Dunny is an Allardayce man. That's why Hughes re-signed him 3 years ago, because he was an Allardyce man :blink:

It been said that David Dunn will always be the first player on a Steve Kean team sheet. So far, I think that has been very true.

When Sam was sacked, a few of the players went round to his house to chat things through with him - would not surprise me if those closest to Sam are shown the door now/in the summer.

I can understand that though, they must have been pretty bewildered - all of them. Talk about the rug removed from under your feet.

I remember Kean was saying that Sam had been speaking to him and the players in the week before the West Ham game - wishing them all luck etc.

Not sure there's a big conspiracy going on there...but I don't know obviously.

Possible six players in total to date.

RSC, J Jones, Adam, Larsson, Vazquez, Rochina.

Only Rochina U21 and Larsson home grown.

Current over 21 and not hone grown.

Chimbonda, M Diouf, E Diouf, Nelsen, Givet, Samba, Emerton, Salgado, Goulon, Benjani, N'Zonzi, Grella, Kalinic, MGP.

At least one is not getting in the squad if we sign them all before the summer.. ???????

How many spaces we got in our squad?

Chimbonda, Brown, Diouf could all go..

N wasnt NZonzi classed in the U-21 at beginning of this season?

Guest linganzi

Since his re signing, apart from a short spell last season dunn has been hapless and hopeless. Being a fan is useless when he isn't fit and his legs are gone. His wages will be high so if we can also make a little from him I'm all for that.

Diouf has been 50 times the player this season I can see though the reasons for shifting him although he isn't to criminal he is portrayed as

Look, how many of our best players are Allardyce-signings? Nzonzi, yes, but when he gets fit again he'll slip right back into the team again I reckon, so Im not too worried.

Jermaine Jones is arguably better than Nzonzi though, and would end up as a first pick. If indeed both are defensive midfielders-..

I'd be sorry to see Diouf leave if he does go. Always enjoyed watching him because he's one of the few players at Rovers who can retain possession of the ball under pressure. He may have lost pace but more than compensates for the intelligence of his play. He very rarely gives the ball away. He's what I'd call a proper footballer.

How many spaces we got in our squad?

Chimbonda, Brown, Diouf could all go..

N wasnt NZonzi classed in the U-21 at beginning of this season?

I'm not sure that's why I'm posting.

Of course the above can go, no ones busting their wallet to take them though, YET!

Which if true maybe is why Diouf and Chimbonda can go on frees.

Edit: don't think N'Zonzi qualified. Born 15/12/88

EPL rules

In keeping with UEFA guidelines, an Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences. For the 2010/11 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1989.

Not much chance of Dunny going anywhere given he 'did his hamstring' yesterday.

Would have thought that he's now out for at least 3 weeks unless I've missed something somewhere.

Not sure if I understand the decision to let EHD go on a free, if true. We may yet end-up in a relegation battle and players of his ilk, know how etc are invaluable in those situations.

I'd be sorry to see Diouf leave if he does go. Always enjoyed watching him because he's one of the few players at Rovers who can retain possession of the ball under pressure. He may have lost pace but more than compensates for the intelligence of his play. He very rarely gives the ball away. He's what I'd call a proper footballer.

Yes, the best at ball retention in the squad by a mile!

Archived