BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

Hes allegedly claimed further afield nearer to his girlfriends home ?

Afterall Dunny might well have been having a bit of fun with someone with all of this.

Could be because he enjoys a wind up - Its defo in the Old Langho area though, I know someone who has been working on it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal will definitely be in the market after this news reported on the BBC:

1715: Meanwhile, BBC Radio 5 Live are reporting that Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen will undergo surgery on a torn Achilles tendon on Tuesday and is expected to be out of action until March.

Scott Dann of Brum out for the rest of the season so they might be out shopping as well now.

Kean will be back to take training on Tuesday- the next time the players are in.

Arsenal will definitely be in the market after this news reported on the BBC:

1715: Meanwhile, BBC Radio 5 Live are reporting that Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen will undergo surgery on a torn Achilles tendon on Tuesday and is expected to be out of action until March.

Scott Dann of Brum out for the rest of the season so they might be out shopping as well now.

Kean will be back to take training on Tuesday- the next time the players are in.

So your hoping for arsenal to come in for samba and the larsson move to be cancelled or better still they go for Adams and hi jack any bid we might make.

All this to go with the lies the Mail printed about positive spin on our new owners.

Diouf is definitely a reminder of the Allardyce era. As someone mentioned earlier, Allardyce is the one of the few managers to keep him happy.

So it does add up to why he is being shifted out. It seems they want to rid all traces of Allardyces tenure, for better or worse.

So your hoping for arsenal to come in for samba and the larsson move to be cancelled or better still they go for Adams and hi jack any bid we might make.

All this to go with the lies the Mail printed about positive spin on our new owners.

Well I haven't used the word lies but I would tend to agree with you regarding the Daily Mail.

I was simply posting the news from Arsenal. I am passionately opposed to us selling Samba as you will have seen from all my previous posts. I think it would be an horrific mistake to sell him during this window.

Do we really afford to get rid of EHD and Dunn in January? I don´t think so. What if their replacements can´t manage in PL? Would EHD even be replaced? I don´t see neither of them as a long term players anymore but they have to see season end at Rovers.

I don't think Kean see's EHD as starting 11anymore. If one of the barca kids was a replacement it would probably be like for like quality wise.

As for Dunn, I think this Jermaine Jones will be a far superior replacement.

Well I haven't used the word lies but I would tend to agree with you regarding the Daily Mail.

I was simply posting the news from Arsenal. I am passionately opposed to us selling Samba as you will have seen from all my previous posts. I think it would be an horrific mistake to sell him during this window.

That post was to replicate your views.

You'd be happy to see samba go If it meant bad publicity for venkys.

Diouf is definitely a reminder of the Allardyce era. As someone mentioned earlier, Allardyce is the one of the few managers to keep him happy.

So it does add up to why he is being shifted out. It seems they want to rid all traces of Allardyces tenure, for better or worse.

I dont beleive Venkys would get rid just because he's a player that Sam brought in - there would be more departures if that was the case. More likely that this is just yet another load of SSN bullshine

As I have posted before, I will be delighted and relieved to see Samba and Dunn still at Ewood on 3 February.

I see your point when it comes to Samba but why Dunny? Last season looks like it was his 'Indian summer' and now he is back to his injury prone not as effective self.

I understand the sentimental factor as he is a Blackburn lad and has given us brilliant service, but if you step back and take a look at the situation without blue and white tinted specs he is a big earner that looks well past his prime.

If an offer comes in that’s decent so we can bring in someone younger and more importantly less injury prone we should take it.

Beat me to it - done from Schalke's end - should be complete tomorrow according to them!!

Full week of training with the team - raring to go for WBA...

Diouf is on big wages, so if we can shift him I see the sense in it.

on SSN has just said that EHD can leave rovers on a free transfer and one PL club is interest but are in the bottom 3.

interest news

Then we could sign Seb Larrson now rather than wait to the summer. would tie in to what nicko was saying

Fantastic news if we manage to get Larrson in also, but if we don't gives the younger lads a chance to shine.

EHD was never going to stick around once Allardyce was fired, and his massive wages also give the club good reason to get rid also. He’s played ok this season, but we can do much better for his wages and we’ll get less agro.

As for Dunn, its about time he moved on also, hes a shadow of his former self, and whilst I’m against getting rid of players that are fans because they’ll dig deeper than other players, he just isn’t fit enough or injury free enough to play in the premiership.

Rovermad86... have you never heard of telephones? emails? conference calls? skype? etc etc.

How often will KMD fly over to the states do you think? How often will Mancini get to Abu Dhabi? I'll bet the old RFW won't cross the road to speak to the Glasers.

Proper communication should be between the owners and the Chairman, and the Chairman and the manager. Problem is I don't think our Chairman is featuring as much as he once did and that I BELIEVE the new owners are putting their confidence in somebody else. Can't think who that would be mind..... and even if I could I couldn't possibly comment.

Couple of points.

1) It has already been mentioned that our new owners like face to face meetings.

B- If you are going to make statements don't hold back, say what you BELIEVE to be the case or say nothing. Either way is fine, express your opinion or not, your choice, but don't hint to it and say nothing.

III) People are far too negative. If the owners want a face to face meeting, that is their prerogative, they are running the club now and I think it would be best to get behind the club rather than trying to undermine it on here.

Found some videos of this Victor Vazquez lad. Looks like a winger to me, but I suppose Barcelona like their attacking players to be able to play right across the forward line.

Looks comfortable on the ball, whether he's physical enough to compete with the "athletic" defenders in the PL is something the people connected with the club should have already determined.

The one thing that I noticed is that the looks a good technical footballer... as we all know, we don't have many players of that ilk.

I know it's only Youtube, but to be close to the main Barca team for so long & made a few appearences bodes well I think.

I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing Vazquez & Rochina in action!!!

Diouf is on big wages, so if we can shift him I see the sense in it.

But one of the best players for us so far this season.

Don't think EHD did himself any favours mentioning BFS in his rant against Warnock.

I noticed that as well, and you're probably right.

Looks comfortable on the ball, whether he's physical enough to compete with the "athletic" defenders in the PL is something the people connected with the club should have already determined.

The PL isn't as physical as it once was. A lot of "lightweight" players are performing well - like Luka Modric for Spurs.

But one of the best players for us so far this season.

I noticed that as well, and you're probably right.

The PL isn't as physical as it once was. A lot of "lightweight" players are performing well - like Luka Modric for Spurs.

I agree about lightweight players, it's the size of whats beating under the badge that counts. Benayoun, Nani and Tevez just to name three aren't exactly giants.

Diouf = bad publicity and does not fit in with the Raos image for their club = get shut, some crazy decisions on the face of it.

I don't think the Raos need Diouf to attract bad publicity. That's one area they seem to manage themselves exceptionally well.

Whilst, I assumed that Diouf would leave in the summer, I'm very surprised that Kean is prepared to release him in January on a free. He has been one of our most consistent players this season and one of the few who can retain possession of a football when under pressure.

Hopefully, Kean has a replacement lined up to sign before the end of the month. If Diouf was to leave without a replacement it would leave us rather thin on the ground in the midfield department. Both Santa Cruz and Jones have question marks against them with regard to their injury record while Dunn, Andrews, Grella and Nzonzi have contributed very little this campaign due to injuries.

Archived