BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

The Villa business with Makoun & Bent might just help us in that, hopefully, it helps with the Venkys' understanding of what it takes to bring in a bit of quality. Works both ways - for the players we sell (ie Samba's potential value) to the players we want ie Adam (will take £6 to 7M).

If they have the funds, are minded and ambitious then bring it on Mrs Desai and brothers!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow at this Bent stuff. He must have fallen out with someone, Sunderland are doing pretty well and he's managed to revive his career there are Spurs. Having delivered, it's not like he's completely indebted to them but Bruce put a lot of faith in him and gave him a shot. I would be disappointed if he was moving to another club, not presently enjoying the best of times purely for financial reasons.

As for Villa, if they want Samba then they can pay the January market price quite comfortably it would seem so there should be NO compromises on our part.

Every player has his price and that's a good price, IMO, for Bent.

Don't forget, they've signed the lad Gyan for at least £4m cheaper.

Looks good business to me.

Good business yes, but only if Sunderland sustain the progress they're making and get in a suitable replacement to play with Gyan...

These days, footballers hold all the power and its very difficult to keep an unhappy player in your ranks. So don't blame Sunderland for selling, but you have to wonder why Bent wants to go to Villa. As many people have already suggested here, its all about money, as Villa can only really do as well next year as Sunderland are already doing now...

Diouf, Goulon, Chimbonda and Linganzi to leave.

Linganzi has already gone out on loan.

and Kean to get his new contract.

To quote from the link here;

'Meanwhile Kean has flown to India to meet the new club owners and is expected to seal a contract for the next three seasons. He will also sort out some behind-the-scenes teething problems on his flying visit'

and these are??

Seems strange that the Villa board are backing Houlier to the tune of some 20m so far, but wouldn't give O'Neill the assurances that funds would be made available, which resulted in him walking.

Can’t get my head around that one.

As for Bent being worth 17m :lol: absolute Robbery and a great deal for Sunderland.

Just shows how much a proven English PL striker costs. Absolute bonkers, but possibly worth it as all of Villa's forward men are firing blanks. Jean Makoun looks a very good deal though - he's quality.

If we don't get Adams, Rochina and VV, will we wait until the summer? And is the Rochina deal being held up by other clubs suddenly becoming interested?

Seems strange that the Villa board are backing Houlier to the tune of some 20m so far, but wouldn't give O'Neill the assurances that funds would be made available, which resulted in him walking.

Can’t get my head around that one.

As for Bent being worth 17m :lol: absolute Robbery and a great deal for Sunderland.

Probably because Lerner thought they'd stay safe without further investment last summer. Probably feeling a bit nervous now so better to invest a little in guaranteed safety than risking a costly drop.

Can't get my head around that one.

If Bent can bag 15-20 goals a season, and no reason he can`t as he is a talented lad - its worth every penny IMO

Would love a goal scorer like that at Rovers

It is all over Twitter, and now reaching the papers.

SSN says Bents handed Sunderland a TRANSFER REQUEST after Villa launched the bid... THAT is something I just don't understand one bit.

Has he fallen out with someone at the club??

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6667866,00.html?

I am left :blink:

I'd put a bid in for Delfouneso at Villa. See if they'd bite.

Mozzer, I'm confused by your post. You're saying 18m

Is too much for bent but in the next sentence you say that he will score goals and always has.

Surely that fact makes him worth £18m. We sold roque for a similar price after 1 good season. Bent has been top scorer for his club pretty much every season he's played. If he was at one of the top 4 they'd be talking about a much higher fee. His goal scoring record is second to none.

Mozzer, I'm confused by your post. You're saying 18m

Is too much for bent but in the next sentence you say that he will score goals and always has.

Surely that fact makes him worth £18m. We sold roque for a similar price after 1 good season. Bent has been top scorer for his club pretty much every season he's played. If he was at one of the top 4 they'd be talking about a much higher fee. His goal scoring record is second to none.

Agree, he is probably the difference between Villa and Sunderland at the moment, and look at the league table. Villa struggling near the foot at the table in 17th. Sunderland pushing for a top 6 finish.

Bent lost his way a little at Spurs, but he wouldn't be the first good player at Spurs to do that. If Houllier can get him fired up, Villa will once again be a force to be reckoned with, especially with the addition of Makoun as well.

well its like someone says english players these days are overpriced these days :/ ...i mean he always has scored goals and that but he very rarely makes the england squad unless there is injuries - thats one thing i dont understand

The price for English players is generally inflated, but given you need so many home grown players in your squad these days.

The fact he doesn't get in theEngland squad means absolutely nothing,Capello prefers to use a Crouch or a Heskey with Rooney. his goal scoring record in the PL speaks for itself. He will pretty much guarantee you 18-25 goals a season. Absolutely priceless.

Definitely don't think 18m is overpiced at all.

There was an interesting stat on sky. Drogba and Rooney are the prems top scorers over the last 5 years, both with 82 goals.

Darrent Bent is just 1 behind them on 81 goals in the last 5 seasons, playing for poorer teams in charlton and sunderland, and a spurs team who were nowhere near as good as they are now! At 26 he is only just reaching his peak years as a striker. So to suggest 18 million is over priced for him is ludicrous.

The price for English players is generally inflated, but given you need so many home grown players in your squad these days.

The fact he doesn't get in theEngland squad means absolutely nothing,Capello prefers to use a Crouch or a Heskey with Rooney. his goal scoring record in the PL speaks for itself. He will pretty much guarantee you 18-25 goals a season. Absolutely priceless.

would you be happy if we signed him for 18 million?

personally i would think it would be a waste of money, probably about 12 million over the odds

january = silly season

personally i would think it would be a waste of money, probably about 12 million over the odds

january = silly season

I would be extremely happy to be honest - would make a huge difference in our team, can score in the air, one on ones, make goals for himself, and be provider - 26 years old and knows where the back of the net ! I would be ecstatic if we bought him ! even for over the odds

• Backroom

Don't understand why linganzi is to be sold, looks a far better prospect than Lowe.

I think if he does well at Preston he may be given a chance.

january = silly season

12 Million over the odds...Pfft. If he was six million pounds and wanted to leave then every club in the country would be biting their hands off.

Brum have just paid something similar for Keane.

Archived