BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 4

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't agree more Jim. Moves for the likes of Ronaldinho and Beckham are merely about publicity and not about driving the team on the pitch forward. They should take a leaf out of Jack's book and buy the best young players available to produce a successful team that will bring them all the publicity they need. Hopefully, Steve Kean is explaining that to them at the moment.

The fee for Bent will no doubt show our new owners just what type of madhouse they have bought into in acquiring the Rovers. As the old joke goes - the quickest way to become a millionaire is for a billionaire to buy a Premier League club!

Paying £20m plus for Bent would give Venky's plenty of publicity and show the rest of the Premier League that Rovers are serious contenders in the big league again. I always thought Bent was given a raw deal by Tottenham and is a much better player than Crouch. Great buy if we could get him but probably as much pie in the sky as the Ronaldinho bid.

Larsson shuns move to spanish giants Valencia and Atletico for move to prem club.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_6668105,00.html

Do we know what the personal terms "issues" were?

The more I think about Larsson in and Diouf out the better it seems. To be fair to him, Kean looks to be trying to get a team together to play fast attacking football and as much as I like Diouf in certain circumstances, there is no way he fits into that vision.

Couldn't agree more Jim. Moves for the likes of Ronaldinho and Beckham are merely about publicity and not about driving the team on the pitch forward. They should take a leaf out of Jack's book and buy the best young players available to produce a successful team that will bring them all the publicity they need. Hopefully, Steve Kean is explaining that to them at the moment.

The fee for Bent will no doubt show our new owners just what type of madhouse they have bought into in acquiring the Rovers. As the old joke goes - the quickest way to become a millionaire is for a billionaire to buy a Premier League club!

got to disagree there.

whilst there is no question it would send a signal around the world and put the club on the map, just having a superstar of their caliber inspires the youngsters around the club and makes other players want to join. Beckham as an example still trains like a beast and always has done. You only have to listen to the younger english players talking about hiom, to know how much he inspires them. Harry Redknapp is no fool. He knows the beckham winning effect will rub off on those around him

I thought steve keanes response was perfect. He'd love for a beckham or roaldinho to join, but they would be the icing on the cake and that he has other important priorities for the team...

Do we know what the personal terms "issues" were?

The more I think about Larsson in and Diouf out the better it seems. To be fair to him, Kean looks to be trying to get a team together to play fast attacking football and as much as I like Diouf in certain circumstances, there is no way he fits into that vision.

Larrson's no faster than Diouff, or Pedersen for that matter.

40k? I'd take him for that.

Larrson's no faster than Diouff, or Pedersen for that matter.

I don't know mate, I'm not completely certain I've ever seen Diouf run to be honest! I think Larsson would be a much better fit for a team set up to attck or hit teams on the break. We know that Diouf does well holding up the ball and winning free kicks which is great for an Allardyce team but we're not about that any more.

Seb Larsson - Would definitely want him, decent player, can play in a variety of positions, got a great shot/freekick on him as well.

Robbie Keane - So overrated and the fact he wanted a pay rise to go to Birmingham tells you all you need to know.

Darren Bent - Wouldn't come to us, would pay max £12m anyway, £24m that is now being reported underlines the inflation of prices in the January window.

Jermaine Jones - Tough tackling midfielder allegedly, if he stays fit for more than a 3 game period at a time that's exactly what we are looking for.

Ruben Rochina - Anybody who can make there way through the Barcelona academy is worth a £1m punt in my eyes, more competition up front. Benjani just isn't consistent enough

Damien Duff - Would love to see Duffer back personally, but seems fairly dead in the water now.

Ruben Rochina - Anybody who can make there way through the Barcelona academy is worth a £1m punt in my eyes, more competition up front. Benjani just isn't consistent enough

I agree with that right there. Although watching a player on YouTube is not a good measure of overall ability, He looks a good left-footer willing to take on players in & around the box when attacking. Reminds me of a young Ryan Giggs from what i've seen.

-DL

Vasquez is the one im more interested in, that lad is very highly rated. However, its the golden generation at Barca that has prevented him being a regular. The same goes for Rochina, although to be fair to him, he is still a young lad and has time on his side.

Imo, would love to see either Vasquez or Kranckjar sign, with him sitting in front of JJ. Add Seb Larsson/ Hoilett down the right, and we will have a very good team

Vasquez is the one im more interested in, that lad is very highly rated. However, its the golden generation at Barca that has prevented him being a regular. The same goes for Rochina, although to be fair to him, he is still a young lad and has time on his side.

Imo, would love to see either Vasquez or Kranckjar sign, with him sitting in front of JJ. Add Seb Larsson/ Hoilett down the right, and we will have a very good team

Seem to be a lot of personal vendettas on this board.

You only have to look at my post saying Martin O'Neil must be fuming that Villa all of a sudden have money to burn with the Bent bid, and I certain member tried to make me look stupid with a snide remark, even though several other members had posted the same thing, and it was common knowledge O'Neil left because he wasn't going to be given any funds from the Milner sale.

Anyway, whatever floats people's boats.

Back on topic, agree Rochina and VV must have something about them. Anyone who comes through the La Masía have to be highly talented footballers. The fact VV is 24 and still at Barce would suggest they hold in fairly high regard or they would have let him go a lot sooner.

Agree by signing both of them, will help then settle in more, plus Salgado can take them under his wing.

Found this case study in regards to the La Masia (Barcelona's academy)

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Case-study-Barcelona-FC-youth-ftimes-2620572647.html?x=0

Hoofball! :P

That pass by Adam did occur to me when I saw it Match of the Day and would have been seen as such if it had been directed into the box (however accurately) under Sam's reign. Shearer mentioned the pass on MotD as being particularly brilliant and I was surprised they didn't show a replay.

Seem to be a lot of personal vendettas on this board.

You only have to look at my post saying Martin O'Neil must be fuming that Villa all of a sudden have money to burn with the Bent bid, and I certain member tried to make me look stupid with a snide remark, even though several other members had posted the same thing, and it was common knowledge O'Neil left because he wasn't going to be given any funds from the Milner sale.

Anyway, whatever floats people's boats.

Back on topic, agree Rochina and VV must have something about them. Anyone who comes through the La Masía have to be highly talented footballers. The fact VV is 24 and still at Barce would suggest they hold in fairly high regard or they would have let him go a lot sooner.

Agree by signing both of them, will help then settle in more, plus Salgado can take them under his wing.

Found this case study in regards to the La Masia (Barcelona's academy)

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Case-study-Barcelona-FC-youth-ftimes-2620572647.html?x=0

Very good article you found there. VV and Rochina are good players, just hope that they adapt to the English way quickly. (if they do sign, of course)

I'd like them both! Vasquez and Rochina.

I think buying both would help them settle in the area, something the Hispanics seem to struggle with.

As usual, you are a voice of practical reason. I would be happy with Vasquez and Rochina alone this January. It would be a relative gold mine of signings compared to recent past seasons. Add RSC, Jermaine Jones, Larsen and Adam and I dare to dream the Rovers have hit the proverbial lottery.

On that point, Venkys do seem to have a bent in favor of hispanic targets. Whether its [alleged] pie in the sky talk of Maradona or Ronaldinho, or the more practical RSC, Rochina and Vasquez, the intent seems to be to increase the Spanish/Portuguese contingent at Ewood. Which fits into Kean's abilities, considering his languages and time in Spain.

Which I think is probably pretty smart. Wasn't it Sam who did an article about the importance of bedding in players, not only in the squad but also in the local area and socially? Acceptable and emotionally comfortable housing, churches, social networks, etc. all result in happier players. Bringing in a couple of players from the same background and the same academy makes it a lot easier to integrate them into the whole. RSC doesn't hurt either, as he can be a gateway for the Rochina and Vasquez to connect to the wider footballing community.

That pass by Adam did occur to me when I saw it Match of the Day and would have been seen as such if it had been directed into the box (however accurately) under Sam's reign. Shearer mentioned the pass on MotD as being particularly brilliant and I was surprised they didn't show a replay.

Yes it was a wonderful long pass. A long way from the hoofball we were playing because a team mate was within 30 yards of it's destination ;)

Archived