BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] These Should Be In Ewood Park

Guest Walshy

They could/should invest in some of these.....

Backpack-Beer-Dispenser.jpg

selling beer & soft drinks all along the front of the stands before the game & half time. Football clubs like Rovers should maximise the limited selling time they have on matchdays. I rarely bother to go down into the mire at Half time cos it`s no pleasure queueing in that crush. I`d take a trip down to the front though to stretch my legs & get a drink in the fresh air.

• Backroom

They could/should invest in some of these.....

Backpack-Beer-Dispenser.jpg

selling beer & soft drinks all along the front of the stands before the game & half time. Football clubs like Rovers should maximise the limited selling time they have on matchdays. I rarely bother to go down into the mire at Half time cos it`s no pleasure queueing in that crush. I`d take a trip down to the front though to stretch my legs & get a drink in the fresh air.

I mentioned these at a Fans Forum after seeing them used at the MEN but they are quite costly and present other problems such as more congestion, the concourses are quite narrow so there would be little room to stand or queye, they could potentially work in front of the Riverside IMO but then I'm not sure how the beer situation is there with it being in view of the pitch.

The beers cups shown here wont take off majorly yet I imagine due to the fact the glasses probably cost a lot more than then normal ones and the price of the equiptment would be expensive. I imagine people wouldn't be too happy if these were brought in making queueing slightly shorter but the price increased.

If they had them at Ewood, then they need only open one outlet behind the Riverside for cup ties.

I fancied a beer at half time v QPR and the outlet behind E04 was closed.

The outlet down towards the Blackburn End was open and, yes, you've guessed it, queues.

So much for BRFC's consideration for their most loyal supporters!

Due to the alcohol restrictions pitchside, why dont they just sell alcohol in the stands and use these to sell fizzy drinks. This would reduce the amount of people in queues.

Brilliant idea but don't hold your breath that Rovers will adopt it.

Due to the alcohol restrictions pitchside, why dont they just sell alcohol in the stands and use these to sell fizzy drinks. This would reduce the amount of people in queues.

Just wanted to add something else which would help generate more money for the club.

As well as doing the above, they could do what the American's do at the baseball etc and provide drinks during the game. They could come over to you whenever you want a refill.

Just wanted to add something else which would help generate more money for the club.

As well as doing the above, they could do what the American's do at the baseball etc and provide drinks during the game. They could come over to you whenever you want a refill.

Baseball goes on for hours though, and there are lots of breaks.

I'm all for the beer thing though, would make things a lot quicker. Get onto it Walshy, we are all relying on you to pitch the idea to the men that matter at Ewood.

In Australia they have loads of pints already pulled before hand, which makes things quicker, obviously it goes flat and warm quicker though.

Archived