BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

he keeps harping back to back-stabbing.. like a broken record. it unsubstantuated and cant be stated as fact... no matter how much 47er and others want it to be true.

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”. Adolf Hitler

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't referring to results when I mentioned better. IMO the team pattern is better - players seem to have a better idea of what they should be doing and we are a little less gung-ho. Even in the early victories against WBA and Liverpool you could see that the team was lobsided defensively - constantly leaving Salgado exposed. I am not saying things are perfect - and to be honest a more experienced manager wouldn't have made the more basic mistakes he made early in his career - but it would appear he has learnt from his mistakes - and is prepared to listen to advice (and take that advice on board). This doesn't necessarily make him a good manager - but is better than some managers he rigidly stick to a style of play.

been scratching my head, trying to remember our last few games. If we dont go by results and only choose to look at shape and defensive positioning, then you are right.

you know what, if the stream allows me to, im going to take a closer look and get back to you on this one, as its quite an interresting discussion.

been scratching my head, trying to remember our last few games. If we dont go by results and only choose to look at shape and defensive positioning, then you are right.

you know what, if the stream allows me to, im going to take a closer look and get back to you on this one, as its quite an interresting discussion.

the last 2 games and the arsenal away game prove DMTP's point IMO.

47 you are, imo, a decent poster but to accuse somebody of being a backstabber and then not substantiating the accusation is bang out of order.

47 hasn't accused Kean of being a backstabber has he? He just seems to be saying its impossible to prove one way or the other but there are issues surrounding the transition that fans could take to imply something dodgy went on.

What made Venkys want to sack Sam when they knew nothing about football and the league table showed them we were doing fine? Somebody obviously advised them he wasn't the right man for the job, who was it and what was their motivation for doing that? Why after sacking Sam didn't they put his no.2 temporarily in charge before hiring a qualified manager? Instead of sacking his no.2 and putting his no.3 permanently in charge before they'd even seen how good he was?

If fans wanna bury their heads in the sand about it, thats their perogative. Just as it is for other fans to speculate on shady behaviour from Kean or anyone else. Personally I'm not sure either way but its probably contributed to me finding him to be a quite dislikable character, not that that is particularly important in comparison to the results he gets.

What part of END OF CONVERSATION didn't you get greco, look through the site if you're so bothered, its down on record and we've all moved on, thats my last comment on the subject.

listen chicken a la venky, ill call you out, whenever if i see fit.

MOVED ON..??? hehe a page or 2 back, it was you who mentioned it again, so since then you have moved on.. or...

my guess would be, that you havent got the balls, to live by the same rules of integrety, that you demand of others. Pitifull behaviour really, demanding others to prove themselves, while not wanting to do so yourself.

listen chicken a la venky, ill call you out, whenever if i see fit.

MOVED ON..??? hehe a page or 2 back, it was you who mentioned it again, so since then you have moved on.. or...

my guess would be, that you havent got the balls, to live by the same rules of integrety, that you demand of others. Pitifull behaviour really, demanding others to prove themselves, while not wanting to do so yourself.

pitiful behaviour you say ??? i suggest you look in the mirror, greco.

no need for the insults!

47 hasn't accused Kean of being a backstabber has he? He just seems to be saying its impossible to prove one way or the other but there are issues surrounding the transition that fans could take to imply something dodgy went on.

What made Venkys want to sack Sam when they knew nothing about football and the league table showed them we were doing fine? Somebody obviously advised them he wasn't the right man for the job, who was it and what was their motivation for doing that? Why after sacking Sam didn't they put his no.2 temporarily in charge before hiring a qualified manager? Instead of sacking his no.2 and putting his no.3 permanently in charge before they'd even seen how good he was?

If fans wanna bury their heads in the sand about it, thats their perogative. Just as it is for other fans to speculate on shady behaviour from Kean or anyone else. Personally I'm not sure either way but its probably contributed to me finding him to be a quite dislikable character, not that that is particularly important in comparison to the results he gets.

I didn't accuse 47 of saying that.

You are correct in saying that it is impossible one way or another to assess whether or not Kean was duplicitous in getting the Rovers job. So why are some stating that he was with such a degree of certainty and why are some so quick to believe them?

As for Neil McDonald, it isnt unusual for a sacked manager's no 2 to be sacked as well or fall on his sword. I wouldn't be at all surprised if SEM/Kentaro/whatever they are called had some input in Kean's appointment but they were, at the time, being employed by Venkys as advisors were they not? Kean, for his part, probably couldn't believe his luck, backed himself and grabbed the opportunity. Nothing wrong with that is there?

If, in the fullness of time, Kean is proved to have acted less than honourably then I will be amongst the first to condemn him. Without that proof the sort of groundless mudslinging that has gone on here is out of order.

Imo, for what it's worth, Kean comes accross as a decent enough bloke.

I'd gladly take Bentley back. We all know the guy is class (in the footballing sense). It wouldn't stifle the development of Hoilett or Olsson if he was playing in an attacking midfield role (as he did against United that famous night).

I'd not bother with Bentley to be honest; it would stifle the emergence of our younger players and he'd always be compared to his last stint here, and the RSC comment was a little naughty, you’re right he’s not fit and not comparable.

I'd gladly take Bentley back. We all know the guy is class (in the footballing sense). It wouldn't stifle the development of Hoilett or Olsson if he was playing in an attacking midfield role (as he did against United that famous night).

pitiful behaviour you say ??? i suggest you look in the mirror, greco.

no need for the insults!

ill take it step by step, so you can understand it aswell.

someone says, kean is a backstabber, gav wants proof, otherwise he wont believe them.

gav claims people have agendas, i want proof, but he wont/probably cant deliver.

so he is not living by the same rules, he applies to others. That is someone i would call a chicken, hypocrit or in general a pussy. So you see, imo gav himself proved he was a hypocrit/chicken, so it should be okay, to label him as one.

I wanted him back before he went on loan to Brun, but clearly Kean didn't rate him, much in the same way McLeish and Redknapp don't rate him either. No doubt about it his ability, he was on fire last time around when pulling on the blue n white, but somethings changed, motivation maybe? And also he’s perceived to be an arrogant so and so, would his pride allow him to come back? I doubt it, but time will tell Topman.

ill take it step by step, so you can understand it aswell.

someone says, kean is a backstabber, gav wants proof, otherwise he wont believe them.

gav claims people have agendas, i want proof, but he wont/probably cant deliver.

so he is not living by the same rules, he applies to others. That is someone i would call a chicken, hypocrit or in general a pussy. So you see, imo gav himself proved he was a hypocrit/chicken, so it should be okay, to label him as one.

gav's proof or examples are well documented on the relevant threads... as he's already said.

gav's proof or examples are well documented on the relevant threads... as he's already said.

again, he accused others of having agendas, so when asked to deliver proof, like he himself has done to others, he should be able to deliver. But when proof, is actually only examples, no wonder he chickened out.

why do you even try to debate it, when you yourself wanted evidence from another poster, regarding the backstabber rumours and kean.. Seems quite stupid, that on one page you want evidence and on the next, examples will do. Doesnt make sense.

lets keep kean now, the last few months were just a dream, and the win against bolton is all that matters, so lets give him a 10 year contract cause hes the dog's B*llocks, hes the new mesiah, nothing that went on before saturday matters anymore and the world is made fluffy pillows and the drink never stops flowing. (sarcasm ends)

ffs, just support the guy untill the end of the season. he is out of his depth, but lets just get over the finish line

Isn't creating a superb atmosphere at the Bolton game (as well as every other game) supporting him?

People can slaughter/praise him all they like on message boards/pubs/over the garden fence.

You mean like members insinuating that Kean doesn't even have the basic qualifications?

Even though there's no way he could have got the job without it?

That sort of thing?

If Kean is the manager at the start of next season I think we should all be very worried. Lets look at his record:

Kean.png

Sorry but that is not the record of a quality manager.

Extrapolated through 38 matches the projected points total for a season (and a max points haul of 114) would see us currently on 28. :P

But don't despair cos Kean's version of hoofball has been really great and very entertaining...... to some. :rolleyes:

As for his tenure - things have improved since the early days when he obviously tried to change too much too quickly. Whether they have improved enough is debateable - but it is interesting to hear Olsson compliment both Kean and BS - with the emphasis on Kean giving young players confidence (something we have seen in Hoilett and Olsson).

"Things have improved"... so the fact that a 1-0 home win against a very average Bolton is seen as an improvement is a sorry state.

Allardyce moved Olsson forward to left midfield very successfully last season. Allardyce also talked Hoilett into signing another contract with BRFC last season.

For what it's worth I accept that he didn't play Hoilett as much as I would have liked this season, but then again I don't see players at close quarters 5 days a week either.

I'd not bother with Bentley to be honest; it would stifle the emergence of our younger players and he'd always be compared to his last stint here,

If Levy would let him go cheap enough I'd take him like a shot to replace Dunny in central midfield.

Look, it isn't the Bentley thread! Bucky just threw that in to distract us from the fact that he hasn't been on here for months (because it was taking over his life).

Then we win one.........

:lol:

We were by far the better team in the first half until the referee intervened.

If the ref had intervened like the ref at Chelsea last weekend we'd have been 0-4 down at HT! Or have you forgotten that DMTP?

You mean like members insinuating that Kean doesn't even have the basic qualifications?

Even though there's no way he could have got the job without it?

That sort of thing?

Yeah..... I rem some of the horrible doubters on here also questioned Ince's coaching qualifications too!

Yeah..... I rem some of the horrible doubters on here also questioned Ince's coaching qualifications too!

It was common knowledge that Ince required dispensation from the PL (like Southgate) to take the job.

This never happened with Kean.

Archived