BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

Santa Cruz the same then? Harry Rednknapp?

Santa Cruz isn't fit GAV, surely you can see that with how immobile he is when playing.

Bentley on the other hand hasn't had any long term injuries over the last few years. Are you saying you wouldn't take a chance on him if the opportunity arose? He was our outstanding player under Hughes and had just broken into the England team. He's a tricky customer to motivate but Hughes managed it.

Harry Redknapp what? Just because he didn't get the best out of him thats his career over?

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Santa Cruz isn't fit GAV, surely you can see that with how immobile he is when playing.

Bentley on the other hand hasn't had any long term injuries over the last few years. Are you saying you wouldn't take a chance on him if the opportunity arose? He was our outstanding player under Hughes and had just broken into the England team. He's a tricky customer to motivate but Hughes managed it.

Harry Redknapp what? Just because he didn't get the best out of him thats his career over?

Yeah,I didn't follow that point either. Many players go to Spurs and find their career goes backwards. Nothing new there.

Under the right management Bentley could be a great player, we all saw that at Ewood.

And so what is the 'right management' for Bentley? He didnt really set WHL alight whilst working for 'Arry did he?

All he needs is to leave his ego in the changing room and show that he can be arsed - two things he didnt do at Spurs and neither of which he seems to have done whilst on loan.

I was mainly referring to the Allardyce lies that have been thrown about this site, and the fact Kean took his dream job like we’d all have done.

I’ll be more specific next time and as for hidden agendas, doesn’t take a genius to work out that certain posters are not all that they seem :o

pleaso do expand on your knowledge, regarding hidden agendas. Who are they, what are their motives and what do they gain by their agendas.? should be quite easy to answer, as it doesnt take a genius to do so, right.?

so if i stated, kean backstabbed his way to the job, it doesnt take a genius to figure that out, that be enough evidence for you..? apparently its proof enough to accuse others of having agendas, but not enough to accuse kean of backstabbing his way to the job. Quite hypocritical, wouldnt you say..?

I'd not bother with Bentley to be honest; it would stifle the emergence of our younger players and he'd always be compared to his last stint here, and the RSC comment was a little naughty, you’re right he’s not fit and not comparable.

Whereas you believe perennial underachiever Bentley is the answer to all our woes.

It takes all sorts

Bentley is still an excellent player.

McLeish just isn't good with players other than dogged workhorses. He hasn't even been able to use Hleb, who is a fantastic footballer.

I'd have Bentley back in a flash. Him, Hoilett and Olsson/Rochina behind a good target man could be devastating.

And so what is the 'right management' for Bentley? He didnt really set WHL alight whilst working for 'Arry did he?

All he needs is to leave his ego in the changing room and show that he can be arsed - two things he didnt do at Spurs and neither of which he seems to have done whilst on loan.

Look, it isn't the Bentley thread! Bucky just threw that in to distract us from the fact that he hasn't been on here for months (because it was taking over his life).

Then we win one.........

pleaso do expand on your knowledge, regarding hidden agendas. Who are they, what are their motives and what do they gain by their agendas.? should be quite easy to answer, as it doesnt take a genius to do so, right.?

so if i stated, kean backstabbed his way to the job, it doesnt take a genius to figure that out, that be enough evidence for you..? apparently its proof enough to accuse others of having agendas, but not enough to accuse kean of backstabbing his way to the job. Quite hypocritical, wouldnt you say..?

Sorry if you've not been around much greco, but we've already done this one and the culprits put on ignore, end of conversation.

Well its a bit tricky to say who would get the best out of him. It all really depends on what style of management he responds to. Having seen him set Ewood alight on a number of occasions I would suggest that a manager who demands respect (much like Hughes does) would be ideal for him.

I agree with your second sentence, he has nothing between his ears! But plenty of players are like that. Anelka is as thick as two short planks and trips over his bottom lip when things don't go his way. He was fantastic at Bolton under the right management. I would suggest that these types of players need to feel special e.g. build the team around them.

But as mentioned above, I think he needs a figure of respect to look up to. Our manager certainly isn't that. Our previous one might have done well with him.

nope actually it doesnt, he states kean is doing better now, when compared to his start and that is false. The facts are quite clear, he gained more points in the start, as opposed to now.

I wasn't referring to results when I mentioned better. IMO the team pattern is better - players seem to have a better idea of what they should be doing and we are a little less gung-ho. Even in the early victories against WBA and Liverpool you could see that the team was lobsided defensively - constantly leaving Salgado exposed. I am not saying things are perfect - and to be honest a more experienced manager wouldn't have made the more basic mistakes he made early in his career - but it would appear he has learnt from his mistakes - and is prepared to listen to advice (and take that advice on board). This doesn't necessarily make him a good manager - but is better than some managers he rigidly stick to a style of play.

Look, it isn't the Bentley thread! Bucky just threw that in to distract us from the fact that he hasn't been on here for months (because it was taking over his life).

Then we win one.........

Eh?

Would you like me to PM you my posts before posting so that you can vet them first?

Jesus..................

Then we win one.........

:lol: If we win the last three I have a feeling he might have to go into rehab after a couple of weeks.

If we lose the last three and go down, it might not be quite so addictive

Santa Cruz the same then?

Well that's a brilliant comparison isn't it?

Santa Cruz has had 1 good season when he had consistantly good crosses from Bentley to feed from. At the moment he has nothing. Even if he stood on the pen spot for 90mins I doubt MGP, Olsson, Hoilett or Emerton could get a cross on his head. Bentley has just completely lost his confidence. If you put him in the right team and give him the right support he would stand a good chance of recovering his form.

I'd not bother with Bentley to be honest; it would stifle the emergence of our younger players and he'd always be compared to his last stint here, and the RSC comment was a little naughty, you’re right he’s not fit and not comparable.

I think Bentley would be great if we could play him in the Dunn role in a 4-5-1. His creativity would be invaluable in that little hole.

Sorry if you've not been around much greco, but we've already done this one and the culprits put on ignore, end of conversation.

I called you out, as you once again wrote, what was a weak, insinuating and unsubstantiated post. Sadly I had a hunch, that you would chicken out, when being called out and right i was.

The thing is, that you yourelf have asked for evidence, of kean being a backstabber. You wouldnt trust other posters, unless they proved their accusattions and those your own words mate, so how about you dig deep and do the same. I really thought, a man asking for evidence from others, surely must have evidence himself, to back up his own claims. Otherwise he would come of, as being quite stupid, wouldnt you agree.?

so ill ask again, just so we can clear matters up and you get a chance to come across a bit better, who has an agenda and what do they stand to gain..?

I called you out, as you once again wrote, what was a weak, insinuating and unsubstantiated post. Sadly I had a hunch, that you would chicken out, when being called out and right i was.

The thing is, that you yourelf have asked for evidence, of kean being a backstabber. You wouldnt trust other posters, unless they proved their accusattions and those your own words mate, so how about you dig deep and do the same. I really thought, a man asking for evidence from others, surely must have evidence himself, to back up his own claims. Otherwise he would come of, as being quite stupid, wouldnt you agree.?

so ill ask again, just so we can clear matters up and you get a chance to come across a bit better, who has an agenda and what do they stand to gain..?

What part of END OF CONVERSATION didn't you get greco, look through the site if you're so bothered, its down on record and we've all moved on, thats my last comment on the subject.

Gav wants proof of Kean being a back-stabber, knowing it doesn't exist in any form that we could ever know about. I've no proof that Bin Laden is dead but the evidence seems to suggest it.

I think Bentley would be great if we could play him in the Dunn role in a 4-5-1. His creativity would be invaluable in that little hole.

I think the plan is to play Rochina in that role, from what I can gather from other posters he has the ability also.

Gav wants proof of Kean being a back-stabber, knowing it doesn't exist in any form that we could ever know about. I've no proof that Bin Laden is dead but the evidence seems to suggest it.

47 you are, imo, a decent poster but to accuse somebody of being a backstabber and then not substantiating the accusation is bang out of order.

47 you are, imo, a decent poster but to accuse somebody of being a backstabber and then not substantiating the accusation is bang out of order.

he keeps harping back to back-stabbing.. like a broken record. it unsubstantuated and cant be stated as fact... no matter how much 47er and others want it to be true.

Archived